• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah I love my 6, best phone I've had so far. Just felt like treating myself to a new toy. Performance wise no reason to upgrade and you're exactly right, Dash charge spoiled me. Especially once I got the car charger, I'm never worried about battery.

Any word on the next tablet coming out? Trying to hold off on buying one until I see the newest addition.

Can I just put my att sim card in the one plus 7 pro or do I have to go to the store and activate it.i currently have a note 9 with att

Google reportedly pulls Huawei’s Android license

Reuters reports that Google is suspending some business with the Chinese manufacturer
acastro_190305_3265_huawei_congress_0001.0.jpg

Illustration by Alex Castro
Following the US crackdown on Chinese technology companies, Reuters reports that Google has cut off Huawei’s Android license, which would represent a huge blow to the besieged phonemaker. Reuters is reporting the news from a single anonymous source; The Verge requested comment from Google and Huawei about the suspension, but did not hear back from either company by the time of publication.

If the Reuters report is accurate, Huawei could be restricted to using the Android Open Source Project (ASOP), which would cut the company off from critical Google apps that consumers outside of China expect on Android devices. Reuters says Google is still debating the details of how this sanction would work, but that Huawei would “immediately lose access to [Android] updates,” and that future smartphones would lose access to the Google Play Store and apps like Gmail.

Huawei has been under increasing pressure from President Trump and the US government over fears that its equipment could be used by the Chinese government to spy on American networks. These fears have been under construction for a long time; In 2018, US intelligence agencies warned againstusing Huawei and ZTE devices, and US politicians have described Huawei as “effectively an arm of the Chinese government.”

Huawei maintains that it is not possible for the Chinese government to poison its equipment with backdoors, and it has remained optimistic about the future of its business. But this latest setback from Google could pose a serious risk to the future of Huawei’s core mobile business. The company was already preparing its own operating systems in the event of being banned from using Android and Windows, but given US fears about foreign interference, a home-grown OS is likely to face even more scrutiny than Google’s software

https://www.theverge.com/2019/5/19/18631558/google-huawei-android-suspension

Any word on the next tablet coming out? Trying to hold off on buying one until I see the newest addition.

Samsung Tab S5e is dope for the price starting at $400, Tab S4 is about the same price with a better processor
Or if you want something out of this world, Samsung View 2 (18in tablet) is around that same price at about $500

I know I'm behind but I just upgraded to the pixel 2xl panda version from a Nexus 6p. I had to get rid of that thing after it got blod and I was stuck with only four cores after flashing the blod patch. I had already replaced the battery once and the new one was starting to fade too after about a year.

Google reportedly pulls Huawei’s Android license

Reuters reports that Google is suspending some business with the Chinese manufacturer
acastro_190305_3265_huawei_congress_0001.0.jpg

Illustration by Alex Castro
Following the US crackdown on Chinese technology companies, Reuters reports that Google has cut off Huawei’s Android license, which would represent a huge blow to the besieged phonemaker. Reuters is reporting the news from a single anonymous source; The Verge requested comment from Google and Huawei about the suspension, but did not hear back from either company by the time of publication.

If the Reuters report is accurate, Huawei could be restricted to using the Android Open Source Project (ASOP), which would cut the company off from critical Google apps that consumers outside of China expect on Android devices. Reuters says Google is still debating the details of how this sanction would work, but that Huawei would “immediately lose access to [Android] updates,” and that future smartphones would lose access to the Google Play Store and apps like Gmail.

Huawei has been under increasing pressure from President Trump and the US government over fears that its equipment could be used by the Chinese government to spy on American networks. These fears have been under construction for a long time; In 2018, US intelligence agencies warned againstusing Huawei and ZTE devices, and US politicians have described Huawei as “effectively an arm of the Chinese government.”

Huawei maintains that it is not possible for the Chinese government to poison its equipment with backdoors, and it has remained optimistic about the future of its business. But this latest setback from Google could pose a serious risk to the future of Huawei’s core mobile business. The company was already preparing its own operating systems in the event of being banned from using Android and Windows, but given US fears about foreign interference, a home-grown OS is likely to face even more scrutiny than Google’s software

https://www.theverge.com/2019/5/19/18631558/google-huawei-android-suspension
I'd understand the US government if there's evidence to back this up. Historically the Chinese government has used their tech brands to funnel info, like the case with Lenovo.

Last edited:
I got a Huawei phone. I'm good for now since I'm an already existing user. They cut off Google play services, updates,etc. for the new and upcoming Huawei phones though

I got a Huawei phone. I'm good for now since I'm an already existing user. They cut off Google play services, updates,etc. for the new and upcoming Huawei phones though
That's at least some good news. I really like Huawei because they like to push the envelope, I just hope somehow they can reconcile with the US gov'/Google.

Just now reading into Google's development of Fuchsia. The ending of their fragmentation issues will do wonders for them. I wonder if it will replace Android and ChromeOS

Just now reading into Google's development of Fuchsia. The ending of their fragmentation issues will do wonders for them. I wonder if it will replace Android and ChromeOS
Definitely, it's going to take a lot of time though. I'm sure we'll see it come to fruition in 4-5 years.

OnePlus 7 Pro arrived yesterday. This thing is incredible. The screen and sound are immediate improvements from the 6. Stereo speakers, plus no notch makes it a great experience watching media. Adding the higher refresh rate and the smoothness of this screen is unlike any other phone I've used. Lightning fast is an understatement. I will say there's going to be a point of "how fast is fast" because loading up my 6 next to it, it's not slow by any means, even though the 7 Pro beats it. From my past experience I'll expect it to remain just s fast as long as I have it.

Pop up camera is a weird novelty but if that's what it takes for no notch and full screen I'll take it. It pops up quick and no problems so far. Camera is good so far, improvements will come with updates and I'll try out the GCam ports when they arrive. I'll report back with battery life but I'm leaving it on with full resolution and refresh. If I paid for it, I want to get the full experience. Plus Warp charging has me covered.

Now I have to sell this 6 before all the dummies on Swappa undercut all the prices.

OnePlus 7 Pro arrived yesterday. This thing is incredible. The screen and sound are immediate improvements from the 6. Stereo speakers, plus no notch makes it a great experience watching media. Adding the higher refresh rate and the smoothness of this screen is unlike any other phone I've used. Lightning fast is an understatement. I will say there's going to be a point of "how fast is fast" because loading up my 6 next to it, it's not slow by any means, even though the 7 Pro beats it. From my past experience I'll expect it to remain just s fast as long as I have it.

Pop up camera is a weird novelty but if that's what it takes for no notch and full screen I'll take it. It pops up quick and no problems so far. Camera is good so far, improvements will come with updates and I'll try out the GCam ports when they arrive. I'll report back with battery life but I'm leaving it on with full resolution and refresh. If I paid for it, I want to get the full experience. Plus Warp charging has me covered.

Now I have to sell this 6 before all the dummies on Swappa undercut all the prices.
Hows the vibration motor? Supposed to be a big improvement. I will say that was the thing i hated the most on my OP6 coming from iPhone where the haptic feedback is excellent.

Post a picture of it. I want to see someone actually holding one instead of a press shot.

Hows the vibration motor? Supposed to be a big improvement. I will say that was the thing i hated the most on my OP6 coming from iPhone where the haptic feedback is excellent.

Much improved. It was so bad on the 6 I turned it off. Not iPhone level but nothing really is.

I'm getting used to the curved screen and I'm not crazy about it. Slight glare and curve with reading text on the edges but I'll get used to it.

Battery life is great so far. 5.7 hours screen on time and I'm at 20%. Full refresh rate and dynamic resolution where it'll adjust if you don't need top resolution like if using the phone.

I'll take some pictures tomorrow.

IMG_20190523_123058.jpg
IMG_20190523_122915.jpg
IMG_20190523_123406.jpg
IMG_20190523_123339.jpg
IMG_20190523_123513.jpg
IMG_20190523_123449.jpg
IMG_20190523_123244.jpg
IMG_20190523_123139.jpg
IMG_20190523_123325.jpg
Some shots of the phone. I'm using the Sandstone protective case. I like how thin it is and the coarse feel helps grip. I had the nylon number for my 6 and it felt nice but still too bully. I might try the Karbon case but they're expensive so I might wait for a sale or if the Sandstone cracks again. The last one I had developed some small cracks when I dropped it.

I kind of want to use the clear case that came with it to show off the blue. It's CRAZY in person. Almost makes me want to go caseless.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom