• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I see Android Messages has a web interface now... I'm still pretty loyal to Textra.

I might give it a try soon, though.

SwiftKey has been bugging. Arrow keys disappeared and words like I'll or I'm are constantly changed to I. I contacted them and they replied that both are known issues.

Pixel XL just came in today. Had the nexus 6p and it bootlooped, google was nice enough to replace it even though it's out of warranty (2nd time). Only thing I'm kinda worried about is when I turn the phone on it gives me the option to hard reset. I'm thinking that might fix it and they end up charging me full price for the pixel :/. Anybody have experience with the 6p? I low key want to reset it and then figure out a way to make it bootloop for good just in case :lol:

I see Android Messages has a web interface now... I'm still pretty loyal to Textra.

I might give it a try soon, though.

This means you can read your texts online? I been needing that ever since I switched from google voice to google fi

Textra is still my preferred option. It does the best job of group messages for me. When I'm in a bad service area and can't get group messages Textra won't deliver them out o order and will receive and send messages better than all the other apps I've tried.

We just need wifi texting

Google entering the video game market?

https://kotaku.com/sources-google-is-planning-a-game-platform-that-could-1827217387

Over the past few months, the wildest rumors in video game industry circles haven’t involved the PlayStation 5 or Xbox Two. The most interesting chatter has centered on a tech company that’s been quietly making moves to tackle video games in a big way: Google, the conglomerate that operates our email, our internet browsers, and much more.

We haven’t heard many specifics about Google’s video game plans, but what we have heard is that it’s a three-pronged approach: 1) Some sort of streaming platform, 2) some sort of hardware, and 3) an attempt to bring game developers under the Google umbrella, whether through aggressive recruiting or even major acquisitions. That’s the word from five people who have either been briefed on Google’s plans or heard about them secondhand.

Google has been exploring video game initiatives for most of the decade. In 2014, the company was reportedly poised to acquire Twitch before Amazon swooped in. Rumors percolated for years that Google was also attempting to launch an Android-based console, similar to Amazon’s Fire TV, but that didn’t happen. In 2016, the Google-incubated studio Niantic scored one of the biggest gaming successes of the last decade with Pokémon Go, but it had spun out into an independent company the year before. And Google has a long history of hiring game developers for projects that never quite materialize.

In recent months, however, the chatter about Google has gotten louder. At the Game Developers Conference in March of this year, Google representatives met with several big video game companies to gauge interest in its streaming platform, which is code-named Yeti, sources said. (The existence of Google’s Yeti was first reported by the website The Information earlier this year.) Google also took meetings at E3 in Los Angeles a few weeks ago, those sources said, and from what we’ve heard, the company is looking not just to woo game developers to the Yeti service but to buy development studios entirely. (Google did not respond to a request for comment.)

So what is this streaming platform, exactly? Like Nvidia’s GeForce Now, the Google service would offload the work of rendering graphics to beefy computers elsewhere, allowing even the cheapest PCs to play high-end games. The biggest advantage of streaming, as opposed to physical discs or downloads, is that it removes hardware barriers for games. Games like Call of Duty can reach a significantly bigger audience if players don’t need an expensive graphics card or console to play them. As one person familiar with Yeti described it: Imagine playing The Witcher 3 within a tab on Google Chrome.

Any budget friendly Androids one can recommend? Want to "upgrade" from the S7 soon but don't want to pay monthly installments.

Still going strong, but feel like I have a year or so of good usage before it's outdated.

Any budget friendly Androids one can recommend? Want to "upgrade" from the S7 soon but don't want to pay monthly installments.

Still going strong, but feel like I have a year or so of good usage before it's outdated.

OnePlus 6. I'm also coming from a S7 and I'm glad I made the switch

Does OnePlus still run prone to slow or delayed Android OS updates?

Want to say the price is more in line with flagships nowadays as well, so it might not be feasible at the moment. Was thinking like $300-$400 after selling the S7.

You can get an S8 on Swappa for within that range if that's a model you're in to.

If software updates are of top priority, then maybe putting some cash aside for a little longer and grabbing a Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL is the better move (both are around 5-550 on that same site.)

Was/am a HTC fan but seems like the company is on its last legs. Went S7 with Jump on Demand because it's pretty much the Apple of Android smartphones, but lack of self-discipline pretty much made me unable to stay on track with monthly payments.

$529 is a reasonable price, just don't want to shell out cash and overlook over purchases.

anybody know a good budget phone below 200? Or should I just get the used Iphone6 from my cousin lol.

Right now my choices are:

Xioami Redmi 5 plus
Xioami mi a1
Huawei Honor 7x
Huawei Y6
Iphone6 used

Last edited:
If software updates are of top priority, then maybe putting some cash aside for a little longer and grabbing a Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL is the better move (both are around 5-550 on that same site.)
Pixel 2 XL might be the move. Seems like it hits all the key points I would want in a phone with a respectable price to boot.

The only downside of the OnePlus 6 is the 1080p screen, everything else spec-wise looks great.

Pixel 2 XL might be the move. Seems like it hits all the key points I would want in a phone with a respectable price to boot.

The only downside of the OnePlus 6 is the 1080p screen, everything else spec-wise looks great.

I guess it can be considered a downside because it's 1080 but it's a very good screen IMO. Plus it being 1080 will let you better battery life and performance

Won't be until a few months as I have to put some money aside for it, but thanks for the suggestions.

Gonna have to do more research, but narrowed it down to those two phones for now.

The airpods have a really low volume for android phones, but it works fine with the Google music app. I was scared I was losing hearing :lol:

Back
Top Bottom