• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ay didn't know where to post it, microcenter got free ssds..first come first served....
one nearest me like 15mi away..
Screenshot_20211028-172450_Chrome.jpg
Thanks

PXL_20211027_234054024.jpg

Got my Sorta Seafoam Pixel 6 in yesterday! For quick first impressions, first - the green is super nice and it is very close to the Seafoam color of the AJ1s.

Coming from the Pixel 4a, this phone is huge and heavy! Very premium though; I forget this is a $600 phone. The battery, I can't comment on since I just got it yesterday and I got Hangouts messages syncing with my Messages app and that's a battery hog.

With the Tensor chip, it's been really smooth and fun to play with. It's almost like the thesis of a paper where Tensor is built to prove what Google can do.
  • Live Translate embedded into the app has been excellent! It's fairly accurate although I wish they had more dialects for certain languages like Cantonese and other dialects of Tagalog.
  • Google Assistant is FAST. I thought it was already super fast on the Pixel 4/4a/5/5a because of how Assistant is built-in, but jeez, this is even faster for sure.
  • The few photo processing capabilities/features are pretty dope, too! I did a quick test with the Long Exposure mode and it's pretty good! Not 100%, but still good for what it is. Same with Magic Eraser although that's a hit or miss. Like most said, if you know about Photoshop's Content Aware Fill, it's basically the same thing, but just done in a few seconds, which is impressively ****ing smart.
  • Speech enhancement has potential, but I did one test and it didn't work as well just that one time. Will try again soon.
Original picture
PXL_20211028_212646039.MOTION-02.ORIGINAL.jpg

Long Exposure Effect
PXL_20211028_212646039.MOTION-01.COVER.jpg

The camera is great as always but I've yet to try out the ultrawide. The main thing I was really curious about was how well the 50MP would make a difference when zooming in 1.3x - 1.5x compared to the older sensor and at least from what I'm seeing, I'm liking it a lot because of detail consistency. I took a few pictures of the AJ1 Low Starfish in regular 1x and 1.3x.

1x
PXL_20211028_164708083.jpg

1.3x
PXL_20211028_164805028.jpg

The only few things I noticed that isn't so good are the fingerprint sensor and the display in bright light. For the display, it's very nice but even with Adaptive Brightness, the brightness doesn't go an extra level like my Pixel 4a does, which is odd. The fingerprint sensor is unfortunately subpar since it takes at least 0.5 a second to get it to unlock the phone and it's taken me a few tries 50% of the time I try to unlock the phone.

EDIT - I've reset my thumb fingerprint setup a few times and I think I did it correctly this time. Definitely better now.

Despite that though, $599+tax for basically a premium or flagship-level phone (or high-end at the least) with free Pixel Buds, too?! That's a ****ing steal in today's age IMO. The debate is just whether the $755+tax Pixel 6 Pro (I got it discounted from Target since they ran out of Pixel Buds + I stacked 5% off from the RedCard) is worth it for the telephoto lens I really want to have while not having the free Pixel Buds... maybe the 120hz screen, too. My 1st gen AirPods are weakening from the busted charger and I don't wanna buy a new charger case, haha.

Last edited:
Just got the Pixel 6 Pro in yesterday and am gonna test this out for a week or so. My reason for trying out the Pro is solely for the telephoto lens and having the wider front-facing camera, but the upgrade in screen is a nice-to-have for me. Surprisingly, Two Dots (a game that is surprisingly a bit power-hungry) runs better on here than it does on the regular 6 for some reason.

The telephoto lens is SO fun to have and play with. Product and close-up photography for this is great with the natural bokeh. Here are a few sample shots below. It definitely doesn't do as well with non-ideal lighting which I don't think is a surprise for phone cameras carrying a telephoto lens (see the Starfish AJ1 Low picture as that example).

With that said though... I'll still have to see if it's worth the bit of extra money. EDIT - I should mention that which one I'm favoring now, 60% leaning on the Pixel 6, 40% on the 6 Pro.

PXL_20211103_203708644 (1).jpg

PXL_20211104_170430185.jpg

PXL_20211104_033916350.jpg

Last edited:
Had to get rid of the Pixel 6. That Tensor processor aint cuttin it with me...freezes constantly and the fingerprint scanner wasnt accurate at all. Swapped for the zflip 3 and liking it so far.

Kinda want the Galaxy watch 4, it has a few new features like gestures and such. Probably won't get it though.

^ i might pull the trigger as well... if i trade my galaxy watch 3 i have to add 185... not a bad deal but id assume it would be cheaper on black friday then ill definitely cop...

Had to get rid of the Pixel 6. That Tensor processor aint cuttin it with me...freezes constantly and the fingerprint scanner wasnt accurate at all. Swapped for the zflip 3 and liking it so far.
A newly released phone is already freezing? WTH?

A newly released phone is already freezing? WTH?
That tensor chip....google glossed over and didnt even report important specs of the chip. The snapdragon 888 is months older and still performs just as well/outperforms in many benchmarks. The tensor chip imo is optimized for machine learning and camera....power and speed is what im looking for. Not saying the phone isnt good for everyone....just not my needs.

I copped the One Plus 9 on sale for 599 then swapped it for the Pixel 6 bc everybody pretty much said the Pixel 6 was the better phone. The downgrade from 120hz to 90hz display and the speed difference from snapdragon 888 to tensor was VERY noticeable. Wish i had my OP9 back but the price went back up to 729. I decided to drop a little bit more cash on the z flip and im liking it so far tho. Happy to be back on snapdragon.

I'm having my biannual affair with an iPhone right now. Copped a 13 pro max.

I coach my sons in sports and imessage actually something I need to send my parents videos

Outside of imessage and battery life, I like the S21 Ultra more.

I'm a display ***** and I just can't get over how much worse the display is in comparison to the S21 Ultra.

Probably going to sell the 13 pro max and keep my wifes old iphone 11 for imessage and facetime.

Finally have a job for the 1st time in 11 years where I don't carry 2 phones and I'm about to carry 2 phones still

I guess the lack of the camera bump is a improvement, but the S21 Ultra(or 21 lineup) in general looked better.

Yeah the flush look is clean but I'm not crazy about it. S21 line definitely has more character.

Edit: off topic but just realized that l can disable chrome. I hate the way it looks and hate that it's the default browser to open several types of links.

Last edited:
Single press for Do Not Disturb on/off
Double press for Play/Pause media
Hold down for flashlight on/off

Added some extra features for the volume buttons too:

Hold volume up for next song/video
Hold volume down for previous song) video
Mad old l know but how were you able to do this?

Back
Top Bottom