• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I never liked how there was a lag in my phone reading the memory card whenever I started it up and disconnected it from the computer. There's also the possibility of your phone not being able to read the memory card anymore. I'm good with internal memory.

I have changed my mind on how useful removable batteries are. Batteries in all electronic devices are crap. They seem to degrade really fast and being able to replace it with a fresh one would be nice.

Co-sign. I refuse to buy a device without a removeable battery. Only exception being the LG Nexus because it was so cheap off contract.

My life with owning cell phones thus far:

Motorola > Nokia > HTC > Samsung > LG

I hope Sony is still around 2 years from now so I can complete the full circle. The Z is dope, but it looks like Sony will never catch up to anywhere near the sales Samsung and HTC are :smh:

To people that don't care about removable batteries, do you root/ROM?

I do, and I've had my phone randomly freeze to a halt that I've only been able to find a quick solution to by doing a battery pull. Seeing as I'll never NOT root/ROM, I'll always be pro-replaceable batteries.

To people that don't care about removable batteries, do you root/ROM?

I do, and I've had my phone randomly freeze to a halt that I've only been able to find a quick solution to by doing a battery pull. Seeing as I'll never NOT root/ROM, I'll always be pro-replaceable batteries.

Nexus 4 here. hold onto power button for 5 seconds. easier than a battery pull and should be able to be done with most/all phones these days regardless of whether or not there's a user replaceable battery.

Last edited:
Nexus 4 here. hold onto power button for 5 seconds. easier than a battery pull and should be able to be done with most/all phones these days regardless of whether or not there's a user replaceable battery.

Maybe I need to start counting out 5 because I've held my power button down for an extended amount of time unsuccessfully. Or maybe my case's power button wasn't fully broken in yet.

If this is for every phone though, then I rest my case.

My life with owning cell phones thus far:

Motorola > Nokia > HTC > Samsung > LG

I hope Sony is still around 2 years from now so I can complete the full circle. The Z is dope, but it looks like Sony will never catch up to anywhere near the sales Samsung and HTC are
mean.gif
I think they will be, they just need to work on getting their devices on all carriers. they been making dope phones for as long as I can remember but the availability always sucked. even back in the sony ericcson days.

I knew HTC would find a way to blow this release and that's exactly what they did by giving AT&T the exclusive rights to the 64GB model. If I can't get an unlocked version them I'm over this phone already. It was bad enough that I was going to put up with HTC's slow software upgrades.

I really really try to like touchwiz to make use of all the features on my note 2 but can't. 
tired.gif

Excellent features with a hideous looking skin. Couldn't even keep my GS3 on stock for a solid week before I was running an AOSP/AOKP ROM man. I'm not a fan of launchers for some reason either.

What's odd about that question? I was just wondering because I attempted to upload a vid and it processed for a few minutes without any progress. Just curious to see how long it took other galaxy users.

Last edited:
I use nova + aosp messaging and holo locker to make the best of it
im always tempted to switch over to aosp though...
I kept TW for 2 straight months without rooting. I made the best of it and its really not all that bad. Really the only thing that bothered me was that Damb statusbar. Made it look like it was still on GB :smh:

I'm now on AOKP and I'm never going back. There's something bout a black n blue statusbar. :evil:

What's odd about that question? I was just wondering because I attempted to upload a vid and it processed for a few minutes without any progress. Just curious to see how long it took other galaxy users.

You never said what phone it is, and more importantly, what sort of connection you were uploading from.

anyone know why im unable to flash this CM10 rom onto my Galaxy s3?

I did restore and wipe cache partition....

but when i go to install it gives an error....

Wipe data/factory reset.
If you're going from 4.2 to 4.1 youll need to flash a downgrade .zip

Wipe data/factory reset.

Im currently running 4.1.1

The error says it cant read the .zip from storage and installation aborted....

The .zip file is in my phone memory, should i place it in the actual sd card?

Last edited:

Its numerous reason why? Hardware limitations can determine how fast a video can decode and encode for uploads and downloads. However it can also be the speed of the internet slowing you down, given if your doing uploading videos via wifi which would be much faster than over 3G/4G mobile network.

Wipe data/factory reset.

Im currently running 4.1.1

The error says it cant read the .zip from storage and installation aborted....

The .zip file is in my phone memory, should i place it in the actual sd card?
Yeah put the .zip in your SD card. That's how I do it and I've never had any problems.

Whats with the lack of SD card support on all these new phones? im loving the HTC One but not having expandable memory is a deal breaker for me, this is the main reason why i didnt get the Nexus 4.....

I hope this is not something every company starts doing in the near future.....

This is also one of the main features that Android has over the iphone.

Back
Top Bottom