Video Game Dudes: Did Yall Have A Neo-Geo Dude In Your Neighborhood?

Me and my crew had pretty much everything between all three of us.

Saturns

Sega CD

Turbografix 16 with the little chip games

However none of ever played or even saw a Neo Geo in person.

Yall remember when the 3DO and Atari Lynx would have displays you could play at Toys-R-Us?

I remember when they first had a Dreamcast there. IMO the Dreamcast is the most game changing system since the original NES.

Last edited:
There was kid named Shawn that always lied and would talk about the games he had.

I remember once me and my friends were talking about Sonic The Head Chog 2 and he tried to join the conversation. I started asking him questions about the game and he would answer them all with a "yes".

Then I asked him if he saved the princess at the end and when he said that he did I busted him out and said "THERE IS NO PRINCESS IN THE GAME YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE IT".

I feel bad about it now because he was very poor.

Naw, the rarest thing one of my boys had was a virtual boy and even back then I thought it was wack imo. I saw a few saturns too.

Last edited:
There was kid named Shawn that always lied and would talk about the games he had.

I remember once me and my friends were talking about Sonic The Head Chog 2 and he tried to join the conversation. I started asking him questions about the game and he would answer them all with a "yes".

Then I asked him if he saved the princess at the end and when he said that he did I busted him out and said "THERE IS NO PRINCESS IN THE GAME YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE IT".

View media item 922963

Last edited:

my dude just wanted to fit in |I

No!

I knew no one who had one. I remember being memorized reading gamepro and gamefan magazines simply in awe of the snk games.

I did get to play fatal fury 2 on neo geo though way back in the day when Incredible Universe was still open. They had two neo geos out that you could play on.

Still want a gold neo geo.

Didn't have a Neo Geo but I had a Neo Geo pocket. very underrated hand held system

Naw, that system is rated correctly. Joint is trash.
If it weren't for Dreamcast, there would be no NBA 2K.

That system was nice. Just pirated like hell.

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 wouldn't have been worthy on a home system if it weren't for Dreamcast either.

If it weren't for Dreamcast, there would be no NBA 2K.

That system was nice. Just pirated like hell.

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 wouldn't have been worthy on a home system if it weren't for Dreamcast either.
We talking about sega Saturn bruh. NOT dreamcast, and believe me, you're preaching to the choir

I hear saturn had a lot of sleepers. Especially if you like rpgs and side scrolling shooters.

Too bad it was difficult to program for.

Last edited:
I hear saturn had a lot of sleepers. Especially if you like rpgs and side scrolling shooters.

Too bad it was difficult to program for.
Saturn was a great system man. Just underappreciated. Knights was a ground-breaking game. And as I said, the Capcom vs. Fighters were all great on Saturn > PS1.

Lightweight off topic, but I recently dusted off and played with a Dreamcast. Played Marvel vs. Capcom...man that was a very underrated system.

Naw, that system is rated correctly. Joint is trash.
But this is who you quoted. 8)

3Do the only system that had Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo. For that reason alone, I wanted a 3Do

Last edited:

3Do the only system that had Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo. For that reason alone, I wanted a 3Do
Then I apologies. We were talking about the Saturn and I didn't see him slip in the dreamcast.

Dreamcast was great (for the year it was out :smh: )

Saturn was trash

View media item 922963

Head Chog :smh: :rofl: :rofl:

On a quasi-related note, ice cream truck just drove by playing the Tetris theme.
pimp.gif

Saturn was a great system man. Just underappreciated. Knights was a ground-breaking game. And as I said, the Capcom vs. Fighters were all great on Saturn > PS1.

Oh definitely. I didn't even bother with the PSX version of X-Men vs Street Fighter. You couldn't switch characters on the fly because the PSX didn't have enough ram. You could on the Saturn, I think you needed the ram cartridge add-on.

The 3DO also had an exclusive cd quality soundtrack for Turbo. Two downside though was the game had glitches, and the controller; it didn't have six buttons.

Last edited:
i had a neo geo pocket but i don't know what happened to that thing.. them neo geo consoles used run for the extra high on ncsx.

Man....Head Chog?!?

Busted out laughing...and I'm at work! :lol:

Co workers looking at me like I'm crazy. But HEAD CHOG tho?!?! :rofl:

how you forget kris kross make um jump!!! or that one game with dana plato....
I never knew Kriss Kross had a game or I just don't remember. Man thats crazy!  I looked up that dana plato. That looks ill. Man a lot of these games might work today.

Back
Top Bottom