was this racist or am i reaching.

So to those who say I'm reaching you don't find anything they said even remotely racist? I don't think they were down right i-hate_____racist, butI think it may be a subdued, hidden kind. They might even be ignorant to the fact that they are a little racist deep down inside. Who knows, we all might be.

Maybe just a little bit but I don't think it was their intention to be racist. Maybe they really thought you looked like Obama or Bron.

I could see it being racist if you don't look anything like them and you are African-American. Then I'd probably be pissed.

Hard to say. Words alone doesn't make her comment racist. Maybe it depends on how she said it. For example, if she implying that you're a clean cutblack man and thus "Barack Obama." That'd be racist. Or that maybe you're tall and must be a baller and therefore "LeBron."Anyways, don't sweat it.

You know what I don't like? When people say comments like "black people are so cool." Anyways.. lol I find that racist (and ps, I'm notblack).

Originally Posted by Fade On You

Drop the $#+@#%% race +%+% already. Everyone wants racism to end but you keep bringing race into everything and making it a topic.
been sayin this for the longest time now

that's not really racist..I mean a lot of white (I assume she's white) people think all black people look alike.
But I don't care because I think all white people look alike.
laugh.gif

I dont think its even remotely racist. If a black dude considered me a racist because I said he looked like another famous black dude Id be pissed. Justbecause you dont look exactly like either of them doesnt mean that they couldnt have seen some similarities of you in both people. Now calling you Barack onthe way out, Id never do that. That is kinda ignorant
tired.gif

Either way I wouldnt let it get to you my man. Its not that serious

So when has someone telling a person they look like someone else become racist?

I don't think it's racist, but just stupidity. I know how you feel man. I'm Asian and from time to time, someone would come up to me and say thatI look like Jackie Chan or Jet Li.

the only way it could have been better is she said "you look like that well-spoken colored man on the TV."

Man Dirty, so cynical.

I wouldn't be to plead insanity or go to heaven albeit unperceived.

I do disagree.

As for the woman I could spin it into all the way to space and say she thought you were one of the good ones, "dignified black folk" because Obamaand Lebron look nothing alike but have two constants.

There is no way to pry her thought process and know her ultimate intentions, what is given is a little insubstantial for that so no it was not racist.

Edit: Daytona is that a photo of yourself ? I guess thats where its going...

eek.gif

now that you posted your pic... definitely just named a random black dude to compare you with because you look nothing like obama
roll.gif

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEACH

if they was fin say something like BERNIE MAC then yea ill call racist

laugh.gif
that's funny because those two look NOTHING alike, yet they see both in you. i'll see if she said "no he looks like David Justice" butLebron fam.

If someone said you looked like a white guy you would be disgusted, i would bet on it. So someone compared you to someone who was black and thats racist? %%+#get your life together

Back
Top Bottom