Vinyl Collecting thread Vol WAX

So hopefully this doesn't get moved to music, because eventhough is music related is more about the collection aspect of it, any of you guys into this? I'm huge into collecting and as of recently I've sparked an interest in Vinyl...I came accross a company that sells collectible limited vinyl sets, the art is INCREDIBLE but they sell out within minutes :x

This is their The Professional soundtrack joint...and that's not even the best I've seen

View media item 2264446
Im a collection junky, anything that can be a collectible I love....just gauging to see what other NTers are into this...also looking to cop this Crosley record player from UO

View media item 2264450

Its a hipster beer hes saying u a hipster lol.

Never woulda pegged u as a vintage vinyl guy.

Ordering on line is cool but alot of cats like the hunt aka "digging"

Do not get a record player from uo dog lol. Thats like getting a fixie from wal mart lol

I inherited a bunch of vinyl from my parents. don't really buy much in the way of new stuff though.  I don't really listen to them either, a few I have framed and hung in my office. my favorite is the first edition thriller I have
nthat.gif

Its a hipster beer hes saying u a hipster lol.

Never woulda pegged u as a vintage vinyl guy.

Ordering on line is cool but alot of cats like the hunt aka "digging"

Do not get a record player from uo dog lol. Thats like getting a fixie from wal mart lol

Lmaoooo I'm not here frontin like I'm some music connoisseur, I clearly said to me is more about the art, some of those are beautiful pieces....the record player is more as a decor piece with some functionality should I decide to actually pop the record open and play it for a bit....as I stated earlier, I'm just big into collecting things lol

I inherited a bunch of vinyl from my parents. don't really buy much in the way of new stuff though.  I don't really listen to them either, a few I have framed and hung in my office. my favorite is the first edition thriller I have :nthat:

That's dope :pimp:

Lmaoooo I'm not here frontin like I'm some music connoisseur, I clearly said to me is more about the art, some of those are beautiful pieces....the record player is more as a decor piece with some functionality should I decide to actually pop the record open and play it for a bit....as I stated earlier, I'm just big into collecting things lol

Ah i see.

A few of my personal gems:

any hip hop head should know "Apache":

View media item 2264517

and the album that I can trace my "underground hip hop roots" to never came out on vinyl but they did drop some singles. I completed the whole train this year.

View media item 2264518

I've ordered some stuff online, but as sckid20 up there said, there's just this thrill to going digging and finding gems.

Last edited:
i love to collect too.  the past few years ive been really into antique maps, and skateboard decks.

A few of my personal gems:

any hip hop head should know "Apache":

and the album that I can trace my "underground hip hop roots" to never came out on vinyl but they did drop some singles:

I've ordered some stuff online, but as sckid20 up there said, there's just this thrill to going digging and finding gems.
I think RTJ vinyl is the only new stuff ive bought in years.

that incredible bongo band record is dope, is it OG?  And, jesus I haven't seen that soundbombing II album in probably close to 15 years.

Last edited:
Never selling my vinyls. Still have them from Djing days...

Oh, and I still have acetate records too...
Dubplates from various reggae artist and live presses from soca bands...[emoji]9994[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji]

I just need a very creative way to store them rather than the garage and the garbage bags full of .45s... #DontJudgeMe

Last edited:
I bought turn tables out of the back pages of The Source back in like 97-98. The whole set with everything for like $250-$300. When I moved I found some old records and decided to keep some and sell some. Some of my old ones were damaged and I had to replace with the new issued ones. I ended up putting them in frames and on my wall. Bought some new ones too. I don't collect but it's fun to go digging. I seen some ill **** in this music shop in College Park. They had dumb CDs and vinyl. I remember buying them from Tower Records for like $5-$10 back then.

View media item 2264544View media item 2264545

View media item 2264666
Y'all not really bout this vinyl life bruh

Talmbout you enjoy collecting vinyl and had the audacity to post a record player from uo :smh:

You disgust me

Last edited:
Yea thats a nay on the UO record player.
Heard them joints were [emoji]128686[/emoji]

I have about 8. Steadily growing.

I have a couple i want to get framed

wouldn't say im a collector tho, older homie of mine was a dj and dabbled in the music industry so i have a couple joints i really liked, like steezy said im more into because of the art i dont actually listen to them

View media item 2264666
Y'all not really bout this vinyl life bruh

Talmbout you enjoy collecting vinyl and had the audacity to post a record player from uo :smh:

You disgust me

I never said I was or wanted to be a vinyl expert fam and I've never owned a record player and was really attracted to the aesthetic of that one since it's something I'll have up on a shelf...why don't you post some recommendations of another RP that has a nice aesthetic and quality.

I have a couple i want to get framed

wouldn't say im a collector tho, older homie of mine was a dj and dabbled in the music industry so i have a couple joints i really liked, like steezy said im more into because of the art i dont actually listen to them

Yeah that's pretty much where I'm at, I don't see myself actually listening to them, well maybe I will, but the reason im attracted to this is, is the art and work put into some of these vinyls.

I bought turn tables out of the back pages of The Source back in like 97-98. The whole set with everything for like $250-$300. When I moved I found some old records and decided to keep some and sell some. Some of my old ones were damaged and I had to replace with the new issued ones. I ended up putting them in frames and on my wall. Bought some new ones too. I don't collect but it's fun to go digging. I seen some ill **** in this music shop in College Park. They had dumb CDs and vinyl. I remember buying them from Tower Records for like $5-$10 back then.

View media item 2264544View media item 2264545

See this is great :pimp:

yea thats what i'd like to do in the future man cave

my wife aint going for that in none of the common rooms tho :rofl:

yea thats what i'd like to do in the future man cave

my wife aint going for that in none of the common rooms tho :rofl:

Yeah I'm collecting my crap and storing most of it in a closet, just looming till the day we buy a house and I set up my office or basement

ITS GONNA BE LIT

for now in the closet they gon:frown:

Collecting vinyl is dumb if you're not going to listen to the music.

The label the Numero Group put out the discography of one of the best bands ever, Unwound . The packaging on that is insane. The Twin Peaks soundtrack just got re-issued in coffee vinyl. Thee Oh Sees always put out cool looking vinyl on Castle Face Records, which is run by John Dwyer. The techno label Giegling's sub-label forum just put out the new Prince of Denmark record. It's cool to have I guess, but I don't get owning a vinyl record of something like ASAP Rock for "collecting,"

Back
Top Bottom