Usher - "Looking for Myself" 06/08/12

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

Besides Climax and Lessons for the Lover every other track sounds like a variant and worse version of "OMG". Had no expectations coming in.. still managed to be a bit disappointed somehow
This is the issue I have with this album.  Usher has pretty much moved on from R&B it seems and likes to do the Pop genre now.  I'm feelin the Show Me record tho 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

Besides Climax and Lessons for the Lover every other track sounds like a variant and worse version of "OMG". Had no expectations coming in.. still managed to be a bit disappointed somehow
This is the issue I have with this album.  Usher has pretty much moved on from R&B it seems and likes to do the Pop genre now.  I'm feelin the Show Me record tho 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
joint is a smash

Anyone else think the song that 40 did sound like Drake wrote it? The lyrics and hook sound like something he would sing.

He probably did write it - that's usually how they work. Anything 40 does that's non-Drake, if it's not a rap song, has likely been written by Aubrey.

See: Jamie Foxx "Fall For Your Type" for further reference; Drake melodies are never hard to spot.

Jun 20 2012 10:59 AM EDT  445
[h1]Usher TopsBillboardChart WithLooking 4 Myself[/h1][h2]Singer's seventh album give him his fourth #1 debut in a row.[/h2]
By Gil Kaufman

Usheris setting a fine example for his protÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]gÃ[emoji]169[/emoji],Justin Bieber. A week before the Biebs plans to storm the charts with his eagerly anticipatedBelieve
, Ush will debut in the #1 spot on theBillboard200 chart with his seventh album,Looking 4 Myself.

According to figures provided by Nielsen SoundScan, he sold 128,000 copies of the disc. The debut was the fourth #1 bow in a row for Usher, though it was significantly down from the 329,000 copies sold by his previous album, 2010'sRaymond V. Raymond.

The figures were not nearly what Bieber's expected to pull next week, but they were enough to hold back prog rock iconsRush, whoseClockwork Angelsclocked in at #2 on sales of 103,000. The other debuts in the top 10 came from country singerJosh Turner, who hit #4 withPunching Bag(45,000), British singer/songwriter sensationEd Sheeran's+(42,000) and hyped rapperWaka Flocka Flame'sTriple F Life: Friends, Fans & Family(33,000).

The rest of the top 10:Adele,21(#3, 63,000),One Direction,Up All Night(#6, 39,000),Neil Young & Crazy Horse,Americana(#7, 37,000),Alan Jackson,Thirty Miles West(#8, 37,000) and the "Rock of Ages" soundtrack (#9, 36,000).

Metricdebuted at #12 withSynthetica(27,000), while festival favesGrace Potter & The Nocturnalsjammed into the #17 slot with their latest,The Lion The Beast The Beat(24,000) and TV funnymanJimmy Fallonhit #25 with his all-star comedy effortBlow Your Pants Off(15,000).

Usher topped the iTunes album chart as well, followed by Sheeran, Rush, "Rock of Ages," rapperKid Ink's "Up & Away," One Direction, Waka, Adele,John Mayer'sBorn and RaisedandFun.'sSome Nights.

On the iTunes single chart,Carly Rae Jepsencontinued to top the list with "Call Me Maybe," withMaroon 5just behind with "Payphone," thenKaty Perry's "Wide Awake," Bieber's "As Long As You Love Me,"Gotye's "Somebody That I Used to Know" andPitbull's "Back in Time." Rounding out the list at #7 was Usher's "Scream,"Rihanna's "Where Have You Been,"One Direction's "What Makes You Beautiful" and Bieber's "Boyfriend." Bieber is expected to blow everyone out of the box next week withBelieve, which could score the biggest first frame of the year.

Other new releases include the latest fromFiona Apple
,Kenny Chesney,Smashing Pumpkins
 andWalk the Moon.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by YaBoyDiddy

Usher...he's a pop star...he's not ours no more. We gotta let him go.
laugh.gif
its so funny to hear people saying this...

i feel the same way but everyone is saying the exact same thing...like people are really sad to see him go to the other side
laugh.gif

for the people who are complaining usher only makes music for the kids. how old were you when 8701 dropped
roll.gif
times have changed deal with it

Dive- Bring on the hate.
Lemme see- Slaps
Climax- Great production.
I care for U- Interesting beat.
Lessons For The Lover- Pretty good, reminds me of a Miguel beat.
Sins of My Father- one of the more creative songs.
IFU- don't like the hook/sample but the beat is nice.
Say The Words- relaxed melody and lyrics, old school feeling to it to match the lyrics.
Show Me- it's a very fun-sounding song even though its lyrics are for between the sheets.

It's better than RvR but, I like "Here I Stand" a little bit more. This CD is slowly growing on me though, a lot of variety and very solid stand-alone songs.Edit: I felt like a lot of you when I sped through the album thinking it would sound cohesive like "Confessions" was, but, as I started to dissect each song, I started like the album as a montage of good singles as oppose to a strung-together masterpiece as a whole.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Originally Posted by YaBoyDiddy

Usher...he's a pop star...he's not ours no more. We gotta let him go.
laugh.gif
its so funny to hear people saying this...

i feel the same way but everyone is saying the exact same thing...like people are really sad to see him go to the other side
laugh.gif

I think this is a very very good album. I think "Looking 4 Myself" is better than "RvR" & "Here I Stand".

I think it's because I dig Usher's house/pop music records. Great album Usher, keep it up!

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

I think this is a very very good album. I think "Looking 4 Myself" is better than "RvR" & "Here I Stand".

I think it's because I dig Usher's house/pop music records. Great album Usher, keep it up!

Agreed.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JUSTBLAZE2k7

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Agreed.
pimp.gif
Daddy's Home & There Goes My Baby > *

The problem with this album is it has no cohesion, and there is no middle ground...the great tracks are outstanding, and the weak tracks are incredibly atrocious.  There is no in between.
It's a good thing that he caught a brick in his first week sales (by his standards) because the low album sales are gonna force him to just go back to what made him who he is.  

Lastly...despite the lackluster quality of some of the songs, Usher should be commended for once again coming back as an even better vocalist.  While these young cats are in the club throwing bottles instead of practicing their craft, Usher is clearly in the lab working on his vocal game, because he's managed to improve yet again.  And he's always been a great singer, so that's really saying something...

Just wanted to say that Climax is an amazing song that I cannot help but sing (atrociously) to
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom