• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Quick little OP6 now that I have used it in the past day. I had a work trip, so now just getting more time with it.

Build: Great build quality. Top notch to be honest. Got the midnight black, but got to hold the Mirror Black. Both were exceptional, but I prefer the non-mirror look. Buttons are very tactile, and the slider is very nicely textured and slides without any loose feelings. Finger sensor and camera are up there with top level smart phones. Overall great.

Screen: Enjoying the screen real estate. You can tell it is still 1080p, but still sharp. Versus a Retina or Samsung though, you may be disappointed. Good brightness. This wasn't a huge point for me since anything this small the difference doesn't feel like much. Responsive as well, possibly due to the software.

Software: I always enjoyed Oxygen OS, this phone and version is no different. Love the gesture rather than on screen buttons. Get used to it quick. Recent update has made everything smooth. Its the right amount of stock Android with a few tweaks and perks of Oxygen. This is the 2nd best version behind stock Android IMO. Very snappy with the 8gb of RAM and Snapdragon. Really it'll perform with the best of them hands down or even better. Went back to my iPhone to check a few things, and I absolutely noticed a lag in animations and just overall slower OS. If you know Android you know what to expect, it'll offer a similar experience to the Pixel line.

Camera: It has been great. My level of judgement on the camera though isn't on the same level as some. It is lower down my list of needs. This one overall has been great. Shooting in 19:9. Portrait mode seems to be off and struggles a bit though. Not getting the shots I want from it yet. Definitely needs a ton of software updates still to get it refined. Hopefully a proper port of GCam will be available to take advantage of the software. I think this camera hardware with googles software, you'll have pictures that can compete with iPhone, Samsung, and the king Pixel 2 XL.

Battery: I have yet to charge it since using it so I can't fully comment. Lets just say I am going on day 2 and still have about 30%. Gotta double check on the SoT. Dash charge negates anything in my opinion. It is one of the best features on the phone.

The Bad: There are things I didn't like.

-The HAPTIC feedback is terrible. So bad that I just turned it off. iPhone is king at this. The vibration motor and technology they use is amazing and probably one of their best developed things imo. They feel like real clicks. The OP6 unfortunately feels like a cheap toy when it vibrates. But this was not a deal breaker at all. I simply just turn it off.

-Speaker sucks imo. iPhone and a lot of other phones not only have stereo, but just much better quality sound. These sound muffled a bit, with no depth.

That is all I can think of at the moment. Phone is basically what I expected to be honest. At this price it is the best budget smartphone on the market in my opinion. Performs with the best and has minimal flaws. Some things that can be fixed with software such as the camera.

If there are things you guys want me to elaborate on or try let me know. I know a lot of you are trying to get a feel of the phone before buying,.

Currently using the new YouTube Music app. It has a LOT of potential. The layout is nice and the player looks good (and changes colors depending on the album art, which is a dope touch). Once they move my uploaded music on there, we're good to go.

Currently using the new YouTube Music app. It has a LOT of potential. The layout is nice and the player looks good (and changes colors depending on the album art, which is a dope touch). Once they move my uploaded music on there, we're good to go.
Glad theyre migrating the music for you. Do they have a free tier still?

My phone just got updated to Android 8.0 Oreo aka Optimus Prime.

Performance feels a whole lot snappier... and loving all the little minor changes I've noticed so far in the UI.:pimp:

Daily driver
Screenshot_20180525-063353.png

Man, the RED Hydrogen One is not looking like it's going to make a big splash like I thought it would. I've had it preordered since it was announced a year ago. Now that we're well out of the original Q1 2018 release date, tech looks like its moving forward. I still really need a new phone because my S8 is cracked, but I really underwhelmed by everything getting released. Everything looking and feeling the same. Might keep the Hydrogen just to have something different but it doesn't seem like any of the modules for it will be reasonably priced. Everyone saying the holographic screen is just a variant of a 3DS-like tech, Hopefully the LG V40 or something else delivers a unique phone

Last edited:
Man, the RED Hydrogen One is not looking like it's going to make a big splash like I thought it would. I've had it preordered since it was announced a year ago. Now that we're well out of the original Q1 2018 release date, tech looks like its moving forward. I still really need a new phone because my S8 is cracked, but I really underwhelmed by everything getting released. Everything looking and feeling the same. Might keep the Hydrogen just to have something different but it doesn't seem like any of the modules for it will be reasonably priced. Everyone saying the holographic screen is just a variant of a 3DS-like tech, Hopefully the LG V40 or something else delivers a unique phone
That phone is really made for camera and video enthusiasts. What are you looking for as far as uniqueness? I can tell you that most phones are going to look like a glass sandwich. If I were you, I would get the a cheaper phone for now(another S8, OP6, original Pixel, Moto G6, Nokia 7.1, Xiaomi Mix 2s[it's going to be stock Android soon]etc.) And keep waiting. The phones that we're still looking forward to this year are Note 9, Pixel 3, LG V35/40, BB KeyOne...that might be it. The HTC U12+ looks unique so you should check the videos on that too.

With Google movin' all the music/youtube stuff around might be switching from Tidal to GPM since I already pay for YT Red. Tidal isn't bad but it isn't as good as Spotify or GPM but I've been trying to support it because of Jay. Every little bit counts right? But since I can listen to music on desktop at work that I don't have saved online I'm starting to not like the fact that I'm paying for both Tidal and GPM especially if GPM/YTM will be $15 and not $10 any more.

This Android P Beta is still handling pretty well. I don't have the swipe up from the mutlitwindow screen to open the app drawer feature but not trippin'. My maps force closes each time I select a location which is truly annoying but I have Waze and my tablet. Can't wait for a full version and to see what the Pixel 3 XL looks like since I'm not seeing anything exciting about the Note 9

I just want top specs, robust and quality design and durability(able to skip cases), clean UI, and broad useful feature set which includes headphone jack, big battery, hi fi audio etc. My best chance is a good design on the LG V40 . Might just go with one plus or the note but I'm tired of glass sammich

Red could still be the one this year but 1600 just doesn't seem worth it with sacrificed water resistance, snapdragon 835 chip, questionable features and UI out the box

Got my OnePlus 6 in today and I'm still getting it set up and how I like.

The build quality is nice.. I played with it for about twenty minutes before I slapped it in the OnePlus Sandstone case. I really like the textured feel to it and had it on my 3T. I'm playing around with the gesture navigation and getting rid of the bottom navigation bar, but I don't want to lose the ability to double tap recents and quickly switch apps. When you do hide that navigation bar, plus the notch, it's just so much screen real estate and immersive. I definitely like it but it does make it harder to use one handed with that kind of screen space, but that's the compromise you make.

Didn't get to play around with the camera too much but from my little time with it, it's definitely an improvement. I will need to test it in action and lowlight, because even with the GCam port on the 3T, that's still a struggle.

Only thing I hate.. that vibration motor is bad. I know that was a complaint in the reviews and I knew it wouldn't be top of the line and like Apple by any means, but at least be okay... it's actually pretty bad. It just feels really hollow and kind of a backwards move from my 3T. It's not a dealbreaker by any means, but the reviews mentioning it are actually legit.

I'm letting it fully charge before I put it through it's paces. So far I like it a lot and a solid upgrade and effort from OnePlus.

Anyone know of a oneplus accessories discount code? Really want a 2nd charger and car charger but dam are they pricey.

Back
Top Bottom