• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How you expect them to pay for this fiasco if they update ya old phone instead of getting you to buy next year's bomb?

Apparently you haven't gotten as tired of telling your corny jokes as we are seeing them.

After 50 attempts it should have told you something b

damn. guess I'm uninstalling Android pay.

i understand the security concerns, but instead of finding a solution they made their security check even harsher. if they insist on a stock unlocked phone to enjoy Android, we may as well be using iPhones.

Apparently you haven't gotten as tired of telling your corny jokes as we are seeing them.

After 50 attempts it should have told you something b

If it was a joke it'd be one thing but you really think their going to waste money and resources updating a two gen old phone when they just lost a boat load of money with this fiasco that they deserve 110% flack for b?

Last edited:
HTC putting an 810 inside of a 2016 phone

Android pay no longer working if ya bootloader has been unlocked

Da future of this platform is looking shaker by da day :x :smh:

Nothing wrong with the 810 though. It's a great chip, just not the latest. The phone isn't going to be the flagship, so why put flagship specs?

Android Pay not working with an unlocked bootloader isn't a head scratcher either. It's implemented for security reasons. They're not risking you getting your info jacked and blaming Android Pay when you were the one who tampered with the software and its security to begin with.

Nothing wrong with the 810 though. It's a great chip, just not the latest. The phone isn't going to be the flagship, so why put flagship specs?

Android Pay not working with an unlocked bootloader isn't a head scratcher either. It's implemented for security reasons. They're not risking you getting your info jacked and blaming Android Pay when you were the one who tampered with the software and its security to begin with.

The 650,652 and even 625 perform similarly and don't have the throttling issues of the 810. Why use such a problematic and controversial soc in 2016 at all when better alternatives exist, especially since we know HTC isn't going to make the phone cheap, flagship or not.

Android pay not working with an unlocked bootloader renders the idea of nexuses devices ( perhaps why they switched to pixel) useless since the whole point was to have hardware that you could modify as you wanted without restrictions. This is now what seems to be the first step into making Android just as closed garden as iOS and in that case many of us might as well jump ship for iMessage alone.

Isn't 810 the chip that caused all the controversy surrounding the M9? Qualcomm had to throttle the hell out of it so that it'd stop overheating.

Android pay not working with an unlocked bootloader renders the idea of nexuses devices ( perhaps why they switched to pixel) useless since the whole point was to have hardware that you could modify as you wanted without restrictions. This is now what seems to be the first step into making Android just as closed garden as iOS and in that case many of us might as well jump ship for iMessage alone.
exactly.

for security, what they should do is make it like what they do with your google login. every time you use your card, it should sent an email or text. so if someone hacks it, you'll know right away. they can layer on the same algorithms that credit cards already use to track aberrant behavior.

and it already creates a virtual credit card number. as far as i know, practically no personal information is stored. it's not like a hacker would have access to your bank accounts. just your credit card. and, to be even more secure, for big purchases can't they throw on a 2-factor authentication, like a pin code or something, that wouldn't be stored on your phone?

i'm more worried about someone hacking into my google account than i am about my android pay, but i don't see google disallowing us from checking gmail on a rooted/unlocked phone.

what it is, i would guess, is that the banks and google don't give a **** about the threat to our individual bank accounts. they care about a large breach where they would have to deal with thousands of accounts at once and the negative publicity.

iphone 2017 :pimp:

Last edited:
exactly.

for security, what they should do is make it like what they do with your google login. every time you use your card, it should sent an email or text. so if someone hacks it, you'll know right away. they can layer on the same algorithms that credit cards already use to track aberrant behavior.

and it already creates a virtual credit card number. as far as i know, practically no personal information is stored. it's not like a hacker would have access to your bank accounts. just your credit card. and, to be even more secure, for big purchases can't they throw on a 2-factor authentication, like a pin code or something, that wouldn't be stored on your phone?

i'm more worried about someone hacking into my google account and looking at my search history than i am about my android pay, but i don't see google disallowing us from checking gmail on a rooted/unlocked phone.

what it is, i would guess, is that the banks and google don't give a **** about the threat to our individual bank accounts. they care about a large breach where they would have to deal with thousands of accounts at once and the negative publicity.

iphone 2017 :pimp:

Fixed for me

:nerd:

Isn't 810 the chip that caused all the controversy surrounding the M9? Qualcomm had to throttle the hell out of it so that it'd stop overheating.

yep. guess htc had a bunch left over and decided to use them.

might be too little too late tho.

This LeEco 3 is a beast for $300 after a $99 rebate. :x

Snapdragon 821, 4GB ram, 64GB storage, 4070mah battery, 1080p screen, 6.0 with their skin :x

LTE Bands 1/2/3/4/5/7/8/12/17/29/30/38

Full specs: http://us.lemall.com/us/phone/leeco_le_pro3/index.html

They also announced a midrange, da Le S3 for $250 (also has a $99 rebate)

LTE Bands 1-5/7/8/12/17

Snap 652, 3GB ram, 32GB storage, 3000mah battery, 1080p screen, 6.0 with their skin :x

full specs: http://www.lemall.com/us/phone/leeco_le_s3/index.html

Neither has expandable storage nor a headphone jack.

Still surprised they came state side before xiaomi.

Last edited:
The Nexus 6P and OnePlus 2 had the 810 with no problems at all. It had over heating issues on the first batch of the M9's but didn't they fix that with the new batches? Correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't necessarily agree with what they're doing with Android Pay, but I can see why they're doing it. There's no point in risking it on their end for the minority that actually root. Just my opinion of course.

They claimed to have released a second revision of da 810 after the lg flex 2 and m9 came out but then there were conflicting reports of those overheating and throttling at points as well.

Video quality is nice but why's he have to have that Instagram filter on it? I appreciate color accuracy over prettiness.

Yea i dont dig the filter either but theres no denying his skills clean review

Wish VZW would allow all these phones [emoji]128548[/emoji]

Of course Verizons free over night shipping ends on the 19th :smh:
Verizon is killing me with this whole Note7 fiasco

Your blaming the carrier for the manufacturers shortcomings

No i blame the carrier for not having enough employees staffed so i dont have to wait 3 hours to get assistance at a store. I blame the carrier for not having stock of anything worth while and trying to get me to buy a phone that will be outdated in a few months at damn near full price. I blame the carrier for thinking they **** dont stink and I cant get a damn one Plus 3.

7.1 developer preview available now, 7.1 for da 5x, 6p and pixel c. Da other Nexus devices (6,9, Nexus player) will have to wait for preview 2 in November, final release rollout in December.

No i blame the carrier for not having enough employees staffed so i dont have to wait 3 hours to get assistance at a store. I blame the carrier for not having stock of anything worth while and trying to get me to buy a phone that will be outdated in a few months at damn near full price. I blame the carrier for thinking they **** dont stink and I cant get a damn one Plus 3.

Well damn

Well damn

:lol: I know. I've had it

I know it isn't Android related, but MKBHD put out a Tesla video and I want one in a pretty bad way right now. Got me looking at my Camry in disgust

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom