Vince Carter is G.D.O.A.T.

Originally Posted by Burns1923

I still say MJ is #1 because no one was flying like him in the late 80s/early 90s.  But VC is #1a for sure.
Stop it. Just... just stop it.

Spoiler [+]
Stop it.

I firmly believe that there is not a single dunk that VC could not do (at least in his prime). VC's repertoire is just insane: one-footed, two-footed, one-handed, two-handed, 360s, "reverse-360"s, windmills, tomahawks, through the legs, alley-oops, windmill alley-oops, reverse alley-oops, off the backboard, from the free throw line, dunking on people, dunking OVER people, he could do it ALL. He may not be the MOST powerful dunker out there (though he is certainly no slouch in that department), but his finesse and body control in his dunks is incredible. (His first Dunk Contest Dunk -- the reverse-360 windmill -- is still one of the most beautiful dunks I've ever seen)

On top of that, he's not just a contest dunker, most of his body of work was done in game... only highlighted by one of the best Dunk Contest performances ever. The fact that he even CAN have a video showing 100 riveting dunks (not just pedestrian "whatever" dunks) is incredible.

Any other names mentioned in this thread (Kemp, MJ, Nique, etc.) had some great highlights and certainly are respected for their prowess, but hands down NONE of them can possibly match VC's versatility and overall dunking ability.

While Kemp is my favorite dunker I definitely put Vince as the best dunker though. Like dude above said he could throw down just about any dunk out there. His tomahawk and windmill too me are unmatched, he threw these down with so much ease. I def miss his first few years in the league. I would watch sportscenter just to see if he had a highlight reel dunk (he made some amazing non-dunks shots aswell).

Watching that video reminded me that nobody does 360's any more
frown.gif

Originally Posted by chrisk0

another great player that will leave the game with a million highlights and no rings.. has he even gotten deep into the playoffs? finals with the nets right?

But still ......VINCE CARTER>>>>>>>>>>>>>>chrisk0

another great player that will leave the game with a million highlights and no rings.. has he even gotten deep into the playoffs? finals with the nets right?

Damn, this was originally written almost a decade ago and this is the closest he's ever gotten to touching that trophy.

maxresdefault.jpg

thought it was announced he was going to compete in the dunk contest when I saw this.

Do you remember the buzz in the city during the time he was at his peak?

What was it like?

Jeez what a grave dig man.

It was crazy those times. He was THAT guy. Toronto's always been a hockey city, Leafs are HUGE here and in the late 90s/early 00s the Leafs had some good squads but VC was the biggest thing in the city.

He really put us on the map. 3yrs after we got a team, we landed this superstar that was jumping out the gym damn near every possession. As good as the Raps are these days, the years with VC were always special to me. Mad entertaining.

That playoff run where we lost to AI and Philly...maaaaan. wish Vince hit that shot :lol: :smh:

He built courts in Malvern and Dixon for the yutes. Pretty sure his foundation did a lot of other good stuff for the yutes up here too.

Greatest Raptor of all time, IDC what anyone says.

Also, BIG shout-out my guy Junk Yard Dog. Guy I went to school with seen JYD at Wrastlemania when it was here in 2000. (Figured you'd find that funny you jabroni).

He's a good dude too, does a lot of charity work. Man's still cashing in those Mr. Sub checks :lol:

What happened, didn’t he try to make his way onto the gsw roster last year to get a ring?

I have huge respect for Vince Carter.
He simply played his basketball.
Unlike some current NBA stars who bandwaggoned to the already most stacked team only to win chanpionships the most easy way.

I have huge respect for Vince Carter.
He simply played his basketball.
Unlike some current NBA stars who bandwaggoned to the already most stacked team only to win chanpionships the most easy way.
Why is one more.respectful than the other????

Back
Top Bottom