• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
welp, dropped and shattered my N5 screen yesterday. it's still operational but it disgusts me everytime i use it. probably will be switching back to my i5 until I get it fixed

The market will always dictate the price n the cell game. They charge alot sure but its obv worth it for their customers... We pay it. Theres no shortage of other options like the cable comps either.

Last edited:
Im having an issue with showbox on my s5..it works on Wi-Fi..but whenever I get off Wi-Fi it keeps giving me a network error message and won't play anything..

Ive tried the whole clear cache/data thing already.

The market will always dictate the price n the cell game. They charge alot sure but its obv worth it for their customers... We pay it. Theres no shortage of other options like the cable comps either.
If actually is worth it is all debatable and lies in the pocket of the person paying the bill. Is there coverage great? Sure it is, but you know what, for the price I was paying and my friends with AT&T have LTE coverage everywhere I am as well (and their speed test results are higher than mine at that), I cannot justify the high pricing and lack phones. Luckily for me though, I live fairly close to the I-95 corridor, so coverage is good for me all the time due to that. The only time I really notice a difference in coverage, is when we go out to the country and visit grandparents and stuff. I will say, that is where VZW is still killing it. They are in those small/rural areas that nobody else is, but even then, it isn't enough for me to want to pay those prices.

Yes, I am saying lack of phones. I know some of you don't feel that way, but whether it is not being able to use the Nexus phones the way they were meant to be on VZW (had a Galaxy Nexus with horrible battery), having to wait 3,4,5+ months sometimes to get a phone after T-Mo, AT&T, AND Sprint have released the same phone, just to go through their "extra" testing, or even the fact that you can't even consider buying and using the OPO phone deters me. I still remember when the HTC One X came out and I wanted to try it and VZW never carried it. They would always come with some BS "Droid" branded phone instead to try and get people to use. Not to mention how late they were to the iPhone game, but they do have it now, so I didn't include that. They don't have the LG G Flex, the Samsung Zoom/Active line of phones, and I know a few others that I am forgetting right now.

Some quick comparison shots between the iphone 4s, htc one (m7) and OPO.

Coming from a Htc One M7 this OPO is a beast. I did not download the 4.4.4 update so I don't have any battery issues and I'm constantly getting at least 24-30 hours standby with 4-5 1/2 hours on screen time. I usually end up charging the phone with about 20% battery left and charging the phone goes by alot faster than the M7. The phone allows you to customize everything you can think of even down to the light colors of your notifications and battery. I played with the LG G3 in the store and will admit that phone does feel better in hand but I like the build more of the OPO. I also noticed that the camera on the LG G3 focuses alot faster than the OPO but I still haven't really played with all of the settings of the OPO camera as of yet. Had the phone for a little over a week now and have no complaints. If I get an OPO invite I'll let you guys know just like the homie @DON RAMON did for me.

G3 fit a huge screen in a compact body.. props to them I liked how it felt as well. It also has a faster focus cause of the laser focus in the back. Out the box the OPO is 10x smoother though, no random lag spikes that some folks in here were talking about.. even when I played with it in the store I noticed some just scrolling around and going through menus and settings. Still like the G3 though I'm sure that lag can be fixed removing a lot of the bloat. I'm good with my OPO tho, getting too much for the small cost.

Last edited:
Looks like alot of cats in this thread are hopping on the Oneplus One bandwagon. Welcome to the club brehs
pimp.gif

Has anyone tried the clear image option on the OPO camera yet?

Last edited:
Couldn't get that One Plus Rom to work but I'm on CM 11 right now with that Android L theme that was posted a whole back. Hoping for better battery life

Please respond back, hoping for a better alternative too for my N5
First full day on it, got 4 hours out of it. I never get as high as people on xda claim. I'm also getting system ui crashes

Last edited:
Is there not yet a way to root Samsung Galazy Note 2 on the 4.4.2 build? Seems there are actually plenty of undelete programs that might be able to recover my deleted txt messages (figured it would be, it's still memory so it'd be just like how it operates on a computer hard drive) and other files but they all require root and none are freeware. I'm willing to pay though, just can't get my phone rooted

Just did the ota tmobile 4.4.3 update for my one m8

It seems a tad more snappier and there's not a file manager app. Hopefully battery life will be better

Any of you guys have a Harman kardon m8? Can't seem to get s-off with firewater. Gives me a it's not compatible with my device error and no matter what I do it won't work not to email them or ask for an update developer seems like an *******.

Last edited:

Couldn't get that One Plus Rom to work but I'm on CM 11 right now with that Android L theme that was posted a whole back. Hoping for better battery life
Please respond back, hoping for a better alternative too for my N5
First full day on it, got 4 hours out of it. I never get as high as people on xda claim. I'm also getting system ui crashes

@rillo561  DONT DO IT BREH. I woke up this morning and my phone was acting super strange. System UI crashes no matter what app I opened. I went back to the stock rom, but running ElementalX as opposed to Franco Kernel so lets see what happens

What I don't get is why would this, what I assume is just a opo theme increase battery life or ost? Is it not just a cm 11 ROM? Wouldn't cm 11 give the same statistics or do other things change with the file that gets flashed?

Only curious because I haven't found a good aosp ROM for the vzw G2 and was considering this.

What I don't get is why would this, what I assume is just a opo theme increase battery life or ost? Is it not just a cm 11 ROM? Wouldn't cm 11 give the same statistics or do other things change with the file that gets flashed?

Only curious because I haven't found a good aosp ROM for the vzw G2 and was considering this.
I was thinking the same thing. I just wanted to use the specific rom that people were claiming brought them that kind of battery life. When it wouldnt flash I just tried CM11 and got like 30 more minutes of OST but thats not worth all the issues I ran into whilst using it.

After rocking a shattered screen for two months, I'll be receiving my N3 tomorrow.

Is there a OPO Rom for the T-Mob variant? I'm considering just paying this phone off then copping a OPO in the coming months...

Drive 5 miles down the road do another test and give me the results with Sprint :lol:

Those numbers are impressive though :nthat:
:lol: I'm right by fort Lauderdale beach so my service is great right now. Once I go inside my house I can't even make calls unless I'm on WiFi calling :Rollin

Back
Top Bottom