Wanna Be Rappers Plaguing My City FML When A Dream Becomes A Dream?

Originally Posted by 51and3rd

Didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings. Like I said I respect all hustle but like someone mentioned above, I have friends who are wasting a great amount of their lives pursuing a "dream". Can you imagine how many potential great minds are lost tryna pursue million to one odds at a critical time in their life. 23ish-28ish is where your life should start to piece together. I like to live in reality.

I see what you are saying.

But can you imagine how many great minds were lost because they "lived in reality" and didn't chase their "dream" because it was unlikely  (I am not just talking about music)

In that case any successful man or woman.. Let's just say for example Barack Obama, if he just lived in "reality" and stopped chasing his "dream"

Originally Posted by 51and3rd

Didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings. Like I said I respect all hustle but like someone mentioned above, I have friends who are wasting a great amount of their lives pursuing a "dream". Can you imagine how many potential great minds are lost tryna pursue million to one odds at a critical time in their life. 23ish-28ish is where your life should start to piece together. I like to live in reality.

I see what you are saying.

But can you imagine how many great minds were lost because they "lived in reality" and didn't chase their "dream" because it was unlikely  (I am not just talking about music)

In that case any successful man or woman.. Let's just say for example Barack Obama, if he just lived in "reality" and stopped chasing his "dream"

this guy i know just up and decided he wanted to be a rapper one day...

his *@*% is the worst...

this guy i know just up and decided he wanted to be a rapper one day...

his *@*% is the worst...

I know Rilla is going to come in here and do work.
laugh.gif

But anyway, it mos def is a hard task, a struggle. I've doing what I love for years now, getting better and better at my craft. I'm not the up in your face guy that bombards you with CDs or event invitations. I utilize networking skills and connections that I have here and there. I've got where I am via word of mouth or just people generally liking what they hear and asking for more. I agree with you guys, though. I hate hearing music that doesn't really require effort & lacks passion. The ones that are taking the easiest way of getting in, will receive the swiftest exit.

If you ain't got it, you ain't got it, the theory is brilliant.

laugh.gif

But anyway, it mos def is a hard task, a struggle. I've doing what I love for years now, getting better and better at my craft. I'm not the up in your face guy that bombards you with CDs or event invitations. I utilize networking skills and connections that I have here and there. I've got where I am via word of mouth or just people generally liking what they hear and asking for more. I agree with you guys, though. I hate hearing music that doesn't really require effort & lacks passion. The ones that are taking the easiest way of getting in, will receive the swiftest exit.

If you ain't got it, you ain't got it, the theory is brilliant.

Originally Posted by sloanboy

Same goes for chicks here thinking they models..........just because they pay a dude to take pics they think they models smh

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Also, I hate when those dudes come up to me with their CDs, give it to me, talk their talk and then are like ok the CD is 5 bucks. Im not paying 5 bucks for your CD. *%+% is too risky. Ill listen to them no problem, at least give there music a shot, but until they are proven good enough for me to listen to, Im not paying for their *%+%
mad.gif
mad.gif

Originally Posted by sloanboy

Same goes for chicks here thinking they models..........just because they pay a dude to take pics they think they models smh

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Also, I hate when those dudes come up to me with their CDs, give it to me, talk their talk and then are like ok the CD is 5 bucks. Im not paying 5 bucks for your CD. *%+% is too risky. Ill listen to them no problem, at least give there music a shot, but until they are proven good enough for me to listen to, Im not paying for their *%+%
mad.gif
mad.gif

As strange as it sounds, I agree with opinions on people trying to become professional rappers. I can see why people would think it's impossible because the chances are pretty slim, but if you really listen to rap music these days, it's not like people are really doing anything groundbreaking. Most of the stuff you hear on radio sounds like a copy of the song that preceded it, same topics, same style, man even the same words, i'd be damned if I didn't hear the word swag at least 5-10 times a day in rap songs. A dream is a dream, there's plenty of people who dream, but never take the necessary steps to achieve it, everyone has a different situation and a different dream. How is this dream any different than dreams of winning gold at the Olympics or dreams of becoming the next Nino Brown/Scarface/Sosa?

I got to admit, there's a lot of whack rappers out there, im not even hating, they can't stay on beat, they can't develop the idea properly and if that's the case I just keep it moving, maybe somebody else will like it. I think almost every rapper has been in the position where they are subconscious about their music because many of us out here perceive it as whack, but there are people buying these mixtapes and going to their shows. Some don't really have a choice, there was times in my life where I had to do what I did, ended up sitting down for a minute, but that's what i was subjected to and there are others out here that face the same situation, i'm 24 with a criminal record, it's hard to find a job. So any dream they have I say just stay up and grind and if its whack, work harder on their flow, their lyrics, their hooks, no one started out famous and even though there are less refined rappers out there, there's a few good ones waiting to be heard.

As strange as it sounds, I agree with opinions on people trying to become professional rappers. I can see why people would think it's impossible because the chances are pretty slim, but if you really listen to rap music these days, it's not like people are really doing anything groundbreaking. Most of the stuff you hear on radio sounds like a copy of the song that preceded it, same topics, same style, man even the same words, i'd be damned if I didn't hear the word swag at least 5-10 times a day in rap songs. A dream is a dream, there's plenty of people who dream, but never take the necessary steps to achieve it, everyone has a different situation and a different dream. How is this dream any different than dreams of winning gold at the Olympics or dreams of becoming the next Nino Brown/Scarface/Sosa?

I got to admit, there's a lot of whack rappers out there, im not even hating, they can't stay on beat, they can't develop the idea properly and if that's the case I just keep it moving, maybe somebody else will like it. I think almost every rapper has been in the position where they are subconscious about their music because many of us out here perceive it as whack, but there are people buying these mixtapes and going to their shows. Some don't really have a choice, there was times in my life where I had to do what I did, ended up sitting down for a minute, but that's what i was subjected to and there are others out here that face the same situation, i'm 24 with a criminal record, it's hard to find a job. So any dream they have I say just stay up and grind and if its whack, work harder on their flow, their lyrics, their hooks, no one started out famous and even though there are less refined rappers out there, there's a few good ones waiting to be heard.

Delete the fb messages, tell them your not interested in their cd in person, there you go.

Oh, and move out of Ohio. Just saying.

Delete the fb messages, tell them your not interested in their cd in person, there you go.

Oh, and move out of Ohio. Just saying.

Wanna know what's real....?

We're damned if we do and damned if we don't.

Cats complain about the state of the music industry all the time, but then they thumb their nose at the up-n-comers for whatever reason. Especially with rap, there's this attitude of keeping the rich rich and the poor starving. I'm a real +##+$... so I try not to "annoy" people. I like to make music, but I can understand if people don't want it thrown in their face like that. I don't plaster my %%$% on FB walls or overload NT with my promo stuff cuz I'm just a regular dude that raps (really well.. 
grin.gif
).

You know what that's gotten me so far? %%$%. Not a god damn thing.

Everything I have going for me is thanks to my management and street team doing the things you hate. Me? Hell ,I've been trying not to "annoy" people for the last 5 years. I know right. You'd think people would love me. You know what annoys me though? Struggling. I'm annoyed at my dad's huge +!$ nipsco bill every month. I'm annoyed at the housing and job market. So for every 37 people like you that are annoyed by rappers unlike myself -- the ones who actually strive for what they want despite being discouraged EVERY day from doing so -- there's usually one or two people that empathize and respect that it takes a lot of balls to put yourself OUT there.

It's not easy being an entertainer. It's even harder trying to make a break as an entertainer. There are those of us that "Dream" about BET, cars, and chains. I don't have a defense for those types. But for the rest of us that dream about stability by way of using out god given gifts-- you should be more understanding. I mean, I could be robbing you. I really, really could..

with that said...Support real rap..

149211_1524919040589_1163010072_31131097_7677948_n.jpg

Peace. I got a studio session to attend. Ya'll be easy.

Cats complain about the state of the music industry all the time, but then they thumb their nose at the up-n-comers for whatever reason. Especially with rap, there's this attitude of keeping the rich rich and the poor starving. I'm a real +##+$... so I try not to "annoy" people. I like to make music, but I can understand if people don't want it thrown in their face like that. I don't plaster my %%$% on FB walls or overload NT with my promo stuff cuz I'm just a regular dude that raps (really well.. 
grin.gif
).

Everything I have going for me is thanks to my management and street team doing the things you hate. Me? Hell ,I've been trying not to "annoy" people for the last 5 years. I know right. You'd think people would love me. You know what annoys me though? Struggling. I'm annoyed at my dad's huge +!$ nipsco bill every month. I'm annoyed at the housing and job market. So for every 37 people like you that are annoyed by rappers unlike myself -- the ones who actually strive for what they want despite being discouraged EVERY day from doing so -- there's usually one or two people that empathize and respect that it takes a lot of balls to put yourself OUT there.

It's not easy being an entertainer. It's even harder trying to make a break as an entertainer. There are those of us that "Dream" about BET, cars, and chains. I don't have a defense for those types. But for the rest of us that dream about stability by way of using out god given gifts-- you should be more understanding. I mean, I could be robbing you. I really, really could..

this really sounds like some crabs in a bucket $%% .......... I could understand if you're talking about everyone wanting to be a rapper but to just lump in other artistic professions that take constant practice and hard work really comes off as being salty........ and for the record most TALENTED musicians/artists don't break until their mid to late 20s if at all (most of whom are sold as being 21 or 22 $%%)...... .... and i'm not talking about the manufactured "stars" of today ...... so to claim that someone 23 -28 should buckle down and enter the realm of becoming another zombie stuck in a soul killing job ..... all so they could fall in line, again comes off real crabs in a bucket

this really sounds like some crabs in a bucket $%% .......... I could understand if you're talking about everyone wanting to be a rapper but to just lump in other artistic professions that take constant practice and hard work really comes off as being salty........ and for the record most TALENTED musicians/artists don't break until their mid to late 20s if at all (most of whom are sold as being 21 or 22 $%%)...... .... and i'm not talking about the manufactured "stars" of today ...... so to claim that someone 23 -28 should buckle down and enter the realm of becoming another zombie stuck in a soul killing job ..... all so they could fall in line, again comes off real crabs in a bucket

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

Originally Posted by romedadude

"Nowadays everybody wants to be a rapper, about 2 years ago everybody was trapper, obviously money is what everybody's after, cuz slavery ain't changed it's a modern day disaster"

B.o.B

I find it offensive to the rappers who are actually good when I see all these wannabes trying to make it. +*#% really hurts my heart. If these dudes were actually good I wouldn't have a problem, but a lot of the stuff I hear from my Facebook wall and the stuff I'm handed is BASURA!

I'm not the type of person to kill somebody's dream, but if I'm not the one today somebody else will.
agreed...its not the fact that everybody wants to be a rapper just the fact people aren't true to the game like that. I live by this hip hop %+!* and $@$@** act like its just a phase

On the G fam.. I had to come back just to slap that $!#%.
laugh.gif

Aight, peace.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

Originally Posted by romedadude

"Nowadays everybody wants to be a rapper, about 2 years ago everybody was trapper, obviously money is what everybody's after, cuz slavery ain't changed it's a modern day disaster"

B.o.B

I find it offensive to the rappers who are actually good when I see all these wannabes trying to make it. +*#% really hurts my heart. If these dudes were actually good I wouldn't have a problem, but a lot of the stuff I hear from my Facebook wall and the stuff I'm handed is BASURA!

I'm not the type of person to kill somebody's dream, but if I'm not the one today somebody else will.
agreed...its not the fact that everybody wants to be a rapper just the fact people aren't true to the game like that. I live by this hip hop %+!* and $@$@** act like its just a phase

On the G fam.. I had to come back just to slap that $!#%.
laugh.gif

Aight, peace.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by NeptuneBeats187

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Bump..

I'm pretty interested in what the non-rappers have to say on this one.

Originally Posted by NeptuneBeats187

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Bump..

I'm pretty interested in what the non-rappers have to say on this one.

It's everywhere. Thankfully it's calmed down a little bit in Oakland. Back when that hyphy garbage was poppin, EVERY #!@%! ALIVE with dreads and a peacoat swore he was a rapper.

Honestly, nothing is worse than having a homie who makes beats with some cheap $!! program. They always want you to sit around and listen to their 3rd-rate beats they made with the Polow Da Don kit or some other #+#%.

It's everywhere. Thankfully it's calmed down a little bit in Oakland. Back when that hyphy garbage was poppin, EVERY #!@%! ALIVE with dreads and a peacoat swore he was a rapper.

Honestly, nothing is worse than having a homie who makes beats with some cheap $!! program. They always want you to sit around and listen to their 3rd-rate beats they made with the Polow Da Don kit or some other #+#%.

Originally Posted by Murda He

grin.gif
).

the reason why you aint blew up cuz

1. you aint got lucky enough to get seen...

2. you not that good of a rapper...

going big in rtap is like going big to the nba... i mean... talent can only get you so far... exposure, knowing the right people, being in the right  situation...

Back
Top Bottom