Walmart security guard shoots 'shoplifting' mother dead in parking lot as she tries to escape with t

You should add in the title "while trying to run over a deputy sheriff".
should also add PASSENGER too then.

And yea he was an off cuty cop, but "rent a cops" in the South carry heat too. I don't know if they're licensed, company issued, and allowed to or if they bring it from home (some cases I think the latter, like dude atthe supermarket is packin' around my way), but it's certainly not a rarity.

Texas has a terrible and well earned reputation with these sorts of racial justice and overreactions anyways. Let's not forget this is the same state that attempted to imprison a 14 year old for 7 yrs for shoving aside her teacher. You hate to be "that guy," all the time, but the race angle is undeniable.

The murder was not justifiable. you cant shoot a person with there back turned to you.  Walmart doesnt have a damn thing worth stealing let alone taking a life for.

That cop should be tried and convicted for murder. And attempted murder for every human that was in that vehicle.

And yea he was an off cuty cop, but "rent a cops" in the South carry heat too. I don't know if they're licensed, company issued, and allowed to or if they bring it from home (some cases I think the latter, like dude atthe supermarket is packin' around my way), but it's certainly not a rarity.
Texas has a terrible and well earned reputation with these sorts of racial justice and overreactions anyways. Let's not forget this is the same state that attempted to imprison a 14 year old for 7 yrs for shoving aside her teacher. You hate to be "that guy," all the time, but the race angle is undeniable.

i dont think you do hate being "that guy" ... Its always race...not somebody doing something they had no business doing. It always seems to be (not with just you but anybody who loves to pull the race card) "he was a good boy...he didnt get shot for robbin somebodys house...its cuz he was black/brown/latino" etc... its played

Last edited by a moderator:
if you think her race had nothing to do with this you're being ignorant

if you're attempting to justify shooting someone for stealing from WAL-MART you're a scumbag

Maybe im reading this wrong or something. It says he was an OFF-DUTY Sheriff who works SECURITY at Wal-Mart. So it sounds to me like the Wal-Mart gig was his part time job or something which makes his Sheriff status null in void. So he shouldve been follwoing the same rules as and Wal-Mart security guard correct? Again I may be wrong but thats my take on this. He was in plain clothes correct? I just don't see how any1 can say it was justified even if he was on duty.

Maybe im reading this wrong or something. It says he was an OFF-DUTY Sheriff who works SECURITY at Wal-Mart. So it sounds to me like the Wal-Mart gig was his part time job or something which makes his Sheriff status null in void. So he shouldve been follwoing the same rules as and Wal-Mart security guard correct? Again I may be wrong but thats my take on this. He was in plain clothes correct? I just don't see how any1 can say it was justified even if he was on duty.

My man, read the article before posting, it's ALL there.

This thread exploded since yesterday. Not surprised. I'm not even going to read the 20+ pages to catch up.

Although she's dead, the victim and her cohorts brought this upon themselves. This wasn't a rent a cop, this was an officer in uniform that identified himself and ordered them to stop. Instead, they escalate the situation by striking him then attempting to run him down with their car. They obviously weren't thinking about safety as they used two children as a part of their plan. Sucks that she's dead, but this could have all been avoided by stopping the first time. Was it worth it for a few hundred bucks in merchandise?

Wal-Mart isn't the only franchise store to use armed officers. Here in NYC, the Macy's on 34th Street had a cop moonlight as security in the urbanwear section for a while. Don't know if they still do as I don't shop in that section anymore.

Last edited:
Question on LP dudes in stores: When exactly are they suppose to stop a thief? You guys are saying that once a thief leaves the store, LP can't go after them. But the thing is, do they stop the thieves when they see the person stuffing items into their bag or what? If they stop the thief when the person is putting the item in their bag, can't the thief say he was going to pay for it up front and put it in his bag because he was getting other stuff that he wouldn't have been able to hold all in his hands?

A lot of race cards being thrown in this thread , lol .

lol @ people in here defending ratchet behavior , that's the main reason why they carry guns on that side of town .

Last edited:
Something similar happened a few weeks ago .

Them Texas security guards don't mess around .

Her being black was the least of the reasons why she was shot.
The cop was obviously crazy. The woman was obviously crazy. When you get two crazy people in a situation this volatile making all the wrong moves, something like this is bound to happen no matter the race of those involved.
if race has nothing to do with it please show me some instances where a white woman was stealing and eluded the cops... and the cop shot her with the intentions to kill. unless you are suggesting that a instance like this has never happen in the history of mankind of a white woman stealing and fighting off the cops....

i dont think you do hate being "that guy" ... Its always race...not somebody doing something they had no business doing. It always seems to be (not with just you but anybody who loves to pull the race card) "he was a good boy...he didnt get shot for robbin somebodys house...its cuz he was black/brown/latino" etc... its played
Right, it's not like Texas ever had to form a coalition to go back and review and toss out past verdicts where overwhelmingly minority convicts were oversentenced or sentenced with little to no evidence. How many black people have been exonerrated after sentencing due to DNA evidence again, sometimes even posthumously after serving life sentences? http://www.innocenceproject.org/know

Last edited:
Something similar happened a few weeks ago .

Them Texas security guards don't mess around .

as easy as it was for you to google and find this video please show me one similiar with a white women and a white officer was shooting to killl... surely evading/eluding the cops is something that is exclusively to minorities....

as easy as it was for you to google and find this video please show me one similiar with a white women and a white officer was shooting to killl... surely evading/eluding the cops is something that is exclusively to minorities....
The dude shooting is Hispanic .

Right, it's not like Texas ever had to form a coalition to go back and review and toss out past verdicts where overwhelmingly minority convicts were oversentenced or sentenced with little to no evidence. How many black people have been exonerrated after sentencing due to DNA evidence again, sometimes even posthumously after serving life sentences? http://www.innocenceproject.org/

verdicts get overturned all the time for all races. our justice system is far from perfect. oj simpson was acquitted of murder but hes white right? .... oh wait. try again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Right, it's not like Texas ever had to form a coalition to go back and review and toss out past verdicts where overwhelmingly minority convicts were oversentenced or sentenced with little to no evidence. How many black people have been exonerrated after sentencing due to DNA evidence again, sometimes even posthumously after serving life sentences? http://www.innocenceproject.org/
exactly ppl always say it has nothing to do with race yet have 0 evidence to support that it happens with anyone who isnt a minority...If it truely isnt about race and things like this happen across the board... where is the evidence to show this.... to say something isnt based on minorities and then your selling arguments are all examples including minorities... if anything further proves the other parties point.

The dude shooting is Hispanic .
um ok lol..... which i said minority i said an instance of a WHITE officer and a white women.......so to prove a point that this isnt a race/minority thing you went from black to hispanic....

ps....hispanics are considered minorities in this country and not viewed as white

Last edited:

How about an article, claiming, essentially the same thing as the Wal Mart incident.
that the security guard was.............fearing for his life......................as the vehicle sped AWAY from him.

http://www.khou.com/news/Online-vid...ity-guards-opening-fire-on-car-175722471.html

by Kevin Reece / KHOU 11 News

khou.com

Posted on October 24, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Updated Wednesday, Oct 24 at 10:32 PM

HOUSTON – Criminal charges have not been filed against two private security guards despite cell phone video that shows them firing their guns at a vehicle speeding away from a northwest Houston parking lot, police said.

Police said that criminal charges against them have not been recommended.

The video, shot on September 22nd at a strip mall located at 10510 Northwest Freeway, shows private security guards trying to make patrons leave a restaurant at 1 a.m. Both the customers and the security guards exchanged expletives.

A worker at MX Bar said the men were fighting inside the restaurant and that private security guards hired by the restaurant were just trying to make them leave.

But as one of the vehicles backs out of a parking space it hits another vehicle. On the video you can hear one of the private security guards, identified by Houston police as employees of Worldwide Security and Investigations, ordering the driver to get out of the vehicle. Instead it speeds away and, according to police, both security guards open fire shooting several times as the vehicle races through the parking lot.

No one was injured, but the security guards were reportedly fired from their restaurant assignment the next day.

Houston police confirmed that their officers were called to the scene and that they did take statements from the security guards and from the customers involved. The security guards said they were in fear of their lives as the vehicle sped away and that they believed one of the people in the car was reaching for a gun. But police said the customers who returned to file a police report were reportedly heavily intoxicated and were unable to clearly describe what happened.

Now, a month later, the police investigation is still open, but charges have not been recommended against the security guards.

A representative for Worldwide Security and Investigations could not be reached for comment.

Its a damn shame when a Walmart security guard has the power to discharge a weapon and kill someone. Regardless if he is an off duty cop.

To my knowledge once they leave the brick and mortar walls they are to be handled by the cops. I used to work LP at Best Buy a few years ago and please believe we had cameras at multiple angles to get a CLEAR visual of the plates, cops could have apprehended them at their home/on the freeway/at McDonald's whatever.

All that being said, Woman was an idiot for stealing, then trying to run over someone, and also involving her children. Scum Bag Sally right there. Still didn't deserve to die over some lip gloss.

why dont you find an example of a white woman stealing, being stopped by a cop, then assaulting him and then trying to flee and was allowed to live?

All he had to do was walk behind them and write down their plate number. case closed. There were 3 fat women and 2 kids how hard would it have been to keep up with them? plus they were dumb petty theives so they would of been back within a week if not the next damn day.smh

There is soooo much wrong with this situation.

I hope walmart gets sued and her kids are compensated to allow them to get through the burden of losing a mother to a senseless act of violence.

Back
Top Bottom