• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yea I'm not seeing the $300 premium for the Pro.

If you guys are on the fence like I am, peep the holiday return policy

Screenshot_20211019-161121_Chrome.png

I may buy on Nov 26 for an extra long trial. Buying it then will allow me to evaluate full reviews that'll come out by then to see if it's something i wouldn't mind grabbing over the S22.

Last edited:
Took me forever to try to order the phone, but finally got it. Torn between the regular 6 and the 6 Pro, so I ordered both for now to see what's up. I'm honestly not sure if it's worth the extra $300 for the Pro, especially for the Zoom lens. Anyone have thoughts about having that 3rd camera lens and whether it's worth it for you? Pretty sure my mileage will vary anyway, but just would like to know from your guys' experiences.

I went with the 6 Pro 128gb as the 256gb was sold out. I need the Zoom lens because I go to many concerts and sporting events, the 4x Optical lens will allow me to capture sharper zoomed video.
Also for my resale business I need the fastest phone to help procure inventory, the extra 4gb of RAM helps.
Without those reasons I would have gone with the regular 6 for $599, incredible value. My Pixel 5 is still top notch, sad to have to trade it in.

$899
- $405 Google Pixel 5 trade in credit
- $92.80 Google One 10% Store Credit
-$99 Selling the free Pixel Buds A on eBay
$302 TOTAL - great freaking deal
Screenshot 2021-10-20 094913.jpg

Last edited:
I went with the 6 Pro 128gb as the 256gb was sold out. I need the Zoom lens because I go to many concerts and sporting events, the 4x Optical lens will allow me to capture sharper zoomed video.
Also for my resale business I need the fastest phone to help procure inventory, the extra 4gb of RAM helps.
Without those reasons I would have gone with the regular 6 for $599, incredible value. My Pixel 5 is still top notch, sad to have to trade it in.

$899
almost forgot about this.

if there's a black Friday sale, even for $50, I might bite and trade in my p5. it would work out to $100 to get the Pixel 6. but I love the size of the 5.

For the Google One 10%, is that available for everyone if they were to subscribe now? May sub for 1 month at $1.99 then cancel :lol:

For the Google One 10%, is that available for everyone if they were to subscribe now? May sub for 1 month at $1.99 then cancel :lol:
I think you have to get the 100 gb plan ($10/month) and keep it for two months because it takes 30+ days to credit the 10%. And it comes as just store credit, not cash. So you end up paying $20 back. But yes, I think you can sign up for Google one and immediately purchase the phone and get the 10%.

would you go from note 10 to pixel 6 pro? i don't feel like waiting for the next note...

Been meaning to complain about this for a while with the beta -- I ****ing hate the new notification panel in Android 12. I used to love being able to peak at notifications while still seeing most of my screen. I ****ing ****ing hate the new system where the whole screen goes black. This guy explains it:

"for some reason, Google decided that transparent backgrounds are the enemy of state and forced solid background in both - app drawer and app switcher (and probably elsewhere). What makes it worse though, is how bad it's done. If you go in an app, press and pull the app switcher up (without releasing), the background is your wallpaper. Only after you release - the background becomes solid. (From comments) This also happens for the notification shade, even if you don't have any notifications... WHAT PROBLEM DOES THIS SOLVE OTHER THAN ME NOT BEING ABLE TO ENJOY MY WALLPAPER?"

I feel like I should go with the 6 to cut costs, but that 6 Pro is calling me, man. After holding down the S20 FE for a year now I lowkey miss having a 4K display. Plus, I'm a sucker for white phones and they don't have a white option for the 6. That cloudy white 6 Pro is :emoji_fire::emoji_heart_eyes:.

Last edited:
I feel like I should go with the 6 to cut costs, but that 6 Pro is calling me, man. After holding down the S20 FE for a year now I lowkey miss having a 4K display. Plus, I'm a sucker for white phones and they don't have a white option for the 6. That cloudy white 6 Pro is :emoji_fire::emoji_heart_eyes:.

Treat yoself.

I'm going the opposite way of you. I'm currently typing from an S20 Ultra which is selling for 600+ on Swappa. Curious how the $600 Pixel 6 is gonna hold up in comparison.

$899

Damn, nice! I also went with the 128gb storage one, which is the main one I was aiming for anyway. I heard there are demo phones out available at some Best Buy stores, and I checked the Colma store in the Bay Area and they had both on display! I tried out the video and yep, it DEFINITELY looks better than the videos before this one. I sent it to my phone, but then it processed in 360p, so it's not good. I did see this on Reddit though... looks REAL good.

I did try out a 4X optical zoom vs. a 3.9x digital zoom (before it switches to the 4x zoom and then I realized I should've just done a 4x zoom on the regular Pixel 6 :lol:) and that sample may be clutch for me. Whether it'll come off handy for me for product/sneaker photos, I don't know, but for times where I've wanted to snap a picture of birds or any nature shots that I can't get close to, this may be super helpful. You know how many times my 7x-zoomed pictures has a hawk mistaken for a big potato?

PXL_20211021_002110074.jpg

PXL_20211021_002058915.jpg

Trying to decide if l should throw away my note 7 box or keep it bc it may be some type of collectors item 20 years from now.

S21 keeps getting this notification to delete apps to create space. Don't know how to get rid of it.

Any help on this?

Hardly download or record anything on this phone. Still have like 60-70 GBs left.

Compared to the Pixel 2 all the way to the Pixel 5a... Other than the weird choppiness, this is WAAAAY better! I think this is before an upcoming GCam software update, but not sure.

Back
Top Bottom