***VIBRAM FIVEFINGERS*** Voted best invention of 2007 by Time Magazine - - - True or False?

So, anybody try these bad boys? It's easy to jump on things when they first get praises... but what's the verdict now?

Really?

indifferent.gif

i own the sprints and the mocs.
i dont even want to go into how many necks they break. kobes, jordans and lebrons cant even compare
when im at the gym doing legs: squats, calves, and lunges (oh man). it is legit.

I know some people that have them, and they swear by them.  Say they're the most comfortable things ever.  I've never tried a pair, but I bet your feet have to be exactly symmetrical or "normally" shaped.  If your second toe's longer than your first, it ain't gonna work
laugh.gif

I've always thought those were dope,but the only thing I wish they did differently was to have the Tabi Boot split toe.Still dope nonetheless.

Originally Posted by Food4Thgt

moz-screenshot.jpg
moz-screenshot-1.jpg
nike-free.jpg

So what the hell was the nike free runners for ??
Yea Nike is trying to hop on the bandwagon... I think they realize that all this "padding" and "cushioning" that they've been promoting over the years is actually bad for your joints when running. Slowly transitioning away from that. I'm sure someone else can chime in.
I admit the vibrams look kinda "silly" because we're not used to that, but I'm sure adults can handle it.

Originally Posted by retro23phan

i dont even want to go into how many necks they break. kobes, jordans and lebrons cant even compare
when im at the gym doing legs: squats, calves, and lunges (oh man). it is legit.
Need to buy a pair...But i've heard great reviews about them...its like Training barefoot, which is the best way...

Yeah, I just purchased the sprints 
happy.gif
. What the durability like? Have you had any problems develop with them in the time that you've had them?

besides worrying about people dropping weights on your foot, these are solid. then again if someone drops the weight on your foot, its going to hurt regardless of shoes or not.
i do admit its hard to put my foot in because my toes all like to bunch up together and my second toe is longer than my big toe.
but these have been the best investment i have had in a while. its great for balance. for example: doing squats on a half size ball. Calf though, i cant explain. it just feels that good.

there laughing at you. much like a dude with rings in his ear lobes the size of basketballs.. freak status
laugh.gif

but really, id need custom fit vibrams. i literally have no little toe on my right foot. that thing wouldnt even fit in its designated spot

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

there laughing at you. much like a dude with rings in his ear lobes the size of basketballs.. freak status
laugh.gif

but really, id need custom fit vibrams. i literally have no little toe on my right foot. that thing wouldnt even fit in its designated spot
you serious? i know of many girls that have that same problem. they also have no nail on that little toe.

No offense but this might not be a good sort of neck-breaking. I see a dude at the gym that wears it and I look at him more like "what the hell are those" than "wow those are cool." Not that I'm saying it's a bad look, but it just seems like more of an attention-seeking look than anything. I'd never wear them because I wouldn't want people constantly looking at my feet and asking me about them. 

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

No offense but this might not be a good sort of neck-breaking. I see a dude at the gym that wears it and I look at him more like "what the hell are those" than "wow those are cool." Not that I'm saying it's a bad look, but it just seems like more of an attention-seeking look than anything. I'd never wear them because I wouldn't want people constantly looking at my feet and asking me about them. 
Who cares what they're thinking... are we to the point where we live our lives to pacify others 
laugh.gif
?

They're probably calling you Flipper behind your back. 

it was voted ONE of the best inventions of 07.. not THE best invention.

how much do these go for? under 100?

Originally Posted by KICKINHEADZ1010

Originally Posted by Food4Thgt

moz-screenshot.jpg
moz-screenshot-1.jpg
nike-free.jpg

So what the hell was the nike free runners for ??
Yea Nike is trying to hop on the bandwagon... I think they realize that all this "padding" and "cushioning" that they've been promoting over the years is actually bad for your joints when running. Slowly transitioning away from that. I'm sure someone else can chime in.
I read an article about Nike Shox and how bad they are for runners because they throw off the alignment of the spine. I have several pairs, so of course, I was a little sad when I had to retire them to wear only when I am doing errands because they were causing me pain. I know when I ran with them, my doctor believes they did a number on my knees. Now I wear Saucony's, New Balance, or Asics, and I have yet to experience any joint pain.

Back
Top Bottom