Wale officially signed with Rick Ross's Maybach Music Group

Originally Posted by Napoleon

I dont know if wale will be on it its just really wierd. I went from being a big fan mixtape wise to kinda not really caring about anything he puts out. I dont even know what he raps about anymore. Even the greats in this game have some redeeming story quality that keeps fans coming back... I dont know about dude... especially when his flow gets seemingly worse with all the syllable cramming he does.

This as bad as this sounds I went from excited about Back to the Feature to nonchalant about More About Nothing (as great as ppl say the mixtape is I still am)

lol @ Harm in these Wale threads.

Rosay goin do the same thing RocNation did for him, nothing.

Nike Boots was dope, tho
laugh.gif

Nike Boots was dope, tho
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MoNeyLiCiouS

Nike Boots was dope, tho
laugh.gif

Aye Man , I have tone down the slander dramatically 
laugh.gif

Should proud of my maturity ....

Originally Posted by MoNeyLiCiouS

Nike Boots was dope, tho
laugh.gif

Aye Man , I have tone down the slander dramatically 
laugh.gif

Should proud of my maturity ....

This is a HUGE look for Wale...Ross'll get him out there no doubt. Just the fact that Ross was able to DROP that Triple C's album with NO BUZZ AT ALL other than his name, he definitely gon be able to do something with Wale, who already has a decent fanbase.

This is a HUGE look for Wale...Ross'll get him out there no doubt. Just the fact that Ross was able to DROP that Triple C's album with NO BUZZ AT ALL other than his name, he definitely gon be able to do something with Wale, who already has a decent fanbase.

Originally Posted by tjrozario

i thought you needed a maybach to be part of MMG

Well I'll let that slide... but on MAYBACH MUSIC Vol 1-3, why/how did they let Jadakiss on? 
roll.gif

30t6p3b.gif
Thing is his maybach money is tied up in cassies crotch while shes lying on diddy's bed...

Originally Posted by tjrozario

i thought you needed a maybach to be part of MMG

Well I'll let that slide... but on MAYBACH MUSIC Vol 1-3, why/how did they let Jadakiss on? 
roll.gif

30t6p3b.gif
Thing is his maybach money is tied up in cassies crotch while shes lying on diddy's bed...

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Originally Posted by Smyrthil

why leave ROC Nation?

Not even a Wale fan, but what did Roc Nation ever do for him?
Once again, he's managed by Roc Nation. He's not on the actual label. The only people on the actual label are Jay-Z, J.Cole, Willow Smith and some other no names.

Roc Nation manages Wale, Mark Ronson, Melanie Fiona, Rihanna, NO I.D, The Ting Tings and some other artists.

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Originally Posted by Smyrthil

why leave ROC Nation?

Not even a Wale fan, but what did Roc Nation ever do for him?
Once again, he's managed by Roc Nation. He's not on the actual label. The only people on the actual label are Jay-Z, J.Cole, Willow Smith and some other no names.

Roc Nation manages Wale, Mark Ronson, Melanie Fiona, Rihanna, NO I.D, The Ting Tings and some other artists.

Originally Posted by North Dade Represent

Wale on Justice League beats?

Has potential.

...for him to poop on.

Wale has very few GOOD SONGS. I listen to Wale if i want to hear bars and some average metaphors. Dude can't change his flow up or even make a song...more of a SONG and less of a rapper rapping on top of a dope beat. Songs with chants and call and responses and vibes that feel complete are few and far in between from him. Look at 100 Miles and Running. A lot of that tape worked so well because he meshed with the music and treated every beat kinda differently... like he was actually an artist.

What i've come to realize is that good rappers... rap. Good artists create moments on tracks that listeners connect with. Theres probably a reason you can recite a Drake or Dom or Kanye or even maybe a Cudi VERSE over a Cole, Wale or Kendrick Lamar verse. Taking or adding nothing away from those guys, I'm just saying that there is a clear understanding of why they're in the position they're in. Hell use that thinking and apply it to Hov and Nas.

PS...doesn't it suck when you sign a deal to elevate your career and everyone is kinda like "?????"
eyes.gif
+
laugh.gif
+
30t6p3b.gif
... HELL..even my man was in the studio with him in Atlanta and said dude is a corny %*+ lame. Of course his persona has nothing to do with the outcome of his music but it sure as hell influences it.

Originally Posted by North Dade Represent

Wale on Justice League beats?

Has potential.

...for him to poop on.

Wale has very few GOOD SONGS. I listen to Wale if i want to hear bars and some average metaphors. Dude can't change his flow up or even make a song...more of a SONG and less of a rapper rapping on top of a dope beat. Songs with chants and call and responses and vibes that feel complete are few and far in between from him. Look at 100 Miles and Running. A lot of that tape worked so well because he meshed with the music and treated every beat kinda differently... like he was actually an artist.

What i've come to realize is that good rappers... rap. Good artists create moments on tracks that listeners connect with. Theres probably a reason you can recite a Drake or Dom or Kanye or even maybe a Cudi VERSE over a Cole, Wale or Kendrick Lamar verse. Taking or adding nothing away from those guys, I'm just saying that there is a clear understanding of why they're in the position they're in. Hell use that thinking and apply it to Hov and Nas.

PS...doesn't it suck when you sign a deal to elevate your career and everyone is kinda like "?????"
eyes.gif
+
laugh.gif
+
30t6p3b.gif
... HELL..even my man was in the studio with him in Atlanta and said dude is a corny %*+ lame. Of course his persona has nothing to do with the outcome of his music but it sure as hell influences it.

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

grin.gif
don't really see this helping Wale much, I bet we gonna hear more tough talk from him tho
laugh.gif
he needs it...he KNOWS his best look is with da hood N_s (look at no hands)  and rick ross is a low key sneaker geek...

wale congrats
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

grin.gif
don't really see this helping Wale much, I bet we gonna hear more tough talk from him tho
laugh.gif
he needs it...he KNOWS his best look is with da hood N_s (look at no hands)  and rick ross is a low key sneaker geek...

wale congrats
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Remi23

I dont even know Wale's lane anymore.
we UNDERSTAND THIS....but da look he got on it was better then anything he's done by his lonesome...and it wasn't even his fault...no direction with him when

it comes to da higher ups.

Originally Posted by Remi23

I dont even know Wale's lane anymore.
we UNDERSTAND THIS....but da look he got on it was better then anything he's done by his lonesome...and it wasn't even his fault...no direction with him when

it comes to da higher ups.

Back
Top Bottom