USPS Delivery Confirmation says that they dropped off my package but it's not on my doorstep

It says that it was delivered at 12:37 pm today and I was home but I didn't hear a knock on the door or my doorbell ringing.I've already went ahead and filed a claim with a customer service rep so I guess now I just have to play the waiting game?Has anybody on here ever had something similar happen to them? If so let me know hat happened and how the situation was resolved. Thanks.

this.... i had a package that said it was delivered yesterday at my apt, and its not here
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

I had this problem a week ago. I researched online and most people say that it was most likely stolen if it that happens.

Fortunately they just dropped it off at the wrong hall and it got back to me 3 days after it said delivered.

Call USPS and ask to pull up the signature, you can see who signed for it and file a complaint.

i think the usps system has been acting up lately, a tracking # recently said it was delivered in march even though it had just been sent out like 2 weeks ago.

lol this happened to me before

package was delivered and signed for by a name i didnt know did some detective work

got my package back apparently they delivered it to a restraunt nearby idk how they mess up that badly but fortunately i got my package back

im sure if you dont get your package the claims speciailist will issue you some sort of insurance payment

ask your neighbors?

edit: i remember i read something a while ago about people stalking usps trucks. best believe the package was snatched with the quickness if it did not required a signature and was left at the doorstep.  best of luck OP

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

this.... i had a package that said it was delivered yesterday at my apt, and its not here
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

It's most likely at Front Desk at your apartment.  At least that's what happened to me when I got a package and didn't see it. 

About to go check with my neighbors to see if any of them accidentally got it. If not then I'm going tomorrow morning to USPS to put the cal on the delivery man
mad.gif
(

Happened to me years ago, pretty much got stolen. Luckily the package was insured so I got my money back.

Originally Posted by Cant Break The Unbreakable

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

It's most likely at Front Desk at your apartment.  At least that's what happened to me when I got a package and didn't see it. 
Ya when they deliver stuff it's usually dropped off at the front desk and they didn't have it there..... And my package is from Canada so I'm a little nervous

Originally Posted by ImStillMike

i hope you find it
op
Damn, this is making me nervous. I'm expecting a package too and it says it just got by customs in SF this morning at 8. I'm in the South Bay and it's still not here!
mad.gif

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Ya when they deliver stuff it's usually dropped off at the front desk and they didn't have it there..... And my package is from Canada so I'm a little nervous

nerd.gif
pimp.gif
?

Happened to me once when I ordered pot seeds internationally. I was shook.

Nothing ever came about it though.

Happened to me last month.  The carrier admitted to dropping the package off an address that wasn't mine.  Investigation pending...
I just bought the items at the store and chalked it up as a loss.
I'm not expecting them to cut me a check, but if they do I'll be very happy.

they usually place it somewhere that is not easily seen so it wont be stolen. if you have a basement check the steps, once they hid it behind 3 trash cans near my porch so no one would be able to see it

Originally Posted by FlipnKraut

nerd.gif
pimp.gif
?

You already know.... but if it was seized then it wouldn't have said it was delivered already right?
laugh.gif

nerd.gif
pimp.gif
?

laugh.gif
 was thinkin the same thing

nerd.gif
pimp.gif
?

You already know.... but if it was seized then it wouldn't have said it was delivered already right?
laugh.gif

They'll usually hold it at the post office and ask that you come and pick it up with ID.

Often times the tracking number says delivered but it really hasn't. Wait a couple of days to see if it shows up and then start worrying.

USPS is awesome, ive never had a problem but then again in live in the suburbs and have had the same mailman for 10+ years so i know he aint a crook.

They could have gotten the address mixed up. Look up similar addresses on google maps. I remember usps delivered my package to the wrong address,
 they delivered it to 12345 W ____ St. instead of 12345 E ____ St. Luckily they delivered it to a library and happily gave me my package after showing them my id. 

Back
Top Bottom