• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wonder if the HTC One delay is to make sure they ship with the 4.2 Android update.
i personally have always wondered why companies dont take the gap between announcing a phone and its release day to add extra features. if i worked for htc, the phone was announced weeks ago. theres ALOT of feedback. id see people were mad about the non-replaceable battery, and no sd slot, and no 4.2. 2 of those are EASY to fix! id take this downtime since we're delaying the release anyways and SURPRISE! 4.2! AND A SD SLOT! we've now gone from "well the one was almost perfect but.." to "youre an idiot if you dont get this phone."

If you were worried about the HTC One's battery, there you go:
-Phonearena

I posted some early tests of the ones battery life and it scored well. Everyone in here was still complaining of its battery life. Glad to see more in-depth tests show that its still scoring well.

just got the HTC Evo LTE back on release date around May i believe. I really want to get this HTC One, wish there was a cheap way to switch over haha. looks like im just stuck with this LTE and its AWFUL battery life

I wonder if the HTC One delay is to make sure they ship with the 4.2 Android update.
that would be ideal, but, that's not the case. it released in the uk yesterday and if they used a regular camera instead of some new tech we would've had it here in the states already. ultrapixel seems pretty cool though...just don't know if its going to be worth the wait.

this release is reminds me a lot of the nexus 4's

I posted some early tests of the ones battery life and it scored well. Everyone in here was still complaining of its battery life. Glad to see more in-depth tests show that its still scoring well.

This proves that we have to try it out before we judge. Small battery no longer equates to a shorter battery life.

Should I cop the HTC One off contract for Sprint ($550) ? Or just take my talents to T-Mobile and cop it for $99 and a new prepaid agreement . Still trying to get help on the force roam so I could get booted off in time .

Should I cop the HTC One off contract for Sprint ($550) ? Or just take my talents to T-Mobile and cop it for $99 and a new prepaid agreement . Still trying to get help on the force roam so I could get booted off in time .

cop it for 550 and take it to tmobile dont buy into that monthly payment crap

i personally have always wondered why companies dont take the gap between announcing a phone and its release day to add extra features. if i worked for htc, the phone was announced weeks ago. theres ALOT of feedback. id see people were mad about the non-replaceable battery, and no sd slot, and no 4.2. 2 of those are EASY to fix! id take this downtime since we're delaying the release anyways and SURPRISE! 4.2! AND A SD SLOT! we've now gone from "well the one was almost perfect but.." to "youre an idiot if you dont get this phone."

you act like it's that simple to add on to the hardware to a phone. like "oh, let's just make this unibody phone and cut it open to add an SD slot and a replaceable battery. "
then they'd have to re-test it, go through the FCC again, and probably take another year to come out. Software should be no problem since it can be OTA'd, it just takes a while since it has to go through the carrier and whatever bloatware they want to add to that OS.

the only problem I'd see with the one is that I've had problems with HTC batteries since the G1. the battery always ends up overheating and becoming distorted so I hope that's not a problem with the one over a long period of time.

For real, I thought that was pretty funny/naive too. Oh just put an SD card slot onto phones that have already been manufactured.

Pacmagic2002-- I just filed a claim with them today and they covered my note two and I bought from a friend of mine it showed up as my phone on my vzw account filled out the paperwork they emailed me uploaded it and I was approved with in a hour or two.. His being said you should be all good unless they told you that I don't think you need to show them nothing
Yup. I wrote on the faxed info that i bought it at best buy and didnt have the receipt and all that. i spoke to someone on the phone and she approved it for me..........will be here tomorrow.

whew!!!!!

Yup. I wrote on the faxed info that i bought it at best buy and didnt have the receipt and all that. i spoke to someone on the phone and she approved it for me..........will be here tomorrow.

whew!!!!!

good thing it worked out for you. what was your deductible if you don't mind me asking

cop it for 550 and take it to tmobile dont buy into that monthly payment crap
depends on your prepaid needs...$30 prepaid plan saves a lot of money if you mainly use your phone for texting ad data

so in the long run it would be better to buy it off contract

the new t-mobile plans aren't that great imo...to me it is essentially subsidizing your phone by paying an extra fee monthly

For real, I thought that was pretty funny/naive too. Oh just put an SD card slot onto phones that have already been manufactured.
you act like it's that simple to add on to the hardware to a phone. like "oh, let's just make this unibody phone and cut it open to add an SD slot and a replaceable battery. "
then they'd have to re-test it, go through the FCC again, and probably take another year to come out. Software should be no problem since it can be OTA'd, it just takes a while since it has to go through the carrier and whatever bloatware they want to add to that OS.

the only problem I'd see with the one is that I've had problems with HTC batteries since the G1. the battery always ends up overheating and becoming distorted so I hope that's not a problem with the one over a long period of time.
when a company spends MILLIONS on research and development...when the rumored specs come out and theres an overwhelming outpour of "what...the...**** do u mean theres no replaceable battery? AND no sd card slot?" are u implying a company should say...nope, screw that, full steam ahead our product is good enough? no htc shouldnt say "Oh just put an SD card slot onto phones that have already been manufactured." htc SHOULDVE said "i think its pretty obvious we should fit an sd slot somewhere on here before we release this flagship phone thats supposed to compete with the iphone and galaxy s4." do u disagree? smh

htc doesnt care.
they should have learned from the one x but they said screw it and decided to do the same ******** with the one.
htc is htc man, they wouldnt learn until they're bankrup.

the xperia zl is available for preorder right now, shipping to start on 04/08. $759 price tag though 
sick.gif

http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/st...52921666540742&SR=tab:store:main:Xperia_ZL:ss

wonder what they are waiting on to make the Z available in the US

the xperia zl is available for preorder right now, shipping to start on 04/08. $759 price tag though 
sick.gif

http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/st...52921666540742&SR=tab:store:main:Xperia_ZL:ss

wonder what they are waiting on to make the Z available in the US
Won't be surprised if its the fact that carriers don't want to sell it and are trying to low ball Sony on the price to buy em from them in bulk.
makes sense. note 2 off contract is $729 and with the zl already being $30 more without the extra tech the Z holds, its probably going to be in the $820-$850 range.

sick.gif
 since when are cell phones worth at much as 55" tvs though?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom