Wale officially signed with Rick Ross's Maybach Music Group

I think this is a good move for him though.....He performs well on down south beats.

I think this is a good move for him though.....He performs well on down south beats.

Originally Posted by Napoleon

I dont even know Wale's lane anymore.

This
Saw this yesterday and I will say the same thing here that I said on twitter...

self-proclaimed 6th man on Interscope > just another dude in MMG.....

This does make me question what exactly Wale's label situations are looking like... I mean is Roc Nation still gonna manage? What ever happened to the Allido/ Interscope deal.... Hell is Wale even Interscope anymore?... I can't see them dropping Folarin after 'No Hands' dude is finally getting some decent buzz....

Originally Posted by Napoleon

I dont even know Wale's lane anymore.

This
Saw this yesterday and I will say the same thing here that I said on twitter...

self-proclaimed 6th man on Interscope > just another dude in MMG.....

This does make me question what exactly Wale's label situations are looking like... I mean is Roc Nation still gonna manage? What ever happened to the Allido/ Interscope deal.... Hell is Wale even Interscope anymore?... I can't see them dropping Folarin after 'No Hands' dude is finally getting some decent buzz....

Isn't he also affiliated with Lupe's All City Chess Club? Now that he's on MM, does he still get affiliated with Roc Nation? What good did Roc Nation do for him anyway? Could the whole Cudi thing have anything to do with this?

I don't know how these label affiliating works, my bad
frown.gif

Isn't he also affiliated with Lupe's All City Chess Club? Now that he's on MM, does he still get affiliated with Roc Nation? What good did Roc Nation do for him anyway? Could the whole Cudi thing have anything to do with this?

I don't know how these label affiliating works, my bad
frown.gif

mixtape wise, I felt he was kinda like a Wiz/Currensy without the wit or passion of Drake or J.Cole or KRIT... essentially... a rapper for distinct fans. Not really going anywhere. His debut was pretty damn good if you ask me considering it for what it was but it was just pretty unpromoted. THen he hops on a few down south songs, flexes on those beats a bit more and I'm thinking... ok... it sounds cool but I hope this is a phase. I love southern music more than anything, i just want that lyrical muscle being flexed from dude. Then his BIGGEST song is a song he does with two guys who randomly skyrockets... no hate cause I love the song. But now...its like if I hear something, I dont know if wale will be on it its just really wierd. I went from being a big fan mixtape wise to kinda not really caring about anything he puts out. I dont even know what he raps about anymore. Even the greats in this game have some redeeming story quality that keeps fans coming back... I dont know about dude... especially when his flow gets seemingly worse with all the syllable cramming he does. smh.

someone add to or debate what i've said... i'm working through this... lol.

mixtape wise, I felt he was kinda like a Wiz/Currensy without the wit or passion of Drake or J.Cole or KRIT... essentially... a rapper for distinct fans. Not really going anywhere. His debut was pretty damn good if you ask me considering it for what it was but it was just pretty unpromoted. THen he hops on a few down south songs, flexes on those beats a bit more and I'm thinking... ok... it sounds cool but I hope this is a phase. I love southern music more than anything, i just want that lyrical muscle being flexed from dude. Then his BIGGEST song is a song he does with two guys who randomly skyrockets... no hate cause I love the song. But now...its like if I hear something, I dont know if wale will be on it its just really wierd. I went from being a big fan mixtape wise to kinda not really caring about anything he puts out. I dont even know what he raps about anymore. Even the greats in this game have some redeeming story quality that keeps fans coming back... I dont know about dude... especially when his flow gets seemingly worse with all the syllable cramming he does. smh.

someone add to or debate what i've said... i'm working through this... lol.

wale just need to stop makin that typical lyrical rapper music all the time... more no hands type flow... he'll be aight tho...

wale just need to stop makin that typical lyrical rapper music all the time... more no hands type flow... he'll be aight tho...

Originally Posted by Im Not You

/\ That's not Wale's song tho.

I know this. But it's the biggest record he's been on i think. And it sounds nothing like the gabage he put out solo.

I know this. But it's the biggest record he's been on i think. And it sounds nothing like the gabage he put out solo.

Originally Posted by illphillip

this... not sayin his other %$*# is trash but songs like this will help him out a lot more than the stuff he normally makes...

Originally Posted by illphillip

this... not sayin his other %$*# is trash but songs like this will help him out a lot more than the stuff he normally makes...

This is either a good or bad look....like the dude in the other page said....I really dont know what lane wale is on...

Hope this downsouth Roscoe Waka music making etc etc...is just a phase...and he starts making some great music with ross

This is either a good or bad look....like the dude in the other page said....I really dont know what lane wale is on...

Hope this downsouth Roscoe Waka music making etc etc...is just a phase...and he starts making some great music with ross

Im just as lost as to how this is gonna work as everyone else....but i hope it does....i liked Attention Deficit

also
eek.gif
@ Meek on MMG....he's not gonna sign though
laugh.gif

Im just as lost as to how this is gonna work as everyone else....but i hope it does....i liked Attention Deficit

also
eek.gif
@ Meek on MMG....he's not gonna sign though
laugh.gif

Man No Hands did big things for Wale. I got folks who listen to only Wayne, Jeezy and Gucci hitting me up talking about "that boy Wale can spit. He got flows." So if they capitalize off that it's gonna be a good look for Wale

Man No Hands did big things for Wale. I got folks who listen to only Wayne, Jeezy and Gucci hitting me up talking about "that boy Wale can spit. He got flows." So if they capitalize off that it's gonna be a good look for Wale

Back
Top Bottom