Vinyl Collecting thread Vol WAX

This is probably what you would be looking for, but some things to think about: this would have all the problems that a normal LP-60 would have - no counterweight, damages records over time, pretty cheap build, so on. I had an LP-60 for a short amount of time and it was ok for a lot of records but simply wouldn't play ones like 180g reissues, it would skip all over the place.

Also, another thing is that vinyl is inherently an analog format in comparison to the digital formats that are used today, and because of this it isn't really meant for something like Bluetooth. While convenient, you're not going to be getting great sound quality. Basically how vinyl works is that the stylus reads the left and right channels of the recording and outputs those through their respective speaker - which is why you're handcuffing yourself sound wise by using a single Bluetooth speaker. you get better sound by using set of better powered or passive speakers and separating them from each other.

Vinyl can sound great with a decent setup, but if your setup isn't there it's really not worth the expense and inconvenience and you'd be better off sticking to digital.

All that being said, an LP-60 isn't a bad way to catch the habit, I started on one of those and a set of smaller powered speakers and upgraded to the U-turn after I did some research and realized what I needed to do. I don't expect anyone to just decide to get into vinyl and immediately buy this stuff when there's simpler options like the LP-60 out there, just know that if you really catch the bug and decide you're going to be collecting vinyl seriously, you're going to want to upgrade to something better as soon as possible

Thanks, gentlemen. Like i said earlier i inherited almost all my records and havent listened to them since i was a kid living at home. Wouldnt mind listening to them now though, and i think using the bt speaker will help catch the habit as you said. If im enjoying that then i know its worthwhile to invest in some better components. Thanks for the feedback!

Lol damn steeze cant even breathe air without yall going in raw. I have a few vinyl pieces myself that im waiting to frame and hang on the wall once i get my own place, dont own or plan on getting a player. Solely just for art and appreciation for one of my fav artist.

Since you want to pop ****, did you not see where I said I had two turn tables and played my records? Around half of them I played. When I moved I didn't want to set all my **** up because it took too much space and I live in a townhouse so my **** ain't gonna be that loud anyways. So I sold some and kept some, hung them on my wall. Decided I wanted some new music up there. I don't consider myself a collector, it's decor because I love music more than anything else.

This one is dope

View media item 2265088

I always wanted to get some RIAA platinum or gold records for my house but the rap ones aren't cheap. Way overpriced.

Always wanted plaques in the crib...

That DMX album is tuff... definalety hve the OG and it was as artsy.

Hate when companies do that... give Dj's no option of records but since we were spinning them in weed filled dusty clubs, "wheeling" them up over and over I get it

Y'all not really bout this vinyl life bruh

Talmbout you enjoy collecting vinyl and had the audacity to post a record player from uo
mean.gif

You disgust me
roll.gif

A few of my personal gems:

any hip hop head should know "Apache":

View media item 2264517

and the album that I can trace my "underground hip hop roots" to never came out on vinyl but they did drop some singles. I completed the whole train this year.

View media item 2264518

I've ordered some stuff online, but as sckid20 up there said, there's just this thrill to going digging and finding gems.

Soundbombing 2 was the gateway that opened my virgin earbuds. Never knew that a vinyl LP was never pressed but I donstill own the cd, purchased from like circuit city when it first dropped

View media item 2265361
My collection is just starting out about 30-40 records deep. Here's a quick shot

View media item 2265365
Vinyls are an experience. I love the artwork, I love holding the disc, placing it on the platter, dropping the needle, hearing the dust and atmosphere of the track. I even like having to get up and flipping the record over.

ksteezy ksteezy you should def check out https://www.turntablelab.com
It's a great shop with vinyls, accessories and collectibles stuff. I think that's what you're looking for.

I agree. Youre right.

But i feel that ....being a vinyl guy....there is alot to be had by getting into this.

Sam cooke "bring it on home to me" on vinyl >>>>

Maybe its just the fanboy in me that makes me want u to see it as more than just "collecting"

Vinyl has a certain sound. Digital music is like artificial light illuminating a room...vinyl is like the sun coming thru the windows. Its warm.

So for somebody to see it as just "collecting" its kind of like "why"?

But....i dont speak for everyone. Just me

The art is cool. Who am i to judge what someone likes.

BUT....PLEASE dont buy a record player from urban outfitters
ALL OF THIS

I have a humble collection of 30 or so records. I only have two qualifications for purchases, excellence (subjective) and nostalgia.

Sam Cooke live is by far my favorite album. I also like the fact that you have to flip them, and can't switch tracks like digital presentations. You feel like you actually own the music. I'll edit with my set up later.

Last edited:
A lot of the people who have the largest collections and are most knowledgeable about the hobby have so much music that it would be almost impossible for them to listen to everything

Just saying
this is true i have been collecting since HS... about 10 years now and i have so many records there is no way i'm listening to it all.

and records end up taking a lot of space and a pain in the *** to move.

i end up digitizing the ones i like and puting them in a folder on my computer.  I do go back to those occasionally,

now the records that i cherish i keep out and will listen to those on my turntable. they are also a great party piece as people love to look through them and play the records themselves.

all the rest are in boxes in the attic that will never be seen again. 

edit. 80% of my collection comes from music from 60's to 80's.

don't do much modern stuff on vinyl unless i really love the album. 

Last edited:
Did y'all see they brought back cassette tapes? It's wild seeing new music on cassettes. Pretty much EVERY release comes out on vinyl now as well.

My homie got on of those old school vinyl /eight track cabinets with built in speakers.

Still works to this day. Vinyls are a fascinating to mess around with . I can see how some people get into diggin crates.

All of y'all collections are dope! Love the art feeling vinyls bring on top of the music

My collection is very small at the moment as I just started this summer. I plan on copping an audiotechnica as I want to learn how to **** around and scratch, in my room, for the love of music not to be a dj :lol:

View media item 2265693

Last edited:

i love to collect too.  the past few years ive been really into antique maps, and skateboard decks.
My dad actually collects skateboard decks now. whenever i visit home he always has a few new ones he ordered from online 

He hasn't even hung any of them up, just keeps them in his closet 
laugh.gif

he likes supreme/sean cliver/and the older 90s graphics whether vintage or reissues of older designs. He has a few older 80s shapes too.

Last time he laid them out on the floor he had around prob 60 decks. He has more now though 

maybe I'm just too young but vinyl doesn't interest me at all, not even one bit 

that storage unit is cool though 

Last edited:
I'll have to post some of my collection when I get home. I think I have a pretty decent collection.

Back
Top Bottom