Usher - "Looking for Myself" 06/08/12

Originally Posted by StillIn729

Originally Posted by Heshua

you can't ever please NTers; if he made albums like My Way, 8701 or Confessions they would +!##+ about that too
let's not act like Michael Jackson kept making Thriller over and over 
Michael Jackson didnt have to make thriller over and over, he kept making great songs though.  Usher, well, he stopped doing that a long time ago and drops a good song once in a blue moon with plenty of steamy dookie in between. 
right 
laugh.gif

because you guys complained about "Here I Stand" like many others which was a really good album but was too R&B for everyone so he made some songs for the masses on "RvR" and then he sold out 

keep doing your thing Usher 
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Standard
usher-looking-4-myself-e1336007503897.jpg

Deluxe

usher-looking-for-myself_thelavalizard.jpg

STANDARD EDITION:

Can’t Stop Won’t Stop
Scream
Climax
I Care For U
Show Me
Lemme See (feat. Rick Ross)
Twisted (feat. Pharrell)
Dive
What Happened To U
Looking 4 Myself (feat. Luke Steele)
Numb
Lessons For The Lover
Sins Of My Father
Euphoria

DELUXE BONUS TRACKS:

I.F.U.
Say The Words
2nd Round
Hot Thing

usherbillboardcover.jpg

Looking forward to this Pharrell track
pimp.gif

Climax still gets a lot of play from me... Looking forward to the album.

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

I know there are plenty of people out there that will disagree with me, but Usher really needs to pick it up from his last two albums.

In my opinion he’s really strayed away from being an “artist.

I really like that Let Me See song until Ross starts rapping about Trayvon Martin. The album cover is a good indication of what the album will sound like. I read an article a few weeks back and he said the album would be half R&B and half dance music. I'll download the deluxe and if it has enough R&B, I'll buy it but I doubt it.

For the record, I liked "Here I Stand" a few songs were weak but that album was solid.

Originally Posted by illfrozn

I know there are plenty of people out there that will disagree with me, but Usher really needs to pick it up from his last two albums.

In my opinion he’s really strayed away from being an “artist.

He doesn't need to copy the "Confessions" early-2000's sound to be Usher. He just needs to find a way where he's not making cookie-cutter radio tracks. "OMG" is the ultimate example; it was a BEP track where Fergie would've sounded just as comfortable as Usher on the track.

"Climax" is a great example of how he can take today's sounds (electro) and put his own personality on it. "Scream" not so much.

He doesn't need to copy the "Confessions" early-2000's sound to be Usher. He just needs to find a way where he's not making cookie-cutter radio tracks. "OMG" is the ultimate example; it was a BEP track where Fergie would've sounded just as comfortable as Usher on the track.

"Climax" is a great example of how he can take today's sounds (electro) and put his own personality on it. "Scream" not so much.
Climax is made for the R&B radio it's not a mainstream track while Scream is meant to be a #1 single
I give up trying to explain how the record business works now...it's about singles not albums anymore

You don't need how to explain how the business works. Of course this formula works from a $ standpoint and it's no wonder why Usher would put out "Scream" type of tracks to make huge amounts of money. There are more people out there who will buy into a pop hit than people who care about a "real" Usher.

We're talking as fans though. Props to Usher for getting his money, but I don't care how much he makes.

It's OK... has a good vibe to it.

Pharrell said he produced a monster for Usher where he used the sound library that he got from Hans Zimmer. I wanted to hear that one. Knowing Usher, a track that sounds like that will be scrapped.

Climax is made for the R&B radio it's not a mainstream track while Scream is meant to be a #1 single
I give up trying to explain how the record business works now...it's about singles not albums anymore
So good music is based on sales now? You listen to what sells?

Climax isn't a good song?  people buy singles not albums...what don't you understand?
People buying Scream aren't buying Climax and vice versa

also the sales argument is ******ed; a song sells well so it makes it "bad" by music snobs standards 

Climax isn't a good song?  people buy singles not albums...what don't you understand?
People buying Scream aren't buying Climax and vice versa

also the sales argument is ******ed; a song sells well so it makes it "bad" by music snobs standards 
I was asking you for your opinion ...

This was so well said. Great post!! I could not agree with you more regarding Usher and the state of music. I really would like to see him bounce back as well because I agree he is a great talent.
Co-sign. While I can agree with StillIn sometimes, he sticks up for this dude Usher like he's his father. No one is saying for Usher to do the same music over and over, but quit going for the standard pop sound. Usher's best selling album (and the best selling in 10 years) was original, different, and not formulaic. So was, 8701 and My Way. SOME people trashed 'Here I Stand' because they thought he went too far left. Now, he's gone too far right. He has turned into the Pitbull of R&B (if you want to call it that). If Usher did not carry the name and prestige due to his previous work, the majority of his latest work would barely chart. He is NOT growing as an artist.

I have only listened to 'Climax' and 'Scream', because I'm holding out for the rest of the album. I will always give Usher's music a listen, but only because at the drop of a hat, he could flip the switch and create a banger ...
Usher makes music for the masses and he always has; that is all I am saying...what was big in the 90's and early 2000's is not big now
the ONLY album that ever was different for Usher was Confessions; the rest of his work is what was popular in the moment.  Usher started something with RvR; he essentially releases two singles at the same time, one for the R&B stations and one for the mass pop stations; if you notice Chris Brown and Trey Songz have started to follow that trend as well so he is still leading the way in other ways. 

NTers complaining about his music bootleg the cd anyway

Why do you say Usher made music for the masses?? He made good music, whether it was popular or not. Also, no one would complain if Usher made very similar music. You are making an assumption. Hell, 'Burn' and 'U Got It Bad' are very, very similar. And great, Usher started doing something with RvR that was not the norm in R&B. What does that have to do with making good music??? Why do you bring up issues that do not relate to the actual music to defend Usher?

What does NTers bootlegging a CD have to do with good music and not? Just because someone buys or does not buy a CD dictates the validity of their opinion on music? You are off right now ...

It's OK... has a good vibe to it.

Pharrell said he produced a monster for Usher where he used the sound library that he got from Hans Zimmer. I wanted to hear that one. Knowing Usher, a track that sounds like that will be scrapped.

The entire album is up for preview on iTunes.  I Care For U produced by Danja is pretty cool. Twisted is nice too. Oh and I know NT folks probably wont feel this track... but Euphoria is going to be huge. Dat Swedish House Mafia.. bet it
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom