• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
got an iphone 4 and im already bored with it. Have somebody willing to trade me a new in box samsung captivate for my iphone? Good trade? really want to try out Android.

Originally Posted by Jerome in the House

Samsung Vibrant owner here. Loving it.

Resolution is second to non. Very clean phone.

Can someone explain how to change the theme on my phone. Would be appreciated

on te main screen, put your finger on a blank space and hold for a few seconds, tat should bring up the option for "wallpaper"

Originally Posted by Jerome in the House

Samsung Vibrant owner here. Loving it.

Resolution is second to non. Very clean phone.

Can someone explain how to change the theme on my phone. Would be appreciated

on te main screen, put your finger on a blank space and hold for a few seconds, tat should bring up the option for "wallpaper"

Originally Posted by FlipnKraut

btw, every needs to get the Tasker app. You can pretty much make it do anything. For example I have profiles for;

Home: When I get into range of my wifi network, it sends a WOL packet to my computer waking it up from sleep
Work: When I get into range of work, it sets the phone to vibrate. When I leave the range, it turns vibrate off
Headphones: When headphones are plugged in it auto launches the Music app, sets the media volume to max, and starts playing a playlist and turns the notification volume to 4. When the headphones are taken out it stops playing and quits the music app and sets the media and notification volume back
Maps: When the Maps app is launched it turns on GPS, when its closed it turn GPS off
Last caller widget: When I have to ignore a call when I cant answer for whatever reason, I just tap the widget and it sends a text to the last caller saying I'm busy I'll get back to you in a while
There are literally thousands of things you can do with it and the dev keeps adding new features.

this... sounds... AMAZING!!!!

my contract has been up but i was gonna wait for the iphone4... are there any droid joints with a front facing camera and can capture hd video? if one has both of those features then i don't need to wait for no damn iphone (i hate apple everything as is)

Originally Posted by FlipnKraut

btw, every needs to get the Tasker app. You can pretty much make it do anything. For example I have profiles for;

Home: When I get into range of my wifi network, it sends a WOL packet to my computer waking it up from sleep
Work: When I get into range of work, it sets the phone to vibrate. When I leave the range, it turns vibrate off
Headphones: When headphones are plugged in it auto launches the Music app, sets the media volume to max, and starts playing a playlist and turns the notification volume to 4. When the headphones are taken out it stops playing and quits the music app and sets the media and notification volume back
Maps: When the Maps app is launched it turns on GPS, when its closed it turn GPS off
Last caller widget: When I have to ignore a call when I cant answer for whatever reason, I just tap the widget and it sends a text to the last caller saying I'm busy I'll get back to you in a while
There are literally thousands of things you can do with it and the dev keeps adding new features.

this... sounds... AMAZING!!!!

my contract has been up but i was gonna wait for the iphone4... are there any droid joints with a front facing camera and can capture hd video? if one has both of those features then i don't need to wait for no damn iphone (i hate apple everything as is)

Vibrant records in HD, but I'm not sure what front facing means.......the Vibrant's camera is on the back of the phone

Vibrant records in HD, but I'm not sure what front facing means.......the Vibrant's camera is on the back of the phone

^^^

front facing camera like on the iphone4 for skype/video conferencing and shh. i'm a technology %!*!+

^^^

front facing camera like on the iphone4 for skype/video conferencing and shh. i'm a technology %!*!+

Motorola Droid rooted, best phone I've ever owned. Probably upgrade when verizon gets something with a front facing camera.

Motorola Droid rooted, best phone I've ever owned. Probably upgrade when verizon gets something with a front facing camera.

Just got this. About time...
[h1]Android App Review: G4 TV[/h1]
[table][tr][td]Posted on Monday, Aug 16, 2010 by Kyle Gibb[/td][td][/td][/tr][/table]

G4 has changed a bit since its birth in the TechTV days, but its new app is absolutely packed with features and awesomeness. Videogame fans have long had to deal with the mobile versions of popular gaming websites, such as Gamespot or G4's own version. These were often clunky and slow even on the latest phone. Navigation was a nightmare and often video was left out entirely. Join me past the break to discover how G4 has shown the gaming press how its done. 

The app takes a few seconds to load the first time, but after that it starts up pretty much instantly. Your home screen of sorts contains a scrolling ticker of picture links at the top, not unlike what we found in Pulse. These are typically the biggest stories, such as the recent Bioshock : Infinite announcement. Below it is a more standard scrollable list of the latest news, articles, and other tidbits that G4 posts throughout the day. 

Hitting the menu button will bring up links to the other main sections of the app, which include videos and a games finder. Hitting on "more" lets you access pages for specific G4 shows as well as a schedule of their programing. 

Going into the "Games" section, you can quickly find games under "Most Popular" or "Most Recent," which seems to be a list of games that have recently released. You can further refine these lists by selecting a platform of your choice. Each game has its box art, name, platform, release date, and score (if reviewed) for quick reference. Tapping on a game (in my case, StarCraft 2 because it is amazing) brings you to that game's hub. From here, you can quickly read the review, find news, or watch any related videos of that game. In my case, SC2 brought up the video review, the amazing trailer (which you truly need to watch), a clip of Morgan Webb and Kevin Pereira talking about the game, and a couple other interesting pieces. Video quality on my Droid Incredible was great over Wifi, with the video starting after only a few seconds and suffering from no lag or jitters once it did. Honestly, their video streaming is at least as good as what you will find in the native YouTube app, if not better.

The "Videos" section works much the same way. You can browse by most recent or delve into clips specific to G4's most popular shows: X-Play and Attack of the Show (AOTS). There is also a tab for G4's web shows if you are interested in those. Another great feature is the ability to search from anywhere in the app by hitting your phone's "search" button or hitting the little search icon present in the top-right. Using this, I was quickly able to find articles about Civ 5, for instance. 

If you aren't convinced you need to download this app by now, let me make one final appeal. If you are a gamer, you need this app. You need it because that Halo : Reach trailer only gets better with double-digit viewing. You need it because the Lions sure aren't going to make it to the Super Bowl in real life any time soon. And if nothing else, you need it so you will know Cops is on for 2 straight hours tonight. G4 has taken the time to show every other gaming press organization how it's done, and you really should check it out if you have any interest in gaming. So, get to the downloading! [AppBrain]

chart

Android App Market Link

Just got this. About time...
[h1]Android App Review: G4 TV[/h1]
[table][tr][td]Posted on Monday, Aug 16, 2010 by Kyle Gibb[/td][td][/td][/tr][/table]

G4 has changed a bit since its birth in the TechTV days, but its new app is absolutely packed with features and awesomeness. Videogame fans have long had to deal with the mobile versions of popular gaming websites, such as Gamespot or G4's own version. These were often clunky and slow even on the latest phone. Navigation was a nightmare and often video was left out entirely. Join me past the break to discover how G4 has shown the gaming press how its done. 

The app takes a few seconds to load the first time, but after that it starts up pretty much instantly. Your home screen of sorts contains a scrolling ticker of picture links at the top, not unlike what we found in Pulse. These are typically the biggest stories, such as the recent Bioshock : Infinite announcement. Below it is a more standard scrollable list of the latest news, articles, and other tidbits that G4 posts throughout the day. 

Hitting the menu button will bring up links to the other main sections of the app, which include videos and a games finder. Hitting on "more" lets you access pages for specific G4 shows as well as a schedule of their programing. 

Going into the "Games" section, you can quickly find games under "Most Popular" or "Most Recent," which seems to be a list of games that have recently released. You can further refine these lists by selecting a platform of your choice. Each game has its box art, name, platform, release date, and score (if reviewed) for quick reference. Tapping on a game (in my case, StarCraft 2 because it is amazing) brings you to that game's hub. From here, you can quickly read the review, find news, or watch any related videos of that game. In my case, SC2 brought up the video review, the amazing trailer (which you truly need to watch), a clip of Morgan Webb and Kevin Pereira talking about the game, and a couple other interesting pieces. Video quality on my Droid Incredible was great over Wifi, with the video starting after only a few seconds and suffering from no lag or jitters once it did. Honestly, their video streaming is at least as good as what you will find in the native YouTube app, if not better.

The "Videos" section works much the same way. You can browse by most recent or delve into clips specific to G4's most popular shows: X-Play and Attack of the Show (AOTS). There is also a tab for G4's web shows if you are interested in those. Another great feature is the ability to search from anywhere in the app by hitting your phone's "search" button or hitting the little search icon present in the top-right. Using this, I was quickly able to find articles about Civ 5, for instance. 

If you aren't convinced you need to download this app by now, let me make one final appeal. If you are a gamer, you need this app. You need it because that Halo : Reach trailer only gets better with double-digit viewing. You need it because the Lions sure aren't going to make it to the Super Bowl in real life any time soon. And if nothing else, you need it so you will know Cops is on for 2 straight hours tonight. G4 has taken the time to show every other gaming press organization how it's done, and you really should check it out if you have any interest in gaming. So, get to the downloading! [AppBrain]

chart

Android App Market Link

[h1]Not Sure if want[/h1]

It's been looking hella laggy on every demo they've put out.

But here's hoping to a decent Photoshop app with layers, not like the crappy iPad one.

I'd be set with just an Adobe Air Illustrator app. PicSay Pro is already amazing at altering colors and images...
[h1]Adobe AIR coming to Android in Q4 2010[/h1]

Adobe this morning at the Flash Summit in San Francisco let it be known that Adobe AIR 2.5 will be available in the foruth quarter of 2010.
"The 2.x line has been about taking this broader," Adobe said. "AIR is about building applications."

Adobe isn't yet ready to announce how AIR will be distributed -- whether it will be OTA updates, or preinstalled on devices, but announcements are very much possible at its upcoming MAX conference.

[h1]Not Sure if want[/h1]

It's been looking hella laggy on every demo they've put out.

But here's hoping to a decent Photoshop app with layers, not like the crappy iPad one.

I'd be set with just an Adobe Air Illustrator app. PicSay Pro is already amazing at altering colors and images...
[h1]Adobe AIR coming to Android in Q4 2010[/h1]

Adobe this morning at the Flash Summit in San Francisco let it be known that Adobe AIR 2.5 will be available in the foruth quarter of 2010.
"The 2.x line has been about taking this broader," Adobe said. "AIR is about building applications."

Adobe isn't yet ready to announce how AIR will be distributed -- whether it will be OTA updates, or preinstalled on devices, but announcements are very much possible at its upcoming MAX conference.

Some must have apps IMO.

Word Feud Free
chart

Awesome Scrabble App, has a chat feature too.

Touiteur (Twitter)
chart

Good Twitter App, only con is that you need to pay for it to use widgets.

LauncherPro
chart

Makes your mobile desktop emulate stock Android. Many different options and choices for your own unique look. Paid version has a few Sense-like widgets.

AppBrain App Market
chart

Lets you back up your downloaded apps and has more features than the Android Market.

HOMERUN BATTLE 3D FREE
chart

Home Run Derby game. really shows off the graphics of your Android phone. Paid version has player editing featues and a few extra game modes.

Some must have apps IMO.

Word Feud Free
chart

Awesome Scrabble App, has a chat feature too.

Touiteur (Twitter)
chart

Good Twitter App, only con is that you need to pay for it to use widgets.

LauncherPro
chart

Makes your mobile desktop emulate stock Android. Many different options and choices for your own unique look. Paid version has a few Sense-like widgets.

AppBrain App Market
chart

Lets you back up your downloaded apps and has more features than the Android Market.

HOMERUN BATTLE 3D FREE
chart

Home Run Derby game. really shows off the graphics of your Android phone. Paid version has player editing featues and a few extra game modes.

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

I can't ever jump onto the Android line... It seems like theres a new phone coming out EVERY DAY.

I'm on Verizon so i'm waiting on the iPhone...I'm over this 'Berry.

i was about to get the Incredible...then the Droid X...then the Droid 2...now I hear about the Droid Pro...and then theres a HTC Sense Android phone with possibly a 2.0Ghz processor on the timeline...
smh.gif

Coming from BB, ANYTHING is a major upgrade over blackberry. Just find one phone you can enjoy for the next 2 years.

If you're on Sprint, I'd suggest the Evo. Hands down, best phone I've ever had.

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

I can't ever jump onto the Android line... It seems like theres a new phone coming out EVERY DAY.

I'm on Verizon so i'm waiting on the iPhone...I'm over this 'Berry.

i was about to get the Incredible...then the Droid X...then the Droid 2...now I hear about the Droid Pro...and then theres a HTC Sense Android phone with possibly a 2.0Ghz processor on the timeline...
smh.gif

Coming from BB, ANYTHING is a major upgrade over blackberry. Just find one phone you can enjoy for the next 2 years.

If you're on Sprint, I'd suggest the Evo. Hands down, best phone I've ever had.

Back
Top Bottom