Vinyl Collecting thread Vol WAX

9A4EF93A-60FC-4C62-93F2-B2C6C795D95A.jpeg

I pretty much get new records in every week at this point. But these are the latest.

Y’all on discogs?

Discogs has taken too much money out my wallet :lol:

I miss spending half a day in the record store :smh: I need to get new storage i got a few milk crates full but i need to get something that looks nicer. i was thinking about getting some of those wall mount shelves

Morning all... you’ll got me looking thru my records and figured I’ll just put up some gems in my own option!

reggae producing team “Ward 21” put out this album in 2001!!! It was groundbreaking. Not only were they putting the greatest dancehall songs at the time but they started dropping their own joints.. and they were ROCKING!!

and on top of that it was a double album!! Unheard of in dancehall.

Genius set of cats.

FC6241B6-9400-4B5D-87D8-850CA49E38A7.jpeg
431BDF78-71DE-4E69-A4A6-57FDAD04920A.jpeg

Sealed, as in don't ever open it?

Some great stuff in here :pimp:

I'm gonna need to take some pics this week

Yeah, as in never opening it from the wrapping for investment purposes
still good to open it & check for defects IMO. would be bad to have your decades old OOP record that's worth way moar than what you paid be unplayable. also I Don't necessarily trust "never opened", any1 can get plastic & seal an LP. just 1 of many reasons that detailed feedback about sellers/merchants is very important. that said many ppl who buy it from you may not care & are also just looking to sell.

Yea, even if you have a record that's appreciated in value over the years, it's still good to give it a few listens to see if it's a quality pressing. If you sell it as a M condition and there's some sort of issue, people will press you and want that refund :lol: . No different than every old jazz record from the 60's being described as VG+, when the record has crackles and pops.

Just casually looking through my collection, some of the albums I have that have appreciated in value are Paak's 'Malibu', Daniel Caesar's 'Fruedian' and Jill Scott's 'Who is Jill Scott'

Been Trying To Find This At A Reasonable Price For The Last Few Months, No Dice Going To Have To Take An L And Spend A Pretty Penny.

I got it from a local place here in Atlanta. Had to pay a couple more than retail but I knew if I hesitated, I’d have to pay $100 or more for a copy.

What are some of y’all’s grails? I’d love to have a copy of Curren$y’s Covert Coup and Fetti. Henry Franklin’s the Skipper and the Skipper at Home on the black jazz label. Alice Coltrane’s Ptah, The El Daoud. Just to name a few

I got it from a local place here in Atlanta. Had to pay a couple more than retail but I knew if I hesitated, I’d have to pay $100 or more for a copy.

What are some of y’all’s grails? I’d love to have a copy of Curren$y’s Covert Coup and Fetti. Henry Franklin’s the Skipper and the Skipper at Home on the black jazz label. Alice Coltrane’s Ptah, The El Daoud. Just to name a few

At this point, I'd LOVE to find a Beatles Let It Be...Naked for less than $200 lol.

Yeah, as in never opening it from the wrapping for investment purposes
I've got several still sealed, from the 70s and 80s. Kind of for collecting purposes and display.

My favorite of mine is probably an unsealed NIN The Fragile from 1999. There aren't many of those in the world..

Not A Grail But I'd Wish I Could Get My Hands On Alex Isley & Jack Dine's - Wilton EP.

They Only Released Like 500 Copies Tho
:ohwell:

That And A Copy Of Sade's Love Deluxe And It Not Cost A Car Note.

Glad that I came across this thread because I’ve recently started picking up vinyl again. I have a modest collection that I acquired mostly in the 90’s (all Hip-Hop). A couple of months back I picked up Digable Planets Reachin’, crazy how pricing on LP’s have doubled since my days of my buying at Fat Beats.

Last edited:
Record Store Day 2021 list is out:

I was late so I copped the green Plugs II. Might give it a spin tonight. Wish I could find someone to trade with for the red vinyl.:nerd:

I always had a collection of classic albums that was pased down from my grandmother, but I’ve been getting the urge to buy some this I don’t already own that are special to me lately.

Back
Top Bottom