*USA Basketball* WOMEN EARN GOLD v. ESP (101-72)! MEN EARN GOLD v. SRB (96-66)!

Originally Posted by dreClark

^Try again. You can do it.

Nope, I really cant.  
laugh.gif

Anyways....

What I was trying to write was....

P Mac has had a frontal lobotomy. 

Blake Griffin -    3pt%  =  .125

FT%   = .521

Kevin Love -  3pt% = .372

FT% = .824

That worthless stat about the 16-23ft range is total crap and has no relevance on actual shooting.      Blake Griffin can't shoot.   I don't see how you even would try to argue that.

I don't think the tournament would be any more competitive. The reason teams like Spain, Argentina, France, etc. are as good as they are is because they've played together for many years.

David Stern can suck it.  If he had his way, Rose would never get the chance to win Olympic gold. 
frown.gif

Originally Posted by bballah3

Originally Posted by dreClark

^Try again. You can do it.

Nope, I really cant.  
laugh.gif

Anyways....

What I was trying to write was....

P Mac has had a frontal lobotomy. 

Blake Griffin -    3pt%  =  .125

FT%   = .521

Kevin Love -  3pt% = .372

FT% = .824

That worthless stat about the 16-23ft range is total crap and has no relevance on actual shooting.      Blake Griffin can't shoot.   I don't see how you even would try to argue that.
Please explain how 16-23 feet is a worthless stat. It has far more worth in showing a players shooting ability for an international contest than 3pt shooting or ft% does. Of course, Griffin doesn't shoot 3s, so making none of those shots he doesn't take just keeps his overall fg% higher than Love's.

Blake Griffin can indeed shoot according to every available metric, but the popular public opinion that he's a one dimensional player who can only dunk is clouding your view of the facts and reality.

Im telling you guys, Tyreke and Cousins should be on the USA squad.

Tyreke is great paired with Harden whether you want to split the defense or get a shooter on the floor. Cousins can post up any foreign dude on any team any time he wants to get inside.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by aztec06jr

pimp.gif
....Thanks man, did you get them? I'm looking at hotels + flights right now.
Yeah. I'd already booked the trip because I wanted to go to the game. Ended up being cheaper because it's mid-week. I say go for it.

And I have a hard time imagining the game would be a sell out. It's just an exhibition against DR. But who knows.
Yup, flights + hotels are really cheap, especially relative to the costs of a weekend trip.
Which hotel you staying at? Venetian and Aria are pretty cheap right now.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

pimp.gif
....Thanks man, did you get them? I'm looking at hotels + flights right now.
Yeah. I'd already booked the trip because I wanted to go to the game. Ended up being cheaper because it's mid-week. I say go for it.

And I have a hard time imagining the game would be a sell out. It's just an exhibition against DR. But who knows.
Yup, flights + hotels are really cheap, especially relative to the costs of a weekend trip.
Which hotel you staying at? Venetian and Aria are pretty cheap right now.
Mirage. Get in Wednesday mid-day, leave late Friday.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

http://blogs.sacbee.com/sports/kings/archives/2012/05/kings-cousins-t.html
http://blogs.sacbee.com/sports/kings/archives/2012/05/kings-cousins-t.htmlKings' Cousins to receive Select team invitation

Jerry Colangelo, the czar of Team USA's mens basketball program, told me a few minutes ago that DeMarcus Cousins will be invited to play for the Select team at the pre-Olympic training camps in Las Vegas and Washington, D.C. Colangelo and coach Mike Krzyzewski also planned to add a few players to its list of 20 Oympic finalists later today. The number of finalists had been trimmed significantly because of season-ending injuries suffered by Derek Rose, Dwight Howard, Chauncey Billups and LaMarcus Aldridge. Lamar Odom was bypassed for obvious reasons - he was dropped by the Dallas Mavericks after enduring a miserable season - though there been some speculation that he could be among the additions.

Cousins, 21, had hoped to be named to the Olympic team - which was highly unlikely - but last week said he would accept an invitation to play for the Select team. Consisting mostly of younger NBA players, the Select team's role is to practice and scrimmage against the Olympians. More importantly, Cousins' inclusion adds him to the national team's pool of candidates who will be named to the 2014 World Championship and 2016 Olympic squads.

"They haven't called yet," said Cousins' agent, John Greig, "but my expectation is that he would accept. He takes seriously the responsibility of representing your country."

Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/s...um=twitter#storylink=cpy

Originally Posted by amel223

David Stern can suck it.  If he had his way, Rose would never get the chance to win Olympic gold. 
frown.gif

Your "everyone hates my boy" attitude is ridiculous and comical 

Originally Posted by dland24

David Stern wants the olympics to be strictly 23 and under.  If that ever passes through...Rose can never play olympic ball.  what's hard to understand about that? 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by amel223

Originally Posted by dland24

David Stern wants the olympics to be strictly 23 and under.  If that ever passes through...Rose can never play olympic ball.  what's hard to understand about that? 
laugh.gif
You made it sound like if it were up to Stern, he wouldnt let Rose have a chance to win a gold medal.  Like he has some vendetta or something.

Anthony Davis going to be added to the pool of 16 finalists. Smart move
pimp.gif

They were considering Cousins, Monroe & Al Jefferson.

^Damn already?? ESPN needs to step their game up
30t6p3b.gif

Congrats to Davis though. 

U.S. likely to add to Olympic pool

By Marc Stein
ESPN.com

In the wake of an injury crisis, USA Basketball chairman Jerry Colangelo said Tuesday that he's likely to add "one or two players" to the list of finalists for Team USA's Olympic roster.The U.S. announced 20 finalists in January, but has since lost four of those candidates to injury. Starting center Dwight Howard recently had back surgery and point guard Derrick Rose tore a knee ligament Saturday.The losses of Howard and Rose follows previous season-ending injuries suffered by Chauncey Billups (Achilles) and LaMarcus Aldridge (hip).Colangelo announced the intent to add a player or two to the preliminary roster at a news conference in Las Vegas with Team USA coach Mike Krzyzewski in the midst of meetings with Krzyzewski's staff about the roster and logistics for the summer.Colangelo said Tuesday that the 12-man final roster won't be selected "until the very last moment," but the deadline still falls before the NBA playoffs will be over in late June. A final roster with up to six alternates is due June 18, although USA Basketball had been planning to make the selections by June 1 before the rash of injuries.Team USA should be able to withstand the loss of Rose, as long as it suffers no further backcourt casualties, because Colangelo and Krzyzewski can still call upon Chris PaulDeron Williams and Russell Westbrook at point guard.The frontcourt rotation is where Team USA needs reinforcements most after the injuries suffered by Howard and Aldridge left only four recognized centers or power forwards on the original 20-man preliminary roster announced in January: Kevin LoveChris BoshTyson Chandler and Blake Griffin.Although LeBron JamesCarmelo Anthony and Kevin Durant can all routinely be deployed as power forwards against most opponents in the international game, Team USA knows it needs ample size to counter its biggest rivals from Spain, who can trot out Pau GasolMarc Gasol and Serge Ibaka.Sources close to the situation told ESPN.com that Sacramento Kings power forward DeMarcus CousinsDetroit Pistons center Greg Monroe and incoming Kentucky star Anthony Davis -- widely regarded as a lock to be selected with the No. 1 overall pick in the June draft -- are among the young big men under consideration to be among the late additions Colangelo mentioned.The most natural replacement for Howard is Los Angeles Lakers center Andrew Bynum, but Bynum stated publicly in April that he intends to take the summer off to get some rest and treatment for his knees. Indiana Pacers center Roy Hibbert would be another natural contender, especially after his stint on the USA's Pan-American team in 2007, but Hibbert elected to join Jamaica's senior national team for the 2010 Centrobasket tournament and FIBA rules preclude players from representing two different countries at the senior level.Colangelo met Monday and Tuesday with Krzyzewski and assistant coaches Jim Boeheim, Mike D'Antoni and Nate McMillan."I think we have concluded to some degree, although we're not finished with our meetings, that we will probably add one or two players to that pool and that's because of circumstances," Colangelo said. "And we are probably at this point not going to make any announcement on who that 12 will be until the very last moment as we watch the NBA games and keep our fingers crossed that no other further injuries take place."A lot of things have been said along the way. Equity is certainly right at the top of the list, those who have participated, paid their dues, etc. So equity is very important. No. 2, as injuries take their toll, we've said also that we would be fluid, there'd be additions, there'd be deletions and we need to be flexible. I think the key word today is flexibility. Flexibility on time, flexibility with names and roster sizes, etc."
Colangelo and Krzyzewski also confirmed during the press conference that Team USA would train in Las Vegas from July 6-11 and play an exhibition game against the Dominican Republic -- coached by Kentucky's John Calipari -- on July 12 at The Thomas & Mack Center on the campus of UNLV.
The remaining healthy finalists eligible for selection for the eventual 12-man squad bound for London are Anthony, Bosh, Kobe Bryant, Chandler, Durant, Rudy GayEric Gordon, Griffin, Andre Iguodala, James, Love, Paul, Dwyane Wade, Westbrook and Williams.In what came as a surprise to observers, Colangelo told the Las Vegas Review-Journal on Tuesday that he would also continue to consider Team USA veteran Lamar Odom for the London roster, despite the fact that Odom was deactivated by the Dallas Mavericks before the playoffs began after a poor season.After telling the Los Angeles Times last month that he doubted that Odom could be ready "physically or emotionally" to remain in the mix for London, Colangelo told the Review-Journal that he prefers to be "willing to give someone a second chance" if Odom can reclaim the form that made him an integral part of the squad that won the FIBA World Championship in Turkey in 2010."I would like to think he'd like to put this season behind him," Colangelo was quoted as saying by the Review-Journal. "His Dallas episode hurt his image. If he comes in and shows he can be a contributor and his attitude is good and he wants to be here ... why not? As far as USA Basketball is concern, (Odom) is in the (player) pool and we'll see how it plays out."

Jeff Zillgitt: WAS G John Wall expected to join SAC C DeMarcus Cousins on U.S. Select Team for pre-Olympic training, according to person w/info.

Marc Stein: Some Team USA scuttle: Hearing Wiz lobbying hard to get John Wall added to roster, but have to believe Kyrie Irving is the guy IF a PG added

Irving
eek.gif

laugh.gif
if he makes it over Westbrook

Wall's in

[h1]Wizards’ John Wall chosen for Team USA select team[/h1]
By Michael Lee

John Wall has been invited to participate with the Team USA select team that will scrimmage with the Olympic team this summer, USA Basketball director Jerry Colangelo confirmed on Thursday.

138046736.jpg

(Streeter Lecka - GETTY IMAGES) Wall has long stated that one of his goals is representing this country in international competition and being a part of the select team is an important step in being part of the U.S. men’s national team pool. A few months after the Wizards made him the No. 1 overall pick in 2010, Wall said he would like to like to have a chance, “
hopefully soon http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/08/15/AR2010081503312.html.

Neither John Wall or Kyrie Irving have any business being mentioned in this thread. Cannot believe they would seriously consider adding Wall to this team.
laugh.gif

Just wondering..... but you guys do understand what the Select team is right, like more likely than not they aren't making the team. Its only positioning themselves for a spot on the 2014 WC team.

I mean, Robin Lopez, Anthony Randolph, Jeff Green, Kyle Korver, Devin Harris, and Luther Head have all made the select team at one time or another. A few even made it to the minicamp:lol:

anyways I guess Irving is "in" as well
laugh.gif
USA Basketball director Jerry Colangelo confirms Kyrie Irving will receive an invite to participate on US Select Team. #Cavs
— Reed, Boyer (@PDcavsinsider) May 3, 2012

Back
Top Bottom