• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So I bricked my phone. I think it was because I was flashing a new ROM. I have Spring btw. Bought it last April. Am I out of luck or will they replace it? 
nerd.gif

So I bricked my phone. I think it was because I was flashing a new ROM. I have Spring btw. Bought it last April. Am I out of luck or will they replace it? 
nerd.gif

it's damn near impossible to brick a phone, probably a soft brick. were you trying to install a jellybean rom with a ics kernal?

true, but you KNOW both systems...

most folks dont know both systems...

also, you work for att? verizon?
I know 2 systems and trying to get Windows 8 down. I work at Target, college job and we sell all but T-Mobile. We will though later maybe.

Last edited:
Guys I need some help......

I think I bricked my phone, its a Galaxy S3. I was flashing the new CM10.1 Nightly build and I beleive I flashed the wrong Gapps.

Now my phone Boots up but i keep getting a messsage that says " unfotunately Setup wizard has stopped" with a OK option but when I select OK it just keeps popping up.... It will not allow my phone to completely boot up.

I always do a backup and a SDcard backup before a flash a new Rom, but when I go to do a restore it does not find any restore selections and it wont mount the sdcard either.....

What are my options to get my phone working again?

I think I bricked my phone, its a Galaxy S3. I was flashing the new CM10.1 Nightly build and I beleive I flashed the wrong Gapps.

Now my phone Boots up but i keep getting a messsage that says " unfotunately Setup wizard has stopped" with a OK option but when I select OK it just keeps popping up.... It will not allow my phone to completely boot up.

I always do a backup and a SDcard backup before a flash a new Rom, but when I go to do a restore it does not find any restore selections and it wont mount the sdcard either.....

Try booting into recovery, clear all cache and whatnot then flash the rom with correct gapps this time.

I don't think you're phone is bricked

Try booting into recovery, clear all cache and whatnot then flash the rom with correct gapps this time.

I don't think you're phone is bricked

Thanks for the response....

Im able to boot into Recovery, only problem is that when I clear cache and restore factory setting I go to the install zip option, there is nothing there as if its not reading the phone or sd card files....

Im sure it can be fixed by flashing Odin and back to stock.... But im at work and wont be home for another 2hrs.... oh well i guess ill just suck it up and have no phone while at work.

4.2 creates a new partition and wipes all of your internal storage it happened to me and deleted all of my daughters pictures since birth **** still has me tight

I guess u can just odin it like you said

Yea im just going to Flash Odin and hope that once im up and running again ill be able to go back and restore from my SDcard.... I would always backup and also backup to SDcard in case something like this happened. I just hope that my files are still there on the external memory.

Thank for all the responses guys.... You all been repped!

Last edited:
What do you guys use for Twitter. I bought Plume, Tweetings, and Falcon Pro. I'm testing out which one I like more now. 

Anyone know another third party program for Instagram that would help display notifications?? When I receive comments, likes, or follows, I don't have any push notifications to notify that work. I have lightflow for other notifications but it's not working for instagram 
tired.gif

I downloaded Home2 though, for those that want to get rid of S-Voice and have Google Now as the double home clicked. Just added it to my Note 2 and i'm loving it more than S-Voice.

so i decided to climb out under the rock i was living for the last 6 years and i bought my very first smartphone
i got the Samsung s3
i know, i know... i'm late :smh:
but now i'm with the rest of the 99% now and i would like you guys to catch me up :D
i have questions certain kinds of apps
1. is there an app that lets me (remotely) control my camera phone from my pc? (incase someone steals it :smh: i can just go on my pc and record/take pics of where its at?)
2. can i have a gif playing instead of a pic when someone calls me?... if so what's the apps name?
3. tell me some cool apps to have?
again... this is my FIRST smartphone i've had... so go easy on me. :\

also anyone know of any good coop games?
ALSO... is there an app for viewing comics?
again... thank you.

Last edited:
Finally got my phone working again.... for some reason I couldnt restore from my previous backups, it read my backups from my sdcard but for some reason it would still restore a clean install of my old roms instead of restoring what I had... oh well

Now for another issue im having, for some reason my phone keeps giving me a notification on my status bar that my sd card has been removed? or sometimes it will say preparing sd card....
I have taken the sdcard out, restored phone, did a soft and hard reset and it is still doing this.... My girls phone was doing this a few weeks back also, I simply did a factory restoe and it fixed the problem.... her phone was not romed or rooted.

My phone has done this with 3 different roms and also on stock..... Is it possible that maybe the sdcard is damaged? or maybe the phone itself?

I have a 32gb San Disk Ultra class 10 sdcard that i purchaed at best buy on black friday?

any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom