*USA Basketball* WOMEN EARN GOLD v. ESP (101-72)! MEN EARN GOLD v. SRB (96-66)!

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Just wondering..... but you guys do understand what the Select team is right, like more likely than not they aren't making the team. Its only positioning themselves for a spot on the 2014 WC team.

I mean, Robin Lopez, Anthony Randolph, Jeff Green, Kyle Korver, Devin Harris, and Luther Head have all made the select team at one time or another. A few even made it to the minicamp:lol:

laugh.gif
Noticed this when you posted that Cousins article and everyone came in with the
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

Just wondering..... but you guys do understand what the Select team is right, like more likely than not they aren't making the team. Its only positioning themselves for a spot on the 2014 WC team.

I mean, Robin Lopez, Anthony Randolph, Jeff Green, Kyle Korver, Devin Harris, and Luther Head have all made the select team at one time or another. A few even made it to the minicamp:lol:

laugh.gif
Noticed this when you posted that Cousins article and everyone came in with the
pimp.gif
You mean to tell me reading comprehension is severely lacking on this board?

Was thinking the same thing, people actually thought Wall or McGee would make the real team
laugh.gif

Wait so is Anthony Davis in with the rest of the regulars? Or just in consideration?

I personally think DMC with that team would do wonders for his maturity. I know it did a lot for a lot of other players (Eric Gordon, Tyson Chandler), and I just think it can do a lot for the kid.

anyways I guess Irving is "in" as well
laugh.gif
USA Basketball director Jerry Colangelo confirms Kyrie Irving will receive an invite to participate on US Select Team. #Cavs
— Reed, Boyer (@PDcavsinsider) May 3, 2012

pimp.gif

This young kid's work ethic >>.

This will be a huge growth-process for Irving. He'll be around players who've been in his position before, on top of USA playing experience that'll boost his ego to come back even more aggressive next year.

Kyrie the truth bruh
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Wait so is Anthony Davis in with the rest of the regulars? Or just in consideration?

I personally think DMC with that team would do wonders for his maturity. I know it did a lot for a lot of other players (Eric Gordon, Tyson Chandler), and I just think it can do a lot for the kid.

None of these adds are making the team.
They go through practice and scrimmage.....they need bodies to fill up the scrimmage teams.   Thats all these guys will do.   (Other than possibly play against the DR, but what is that worth? lol)

It's about getting them acclimated to the Team USA program more than anything.

Like the Webber/Penny kids that faced the OG Dream Team in their first get togethers. 

Originally Posted by bballah3

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

None of these adds are making the team.
They go through practice and scrimmage.....they need bodies to fill up the scrimmage teams.   Thats all these guys will do.   (Other than possibly play against the DR, but what is that worth? lol)
This. Although, McGee in 2010 was the closest a select team member was to making a team and received a consideration to at least be transferred into the pool after all the bigs got hurt that summer, so close that he was actually competing for a spot even though he was the first cut after their intrasquad scrimmage in NYC.
Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

James Harden announcement coming later
Yes, he will be in the actually pool of players competing for a spot for London.

Davis
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

dude's game will fit perfectly on this squad.

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

Still no love for Rondo in that 3rd PG spot, huh?
30t6p3b.gif

What about now???

It's NO DOUBT in my mind now that Rondo needs to be CP3's back up in London this year. I plead w/ someone to convince me otherwise.

30t6p3b.gif

What about now???

It's NO DOUBT in my mind now that Rondo needs to be CP3's back up in London this year. I plead w/ someone to convince me otherwise.
He should be, but Rondo has been Isaiah Thomas'd from the USA team by Chris Paul

Originally Posted by gko2408

30t6p3b.gif

What about now???

He should be, but Rondo has been Isaiah Thomas'd from the USA team by Chris Paul

wee-bey-gif.gif

Originally Posted by gko2408

What about now???

wee-bey-gif.gif
[h1]
[h1]Rajon Rondo Never Wants To Play For Team USA In The Olympics[/h1]
Rajon Rondo was not chosen as one of the 20 finalists for the Team USA which will compete in the 2012 London Olympics, so this year's Olympics was never an option.

But even if playing in the Olympics does become an option for Rondo in the future, hedoesn't want to wear the red, white and blue.

Ever.
"No, I don't," he told Fox Sports Florida regarding the situation. "I just don't... Wondering why? I love my summers. I'll leave it at that."

Rondo left the 2010 FIBA championships amid curious circumstances -- the team said he withdrew for personal reasons, but his departure came after he received a DNP-CD during an exhibition game against Spain. Rondo told Fox Sports Florida he left of his own accord because he was "homesick."

The point guard currently leads the NBA in assists with 11.3 per game and has registered at least 10 assists in every game since March 11.
[/h1]how about now?

so if Bosh's injury is lingers maybe they add DMC/Monroe into the pool?

CP3 had nothing to do with Rondo not being on Team USA. Derrick Rose won the battle back in 2010 by not being a little twerp, and Rondo's held a grudge ever since.

Things change, opinions change, men change their minds.

If Mike, Jerry and Doc all try to convince him I think he may reconsider.

He's the 2nd best American PG in the game right now. Utter nonsense not to give that man another legitimate look, imo.

56 days until the first game against Dominican Republic.

The only good thing about the Lakers getting murdered by OKC is that Kobe can get ready for London lol

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

CP3 had nothing to do with Rondo not being on Team USA. Derrick Rose won the battle back in 2010 by not being a little twerp, and Rondo's held a grudge ever since.

Derrick and Russell out classed Rondo from the time they were all in the program. Dudes dont like Rondo on any level and thats half the issue.
Coach K seemed pretty sad Rose wasnt gone be able to play 

Dudes want to say that Rose was outplayed at the WC's in 2010 by Russell. Russell's role was to score.

Back
Top Bottom