Vinyl Collection Thread... vol. crate diggers welcome

That Babe Ruth LP is off the hook.

I think the joint is called "The Mexican"?... BONKERS!

I found it,but didn't buy it... *hopes that it's still at the spot*

Crusaders LP is funky too,but I sleep on it because I see it ALL the time.

Yeah psk... Bob James "One" ("Two" as well) and the "Super Fly" OST are MUST haves for record/beat diggers.

laugh.gif
There's just no way around it.

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

Originally Posted by True Blues

This thread inspired me to finally take an inventory of my vinyl.

Here's the setup:

is that the Ikea expedit shelf from a few pages back???
Yeah, it is.

My 1200 and two-channel mixer fit nicely on top of it, and I can keep my records in the shelf below.

A couple of my dad's vinyls I dusted off. Surprised at the good shape the actual

records are in since they haven't been played in decades. I'm gonna try to get a bunch

of the others I saw. Just made me realize how much crap is in that garage
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

67e26ad67fb7fabc6c037cd9e40eb36ac8949be1_r.jpg

Peace diggers/collectors.

GOTTA bump this one time.

I'ma set it off with a few new joints... and some commentary
laugh.gif

(If you're thinking to yourself "I don't know who they are"...
laugh.gif
maybe you don't... BUT... you sure as hell KNOW the song)

("Don't Change Your Love"... DRUMS!)

(One of LL's illest joints came from this LP)

("California Soul")

("Hard Times")

Some other LP's and 45's in the collection...

(If you do beats and you don't know these 2 breaks...)

(Pete chopped it... Kanye used what Pete chopped...)

("TELL YA CREW TO BE EASY!" It's dope because "Stay Away From Me" is on both sides. It's a promo copy and sometimes promos were pressed up that way.)

(The Godfather and Bobby Byrd (RIP to both) got BUSY on this cut!)

("It takes twoooo to make a thang go riiiiiiiiight... It takes twooooo to make it outta siiiiight")

(The LP itself is rare as hell (I posted it a few pages back),but the 45 for this particular cut might be even MORE scarce. This record is HIGHLY sought after because of it's use on Jaylib's "Champion Sound" ("The Official"). Dope song by itself though.)

(Mandrill is ridiculous!)

(I know it's "blasphemous",but I prefer The Sylvers (EARLY Sylvers before they went away from the funk) over The Jackson 5... but not by much.)

(An odd yet dope record that has been flipped a lot. That vocal sample that you hear in joints from the 90's that goes "Oooooowooooowwoooooowwooooow" is on here. The cut is called "Psychadelic Shack". Funky #%$#.)

("Pete Rock bang ya head break the drumsticks")

("Seperate the weak from the obso... lete hard to creep in Brooklyn streets")

(If you've been digging and came across this record... and passed up on it because the cover looked too plain or something like that... don't do that anymore.)

(Lee Morgan had flava)

Wow Ruxx. You throwing up some scorching heat son son!!!! The "f"ing Mohawks?!>!! Wow. Throwing up this vid because it reminds me of digging on weekends at the local spots...

laugh.gif
Thanks p.

laugh.gif
You see how beat up that Mohawks joint is?

It plays nice though (some surface noise and pops,but nothing crazy).

That's a record worth getting twice (a little pricey but I don't even care
laugh.gif
).

pimp.gif
I love the fact that you KNOW what's up with that joint.

It's hard to believe The Mohawks was started by some British dude. That jawn was so funky, it sounds like some dudes from New Awlins (like the Meters or something) should've made the song.

That's some real heat that you shared. If you like jazz (I see the Lee Morgan), you should check out the Jazz thread & contribute.

Yeah... when I found out that was some across the pond funk... it left me scratching my head.

I LOVE Jazz man. I felt like you had that thread covered though
laugh.gif

werent alan hawkshaw and one of hte other premier library guys in the mohawks?
i done took pics (horrible ones) and emailed em all to myself but forgot that i did, so maybe later ill post some stuff up lol

Yeah Alan was in the group.

Hit us off with some pics Tommy/everyone else.

I wish mods would sticky this.

with the theme of talking about alan, heres some libraries i pulled from one crate

ejwot4.jpg

generation was the first lib i saw in person and copped, props to whatever shop it was in montreal that had it filed under "bizarro"
laugh.gif
 also,the fragrance sleeve is super textured, kinda weird

9rjbk1.jpg

another couple brutons, for the record BRL series blows in my experience, but BRJ and BRM ftw big time
pimp.gif
 world around us is textured just like the fragrance joint

34xhoaw.jpg

some goofy moog record, an april orchestra (why do most of them suck?) and one of the most generic dewolfe covers ever

16hs2v4.jpg

couple more generic libs, i have a bunch of chapell 45s too, dont remmeber where i got them from lol. all pretty average, chappell was a pretty annoying label to dig thru

1zyzibk.jpg

andddd finally the granddaddy of all boring library covers, KPM (altho it is a cover format which you cannot deny lol) and some tanners that i grabbed up off ebay a couple months ago. love that series, but annoying to find and theres liek 6 tracks on each 
indifferent.gif

while the bigger labels have all been run thru, specially kpm and bruton, i can still find things every once in a while that people looked over or were too lazy to flip (seems like every just likes library loops when theyre in reality a choppers goldmine half the time with the incidentals, drops and jingles). looking to aquire more colorsound and atmosphere joints, the few i haev of those are great, omnimusic too

ill post up the israeli stuff later
devil.gif

pimp.gif
Good stuff man.

I've found a Bruton lib record,but for whatever reason I passed on it.

Still got a few more Nick Ingman joints to get (*waits for a hit on ebay*).

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

Originally Posted by psk2310

Yeah. When I found my copy of S.O.U.L I damn near lost it. I NEEEEEEEEEVEEEEEEEEEER thought i'd find that record and there it was. The only person that was in there was the store owner and he knew how ill of a find that was and the price was BEYOND right for that joint. He even gave me a discount on it.
You had your self a damn near perfect day...
happy.gif

Damn straight...

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

while we're talkin' about vinyl, what type of turntables are ya'll using??? Tehnics 1200s are kinda out of my budget nowadays

I just started recently, so my system is a stock Audio-Technica AT-LP-120 Direct Drive turntable. The damn thing is built to look EXACTLY like a knockoff technics 1200. Ran me about 220 shipped. Works pretty well for me so far at least.

Anyway, was able to do a little shopping over the weekend and picked up a couple of things. Nothing too crazy, but some stuff i was pretty happy to find nonetheless:

426125_10100424150236567_2021128570_n.jpg

From needle to the Groove records in Fremont, CA. (Shouts to NinerFaithful for the recommendation). Kool G Rap & DJ Polo - Wanted Dead or Alive, BDP - Criminal Minded, Jeru The Damaja - The Sun Rises in the East, Ghostface Killah - Ironman, Big L - Put it On 12" single, Big Daddy Kane - It's a Big Daddy Thing

396914_10100424150176687_349155888_n.jpg

From Amoeba Records in Berkeley, CA: Apollo Brown & OC - Trophies, Kool G Rap & DJ Polo - Live & Let Die, Reks - Straight No Chaser, Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, El-P Cancer 4 Cure, Oh No - Ohnomite

pimp.gif
Good $*!* Amo.

I heard that "Trophies" LP is SERIOUS.
Thank you sir
pimp.gif
, i'd love to get my collection to the  level of yours and the other vet's on here someday, but i know that's gonna take more time and money than i want to think about right now.
laugh.gif

And that Trophies LP IS serious. Might just be me, but there have been some STRONG releases in the first half of this year, and Trophies is one of the best 3 or 4, imo.

Oh No's "Ohnomite" might be my favorite of this haul though. Nothin but samples from the Dolemite Soundtrack and Rudy Ray Moore catalog, this record is insane.  I just can't stop playing it.

What's good NT? I posted this before the change to the new NT, but it looks like it got lost so I'm posting again. I always wondered what Questlove's collection looks like & I came across this vid sometime last week.

Back
Top Bottom