• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
verizon 4G LTE sim card is just like GSM card now. I was playing with my cousins Note 2. i took my LTE Sim from my GS3 and plug right it and it works.

It even works with iphone 5, might need a nano sim adapter but it works.

[h1]AT&T buys Alltel for $780 million, gains spectrum and 585,000 customers[/h1]

By Andrew Martonik   | Jan 22 2013 | 9:45 pm  | 16 COMMENTS

att-onex-logo.jpg

AT&T  has announced today that it will completely acquire the Alltel brand  and assets from Atlantic Tele-Network, Inc. for $780 million in cash. This purchase encompasses all of the Alltel assets, from spectrum, network licenses and wireless properties to retail store locations and about 585,000 subscribers. That's a good number of customers that will come under the AT&T umbrella, but what's likely more valuable is the spectrum holdings that AT&T will gain.

Alltel currently operates mostly in rural areas of Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, North Carolina, Ohio and South Carolina -- covering about 4.6 million people. Spectrum gains in these areas are in the 700, 850 and 1900MHz bands, which compliments AT&T's network deployment nicely. It's a cheap, all cash acquisition that will help AT&T continue its LTE rollout  into the future.

Source: AT&T

I love my One X, it will be a year in May. My girl has the One X+, I'm jelly, BUT it's time for something new. I'm gonna upgrade in the next 3 months.

LMAO at that article it just shows you that these idiots don't live in the real world , I live in the South Bronx which is obviously a low income area of New York City and everywhere you turn some teenybopper or adult owns a iphone 5's and 4s' I see them way more than I do cheap android handsets. Cellular phones aren't expensive anymore and as niche as they used to be with the influx of mostly every high end phone priced at the same "$200 on a 2 year contract" price point. Their is no difference between someone owning an iphone or a GS3 just a matter of preference. Talking about the Williams sisters and Sam Jackson being wealthy blacks in iphone commercials 
laugh.gif
 Have they not seen the massive Galaxy Note II campain with Lebron ? Gizmodo needs to get a grip

Last edited:
Poor People are more likely to buy cheap phones because of free or $20 price depending on their age. Older People will do that for android because they have no value of phones, they just WANT a smartphone.

No people ages 1-28 are different. They will save up for the Iphone if that's what they want, thought they will turn down a Iphone 5 for a 4S to save $100. Its more about the fashion of having a Iphone(Apple Product) then actually owning the phone.

Poor People are more likely to buy cheap phones because of free or $20 price depending on their age. Older People will do that for android because they have no value of phones, they just WANT a smartphone.

No people ages 1-28 are different. They will save up for the Iphone if that's what they want, thought they will turn down a Iphone 5 for a 4S to save $100. Its more about the fashion of having a Iphone(Apple Product) then actually owning the phone.
i respectfully disagree w/ this...

1. iphone 4 is .99... i sell more of those to old people than anything.

2. iphones are a lot easier to pick up and go w/... old people lubb dat.

3. most are hesitant to cop a smart phone... they're usually convinced by their kids/grandkids. the kids and grandkids are mostly iphone users and, in turn, suggest iphones for their old *** grannie.

Last edited:
Mann please. There's ratchet chicks that have iPhone4/4s that swear they "moved up".

Androids are for everybody, but the "broke black people" 'stereotype' is kinda true(Prepaid Tracfone and OG Evos...etc..). If they wanna get on the android train, let em cook.

I always wondered that myself. I read that they're finally integrating Voice into Contacts, so it's a start...
I would almost guarantee that Google integrates its messaging services into a Google Messenger in the near future. They acquired Meebo, which is a cross platform chat client, and they've acknowledged the redundancy.

Went online. It's not showing the n4 as available when I try and upgrade but it is there when I log off and sign up as a new customer.

Then tmobile wants to know why churn is so high and people play musical chairs with their cellular providers. You are punished for loyalty.
End rant.

Went online. It's not showing the n4 as available when I try and upgrade but it is there when I log off and sign up as a new customer.

Then tmobile wants to know why churn is so high and people play musical chairs with their cellular providers. You are punished for loyalty.
End rant.

You should call the Loyalty department and see what's up.

i respectfully disagree w/ this...

1. iphone 4 is .99... i sell more of those to old people than anything.

2. iphones are a lot easier to pick up and go w/... old people lubb dat.

3. most are hesitant to cop a smart phone... they're usually convinced by their kids/grandkids. the kids and grandkids are mostly iphone users and, in turn, suggest iphones for their old *** grannie.
my job has no iPhone 4. We only have 4s and the 5.

They always hesitant with phones that's a give. When I explain to them the benefits they either stay basic or crack and cop that smartphone.

To IOS vs Android is a while nother argument. I say android is easier

Anyone know why I can't receive any Instagram notifications on my Note 2?

I always have to open up the app to see what news I have in the activity feed. 

I tried using lightflow paid version but it didn't work for instagram or facebook notifications. I enabled notifications through the application settings and in the instagram settings. 

my job has no iPhone 4. We only have 4s and the 5.

They always hesitant with phones that's a give. When I explain to them the benefits they either stay basic or crack and cop that smartphone.

To IOS vs Android is a while nother argument. I say android is easier
true, but you KNOW both systems...

most folks dont know both systems...

also, you work for att? verizon?

Anyone know why I can't receive any Instagram notifications on my Note 2?
I always have to open up the app to see what news I have in the activity feed. 

I tried using lightflow paid version but it didn't work for instagram or facebook notifications. I enabled notifications through the application settings and in the instagram settings. 

do u receive notificiation for otehr apps
?

do u receive notificiation for otehr apps
?
I do for emails, gosms, and some other games that tell me "You're fully charged to play" or along those lines. It's just these two that don't like to show notifications. I ended up downloading a third party facebook app that pops up a notification for facebook. I just need one for instagram now. 

Back
Top Bottom