[| -- Was brought up on PTI: Kobe Bryant's Trademark Yes or No? THE SCOWL -- |]

Kobe was quoted as saying he got the scowl from his mom....if it was an inherited trait, why are we only seeing it now? Personally, I think it looksretarded....I would like to say he's doing it subconsciously, but that +*@% looks so pre-meditated and orchestrated that it's humorous....

*I haven't given it much thought, but how many times has Kobe made this face? One time, or more than that???

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Since Kobe is the Black Mamba and all, this should be his trademark
laugh.gif

6zwsxt.jpg
He makes that face before he sprays in your face.
laugh.gif

After readinf the interrogation transcript earlier today, we're talking basketball right?
nerd.gif

And Kobe does this scowl a couple of times in the playoffs and all of a sudden he does it more often that KG
roll.gif

sorta corny considering he's a great player and 13 years into his career he starts doing this corny crap

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Kobe was quoted as saying he got the scowl from his mom....if it was an inherited trait, why are we only seeing it now? Personally, I think it looks ******ed....I would like to say he's doing it subconsciously, but that +*@% looks so pre-meditated and orchestrated that it's humorous....

*I haven't given it much thought, but how many times has Kobe made this face? One time, or more than that???

Ok, I got ya. If he claimin that look is a family trait or some sh*^, that's dumb. I just hadn't heard that it was so widespread as what ESPN ismakin it out to be.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by doyung9

Oh no doubt he wasn't foolin with Mamba, but what is this with the "trademark" scowl? He file a pattent or something? I just thought it was some tough guy look after a bucket, why all the segments, and shows on this one look? Has he done it again since that one?

Again, kid can't move without every damn one of us wondering, why he do that, what that mean, is this real, he do that on purpose........I mean damn. Can't hug his kids without questions. Can't mug on camera without national attention.
laugh.gif
because he does it constantly. he's worse than KG. WORSE.

eek.gif
roll.gif

What the hell you smokin cuz? Kobe get down on all fours and bang on the court like that? Dude bark like a damn dog? Anything posssssssssssibbbbbbblllllllleeeeeeeee like KG? Bang his head on the stantion? KG friggin talks about his "passion" in press conferences.

Kobe made a face.

He made a face.

If he starts doin commercials with it, does gatorade adds, talks about it in pressers, starts pickin on little latin players, then I'll listen to you. Til then, go on with that nonsense. KG be doin muggin in a suit on the damn bench for Chirst's sakes.
laugh.gif
Your argument would have some validity, except you're trying to put KG's antics at 100 on a scale of 0-10 and put Kobe's at -4.You're the one whose out of his mind if you think it's "just a face"...

Every time he makes a shot, passes the ball, rebounds the ball, etc.... he performs a over exaggerated underbite manuever.

I'll be the first to admit KG is all over the place with his behavior. But Kobe did not... "just make a face".

And he didn't just start doing this either... so don't come with that.

laugh.gif
This is nothing new. Kobe's always made funny faces during games when he's in a scoring zone. If it effects people that much you people need toget a life.

Oh no doubt he wasn't foolin with Mamba, but what is this with the "trademark" scowl? He file a pattent or something? I just thought it was some tough guy look after a bucket, why all the segments, and shows on this one look? Has he done it again since that one?

Again, kid can't move without every damn one of us wondering, why he do that, what that mean, is this real, he do that on purpose........I mean damn. Can't hug his kids without questions. Can't mug on camera without national attention.
laugh.gif

eek.gif
roll.gif

What the hell you smokin cuz? Kobe get down on all fours and bang on the court like that? Dude bark like a damn dog? Anything posssssssssssibbbbbbblllllllleeeeeeeee like KG? Bang his head on the stantion? KG friggin talks about his "passion" in press conferences.

Kobe made a face.

He made a face.

If he starts doin commercials with it, does gatorade adds, talks about it in pressers, starts pickin on little latin players, then I'll listen to you. Til then, go on with that nonsense. KG be doin muggin in a suit on the damn bench for Chirst's sakes.
laugh.gif
Your argument would have some validity, except you're trying to put KG's antics at 100 on a scale of 0-10 and put Kobe's at -4. You're the one whose out of his mind if you think it's "just a face"...

Every time he makes a shot, passes the ball, rebounds the ball, etc.... he performs a over exaggerated underbite manuever.

I'll be the first to admit KG is all over the place with his behavior. But Kobe did not... "just make a face".

And he didn't just start doing this either... so don't come with that.
Exactly. KG has been intense since his days in Minnesota, Kobe just picked up the routine.

I have no dislike for Kobe, it's just stuff like this is painfully forced and fake. It's why I never understood how he could be people's favoriteplayer, skill notwithstanding.

I almost feel embarrassed for him a lot of the time.

Originally Posted by solesavage

Originally Posted by LifeLessons

sorta corny considering he's a great player and 13 years into his career he starts doing this corny crap
Who was it on PTI that said it was corny? Tony? I forgot.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Right. Showing signs of intensity and that you actually give a $%#@ are wrong. Shame on Kobe for making faces. He should just score his points and roboticallyturn around.

Hes actually done it more than once in more than one game.

If he sticks to it... meh...

I mean he took Mikes walk..Fist pump and changes the way he talks every few years... so maybe he's still finding himself..lol

laugh.gif

Came to say the same thing...How come Kobe can make stupid and ridiculous ugly faces and get praise, and the same people (probably same people in this thread)hate KG for, among other things, the same thing. Stupidness
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Al3xis

I have no dislike for Kobe, it's just stuff like this is painfully forced and fake. It's why I never understood how he could be people's favorite player, skill notwithstanding.

so in the middle of a game he is forcing and faking this scowl? YA OK

Originally Posted by RockDeep

Hes actually done it more than once in more than one game.

If he sticks to it... meh...

I mean he took Mikes walk..Fist pump and changes the way he talks every few years... so maybe he's still finding himself..lol
man so many people are gonna be salty if the lakers win two more games
awesome
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by Al3xis

I have no dislike for Kobe, it's just stuff like this is painfully forced and fake. It's why I never understood how he could be people's favorite player, skill notwithstanding.

so in the middle of a game he is forcing and faking this scowl? YA OK
when it comes outa nowhere 13 years in, it doesn't seem too natural to me.

KG'S actually one of my favorite players because of his intensity..

KOBE knows hes close to #4 and his intensity is just showing in a crazy way...

He has to know that hes one of the most hated athletes ever, he wants to prove a lotta people wrong.

Back
Top Bottom