*USA Basketball* WOMEN EARN GOLD v. ESP (101-72)! MEN EARN GOLD v. SRB (96-66)!

if we have Chandler,Davis, and Love as our primary bigs I'd be happy. Sprinkle a little bit o blakeshow in there and we are fine. The teams biggest weakness is it's inside presence but even that is debatable. People are forgetting we have the 3 best players in the world in Lebron, Kobe, and KD. My only concern is the team playing with the necessary intensity each game.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by bakedFresh707

its goin to be an interesting Olympics. were goin to get murdered in the paint.
Only if they're stupid and go with one true center. If Anthony Davis is on it, he and Chandler get to tag team protecting the rim. If they go with Blake, it's going to be a non-stop lay-up parade when Chandler sits.

true, but what bout Spain with the Gasols? teams like Spain aint gon be a walk in the park. plus its FIBA rules in im not mistaken.

Spoiler [+]
FREE McGEE!!!!!

Spain will be tough, but they will be missing Ricky Rubio. They probably won't be as good as they were in 2008, but neither will U.S. Durant's game is custom made for FIBA though. He was unstoppable in the 2010 World Championships and he's better now.

1996 was better individually (1 through 12, no college player), in terms of everyone being at the peak of their game (or close to it), but it was not a better team. I think it was Barkley who said the difference between 1992 and 1996 was that in 1992 they knew they were winning every game. He said he didn't have the same confidence about the 1996 team because of all the attitude problems.

So looking at the roster I think these 10 players are basically locks at this point...

CP3, Dwill, Russy
Kobe, Durant
Lebron, Carmelo
Love, Griffin
Chandler

that leaves 2 spots for these guys to fight for- Gordon, Gay, Iggy, Odom, Harden, A. Davis

I think I'd want Iggy and Anthony Davis to fill out the roster. A bit of size and defense that we need

Originally Posted by srvballer

So looking at the roster I think these 10 players are basically locks at this point...

CP3, Dwill, Russy
Kobe, Durant
Lebron, Carmelo
Love, Griffin
Chandler

that leaves 2 spots for these guys to fight for- Gordon, Gay, Iggy, Odom, Harden, A. Davis

I think I'd want Iggy and Anthony Davis to fill out the roster. A bit of size and defense that we need
It's looking more and more like Blake is going to make it by default, but he'll end up being the 12th man. Team USA will go small at PF at times with Durant and Lebron instead of him, for the most part.

Who's the sharp shooter......we usually take a sharp shooter right?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by thachosen123

nerd.gif
Michael Redd was the sharp shooter in 2008 and was a non-factor. It's no big deal if you have Durant/Kobe/Carmelo/Lebron as your main scorers. All can hit threes (especially in FIBA, where the line is a bit closer), and all can create their own shot. And in that 2008 gold medal game, Team USA hit a record number of threes. They'll be fine.

Anthony Davis has got to be on that team. Either that or go get Hibbert/DeAndre Jordan or even JaVale friggin McGee. Come on: Only one true center in Chandler? Are you kidding me? Love and Griffin are pure power forwards, not even a "PF/C". And that's not even the worst part, it's that neither of them is a shot blocker. Really seems like a no-brainer that Davis should be on the team. It's a win-win both for Team USA in terms of type of player they need and for Davis himself to get acquainted with NBA players before his rookie season.

I hope Iggy makes the team. His defense would be a great addition to the team.

I would also like to see Roy Hibbert make it. We need more than one true center in international play.

Hopefully by '16 Griffin will be playing defense, but as of now we need another rim protector

My vote goes to Davis over EJ, Rudy, Lamar & Harden for that reason

nerd.gif
Michael Redd was the sharp shooter in 2008 and was a non-factor. It's no big deal if you have Durant/Kobe/Carmelo/Lebron as your main scorers. All can hit threes (especially in FIBA, where the line is a bit closer), and all can create their own shot. And in that 2008 gold medal game, Team USA hit a record number of threes. They'll be fine.
a bit closer is an understatement
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
i agree with you though

Looks like Anthony Davis is out.

Adrian Wojnarowski just tweeted that he severely sprained his ankle working out with the Hornets and is likely out of the Olympics.

Originally Posted by 81ackMamba

Looks like Anthony Davis is out.

Adrian Wojnarowski just tweeted that he severely sprained is ankle working out with the Hornets and is likely out of the Olympics.
In other words, New Orleans didn't want to risk the face of the franchise to the Olympics
laugh.gif

Odom better be in proper form.... if not bring on DMC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by ME NO PASS

nerd.gif
a bit closer is an understatement
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
i agree with you though
I only say a "a bit" because FIBA moved the line back in 2010 at the same time they went to a rectangle lane. It's a foot-and-a-half longer now. It's not some bogus NCAA line anymore.

Back
Top Bottom