Verizon iPhone Launch Vol. Mass Hysteria

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

Originally Posted by Zyzz

thats 40 more people than have ever showed up for a droid launch so take that.

wrong.

Take into account that the Verizon iphone hype has been brewing for at least two years now. With all these "the time has finally come" spots att and Verizon has paid for on television they expected WAY MORE on launch day. Look at all those people working they expected it to be doorbusters out there
laugh.gif
dude, you do know half the country already owns the iphone so i dont get it what your saying.

wrong.

Take into account that the Verizon iphone hype has been brewing for at least two years now. With all these "the time has finally come" spots att and Verizon has paid for on television they expected WAY MORE on launch day. Look at all those people working they expected it to be doorbusters out there
laugh.gif
dude, you do know half the country already owns the iphone so i dont get it what your saying.
u right.

wrong.

laugh.gif
u right.

I not that serious when in 5 months the iphone 5 will be out. Plus the the HTC Thunderbolt is catching people attention as well.

I not that serious when in 5 months the iphone 5 will be out. Plus the the HTC Thunderbolt is catching people attention as well.

we had a great turnout in my store. i think it varies. we had a decent line, but it was steady busy thru the day. the pre orders ensured that there would not be huge lines etc. i expect it to be busy all weekend. people wanted this phone on verizon, the fact that i did 5x what i usually do on a thursday when people work says something. lookin forward to a huge weekend.

we had a great turnout in my store. i think it varies. we had a decent line, but it was steady busy thru the day. the pre orders ensured that there would not be huge lines etc. i expect it to be busy all weekend. people wanted this phone on verizon, the fact that i did 5x what i usually do on a thursday when people work says something. lookin forward to a huge weekend.

It's a phone thats been out for what, 8 months already? Plus I agree that ordering online >>>>>>>>>>> ordering in store

It's a phone thats been out for what, 8 months already? Plus I agree that ordering online >>>>>>>>>>> ordering in store

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

I know those Apple employees are PISSED...I used to work at a shoe store and there was one holiday (don't remember which exactly, but it wasn't a major one) where the manager put almost the entire staff on schedule anticipating a lot of customers..Everyone argued that it wasn't a big shopping day but he thought he knew what he was doing..Needless to say, the store opened and we had like 15 employees with 3 customers in the store...Plus, our hourly pay was low because we worked off commission so everyone was pissed..Hype kills
Thats what I'm thinking.
I used to work at Best Buy. I remember waiting for Black Friday and being at work at 3 AM then coming to find out only a handful of people came in. I was like... 
mad.gif

BTW, people are waiting, like they should, for the LTE Verizon iPhone. 

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

I know those Apple employees are PISSED...I used to work at a shoe store and there was one holiday (don't remember which exactly, but it wasn't a major one) where the manager put almost the entire staff on schedule anticipating a lot of customers..Everyone argued that it wasn't a big shopping day but he thought he knew what he was doing..Needless to say, the store opened and we had like 15 employees with 3 customers in the store...Plus, our hourly pay was low because we worked off commission so everyone was pissed..Hype kills
Thats what I'm thinking.
I used to work at Best Buy. I remember waiting for Black Friday and being at work at 3 AM then coming to find out only a handful of people came in. I was like... 
mad.gif

BTW, people are waiting, like they should, for the LTE Verizon iPhone. 

I work in the mall and the Verizon kiosk was consistently busy all day selling iPhones and there is an AT&T store a couple stores down from my store so their manager kept walking past to check on the kiosk the salty look on his face everytime was priceless

I work in the mall and the Verizon kiosk was consistently busy all day selling iPhones and there is an AT&T store a couple stores down from my store so their manager kept walking past to check on the kiosk the salty look on his face everytime was priceless

wrong.

laugh.gif
i was
roll.gif
at the ropes set up, for 2 people

wrong.

laugh.gif
i was
roll.gif
at the ropes set up, for 2 people

Can't wait for the Thunderbolt to come out. Maybe I'll make some money selling that.

Everyone is missing the point. Verizon + Apple expected a huge turn out, they didn't have one. Plain and simple. I've worked 3 or 4 launches at Apple, I know what a crowd is.

This is funny though.

Can't wait for the Thunderbolt to come out. Maybe I'll make some money selling that.

Everyone is missing the point. Verizon + Apple expected a huge turn out, they didn't have one. Plain and simple. I've worked 3 or 4 launches at Apple, I know what a crowd is.

This is funny though.

Originally Posted by SalviBoy7

This is funny though.

guess breaking pre order records means nothing

This is funny though.

This is funny though.

Drinking that kool-aid I see. Compare Verizon's first week numbers vs. ATT's summer iPhone 4 numbers. Equal and correct comparison.
Verizon held a special event for this announcement, had 2 super bowl commercials, ect. Def not the turn out they expected. I have friends that work in Apple Stores. Black out dates and all hands on deck. Meaning a huge amount of traffic was expected.

I switched from sprint bb and couldnt be happer love my first iphone, and whenever they release 5 i'll get that also and sell 4
for as personal smart phone users go, those who are out of contract will switch to verizon. 
no doubt about it when the 5 comes out verizon will sell more than att  
bottom line t mobile, sprint, att lost users to the #1 carrier and will continue to do so

what is the best slim light weight case?

Back
Top Bottom