was this racist or am i reaching.

%$#@%^ Ducktales...

You make a "Was this racist" thread like once every 8 months..
smh.gif

Do you ever think that she actually thought you looked like Obama, and her friend might have actually thought you looked like Lebron James? You sound likeyoure reaching to me. Ive had people tell me I look like a couple of different white people. Does that make them racist?

^I dunno man...

Barack_Obama.jpg
vs.
lebron_james.jpg

????

There comes a point when it crosses into that ignorant/subtle racist "they all look alike" zone.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

^I dunno man...

Barack_Obama.jpg
vs.
lebron_james.jpg

????

There comes a point when it crosses into that ignorant/subtle racist "they all look alike" zone.
laugh.gif

he had to be the third black person they ever saw.

I mean I see what you are saying dont get me wrong. But I think its kinda silly to to think they were trying to be racist especially if they told him to hisface. Sounds like they were trying to be friendly but maybe did it in the wrong way or came off as sounding ignorant.

Originally Posted by BwooDFolkGD74

^I dunno man...

laugh.gif

he had to be the third black person they ever saw.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

This happens to me too. In my head I'm like "Thats a little racist" but f*** it I laught too.

Overall, its just ignorance in a "I'm just a stupid person way"

At work there's a feed on the TVs that has a black guy selling a TV to a family and one day a woman says to her husband. "I don't like this TVcause look, his skin tone [black guy] matches his shirt [black shirt] and you can't even tell the difference." At the moment I was lookin the otherway and I only heard her. I was like
eek.gif
"THAT'S RACIST!" Inmy head. I turn around and she's lookin at the crappiest TV in the room so she was kinda right, but it just came off as racist.
laugh.gif

^I dunno man...

I dont equate being unexposed directly to being racist. They both probably genuinely thought he looked like Obama/Lebron. Ive been compared to so manydifferent people that dont even resemble eachother in the slightest. Sometimes people see small qualities in people that are similar to someone else.

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

im at work about to assist this lady and she goes "has anyone ever told you that you look like Barack Obama?" (I look nothing like him btw) so I was like nah I've never heard that from anyone, so she goes to her friend like "Cheryl doesn't he look like Barack Obama?" and she looks at me like "No......he looks like Lebron James."
indifferent.gif
and once I was done helping her, this +!+#$ had the nerve to say "Thanks Barack
smile.gif
"
smh.gif
indifferent.gif

- rascist...no.

- rude.....yes. i would have laughed at it though, it wouldnt have offended me.

Originally Posted by carlosdapaperboy

slighty racist if they were implying that all black ppl look alike.....but that was probably not their intention, they're just a couple of dumb broads.....

I think she had just left church...she basically wanted to boost your moral because you're clearly ugly.

j/k

You are reaching though.

Originally Posted by LuckyP90

I dont equate being unexposed directly to being racist. They both probably genuinely thought he looked like Obama/Lebron. Ive been compared to so many different people that dont even resemble eachother in the slightest. Sometimes people see small qualities in people that are similar to someone else.
Here's the thing and probably a bunch of you will disagree with
You don't have to be malicious with you intent for something to still be racist.

As for being unexposed... really?..in this day and age?.. someone in ATL not being exposed to Black people?

To be fair atleast they didnt say you look like a famous unsuccessful black person. "Do they ever tell you look like MC Hammer?"

Back
Top Bottom