was this racist or am i reaching.

im at work about to assist this lady and she goes "has anyone ever told you that you look like Barack Obama?" (I look nothing like him btw) so I waslike nah I've never heard that from anyone, so she goes to her friend like "Cheryl doesn't he look like Barack Obama?" and she looks at melike "No......he looks like Lebron James."
indifferent.gif
and once I was done helping her, this +!+#$ had the nerve to say "Thanks Barack
smile.gif
"
smh.gif
indifferent.gif

slighty racist if they were implying that all black ppl look alike.....but that was probably not their intention, they're just a couple of dumbbroads.....

I hate when people do that..

"Hey John, doesn't he look like ________?!
laugh.gif
"

But yo, I thought you were Asian?

Drop the $#+@#%% race +%+% already. Everyone wants racism to end but you keep bringing race into everything and making it a topic.

Originally Posted by Fade On You

Drop the $#+@#%% race +%+% already. Everyone wants racism to end but you keep bringing race into everything and making it a topic.
word to yesterday's post about the phoenix suns mascot
laugh.gif
roll.gif

You might often hear that to one race the other race "all look alike" but that's not a racist thing, its kinda true.

Your eye gets trained to look for details and when you see something different your eyes aren't used to it and so you don't see the details. Idon't think it has anything to do with different races except that since most races/nationalities usually congregate together you're used to seeing thesame type of person.

One of my best friends is Indian and it took me a few years of seeing his extended family to be able to remember who everyone was but now I know them all noproblem.

So those ladies just aren't used to seeing black faces, they were probably just trying to be friendly and failed.

Don't let stupid stuff like that bother you. I bet if she said you looked like Kanye, you would have been gassed...

Back
Top Bottom