Washington Wizards 2009 Draft / Offseason Thread

Meth my buddy my pal my ace boon %#*#.

I feel for you and all the Izard Fans..... I myself as noted am a Lake Show fan who hates our best player... however remain a les Boulez (Bullets) fan.

There can really be NO other decision for Ernie than to trade the 5th pick because there is absolutely NO worth there. He is already going to be pushing hiscap, and they might not be able to sign a 2nd round pick let alone a first rounder IF they keep it.

Thats sad.

The Wizards have been paying for players they dont have and over paying for players on the end of the bench who dont play since before they came toMCI/Verizon.

This speaks to the ineptitude of Mr. Polin and although my rant on him has gotten old, its still the same story. Until (and I wish no ill will) Abe Polin hasmoved on to a better place and no longer has control of this Franchise they will remain a joke.

The one Constant (Susan Omalley) they had to bring folks in for different gimmicks has left the organization and Abe's favorite son (Wes Unseld) leftbitterly after the MJ debacle because he didn't like the way it was handled.

Abe EVEN in his old age is trying to muscle Mr. Leonsis out of having first right of refusal to purchase the team should Abe sell or pass on. Ted washemmoraging money until the Caps turned their franchise aroud with picks and Marketing genius of their organization.

He probably can afford to now, but would not have been able to a few years ago given the chance.

Wizard Fans. Pick a back up team to follow until Abe is no longer in Power. He is a loyal (to a degree yet stubborn man) who feels as if he can see one moreChampionship before he leaves this earth.

His greatest worry is that another owner can come in and do what he couldn't while he still lives.

Know this as fact.

I banged a Wizard Cheerleader if it matters. lol

^
laugh.gif
nice

Originally Posted by jupeezy

whatever u do don't listen to Wilbon who suggested trading down to try and get a PG like Teague and going after a big in the offseason smh i just think the Wiz need to clear up cap room and just try and rebuild, bcuz how good is Gil really gonna b from here on out? Lamison can't last another full season on one leg, Stevenson STINKS! Who knows when Caron will show up, Blatche STINKS! And please don't tell me yall are waiting for the big return of BRENDON GAYWOOD LMAO! I will say it again he WILL NOT make that much of a difference
Jeff Teague??? Nah...he's a Gil clone...they don't play w. 2 basketballs.

IMO (if we stay at #5) it's either Harden or Tyreke Evans.

Originally Posted by mustbetheshoe58

we should trade #5 pick, blatche. mike james and thomas for bosh..clears up cap space for the raptors. but we have to make sure bosh signs an extension before he gets traded. just my opinion
Sorry to say, but if Bosh goes anywhere he's coming to Detroit or Chicago. Although I've been hearing things about Amare coming to DC. . .

Anywho, this is from ESPN Insider

[h3]Wizards Don't Want Another Project[/h3]The Wizards, according to league insiders, are hesitant to take on yet another project player and would rather package their pick in a trade for a veteran who could contribute immediately.
The last time the Wizards wound up with the fifth selection in the draft was 2004, after they had posted a 25-57 record. Wizards team president Ernie Grunfeld, however, used that pick to select Devin Harris and shipped him, Jerry Stackhouse and Christian Laettner to the Dallas Mavericks for Jamison.

"We can only control what we can control," Ernie Grunfeld said. "We've said that when healthy, we believe we are a playoff team capable with competing with anyone in the league. We have three All-Stars and young players that have proven themselves to be NBA-quality, and we'll be getting somebody who can help us." -- The Washington Times

ohwell.gif

Seems like a lot of people like james harden to be the pick.

Although one of the best players in the draft, i doubt he could have an immediate impact with the wiz and we need help not now but RIGHT now because we trulysuck. Hes not taking anybody's spot at the two guard..stevenson/young got that spot on lock plus crittenton and dixon. (Young and Crittenton are onlysophmores in the league, give them time.)

We seriously have the worst front court i've seen in my 18 yrs on earth. If you look at the dominant teams in the league, western or eastern, they have asolid big man...we dont.

Gil, Stevenson, and caron up top is good enough to at least make the playoffs in the weak EAST.

well said Rock the wiz won't win until Abe is pushing up daisies....and i got one of the cheerleaders as well...LOL!

Unlike the Jeff Malone/Pervis, Harvey, King/Fab 2 days of the past, we have a certified superstar here in Arenas long term in his prime. After watching him acouple games this year in "out of game shape" (see Cavs game), I am confident he'll be shutting everyone up next year after his break to gethealthy, fully.

Flip will make this work, as I expect Arenas to have the type of season Wade had this year. Call me crazy... until I spot all you losers cheering @ Verizonnext season, hi-fiving our President.

We will package the pick. At number 5, if Jordan Hill is the best you can get, that tells you how weak this draft is. After #1, everyone is a wild card. Infact, Griffin may not average a double double next year.

Young has to go. Stevenson has to go. Etan has to go. Dixon has to go. Blatche should be told that his time is ticking.

Butler, Jamison, Haywood, Arenas, McGuire, McGee are the only players that should be considered as our roster going into this summer.

Grunfield, do what you do.

I expect us to get a solid 2nd round pick. It'll be so many good, experienced college players who will be able to contribute.

I would personally love to see the kid from Spain in a Wizard uniform for some reason, but he's too hyped to slip to #5 now, and he won't developproperly in D.C.

I saw keep Young, and I don't think Arenas will have a break out season like Wade did....just won't happen...

Rock, it's no surprise that you and I are on the same page on this one... well, except for the Lakers. (I'm still decidedly ANTI-Laker, thanks, andhope that the Nuggets and Magic ruin the commish's preferred Finals pairing.)

As far as Pollin is concerned, I said pretty much the same thing at the beginning of this season and, of course, plenty of timessince MJ's undignified "dismissal." (MJ's number is retired in MIAMI, but not DC. That's criminal.) Specifically, "This will never be a winning organization so long as Abe Pollin draws breath into his shriveled, dessicatedlungs."

We hope for the best nonetheless and while the team would amputate starters, Denver style, to weigh in under the cap, there's still hope that they mightsomehow stumble rear-end backwards into a contending team despite the ineptitude of their ownership, again, Denver style. (What owner schedules events duringthe Playoffs? Even in Minnesota they aren't booking Kelly Clarkson concerts in May at the Target Center. You don't send that message to everyone whoshells out thousands during a recession for season tickets.)

As far as back-up/secondary teams... I'm sure we pretty much all have one already. Gotta pull for somebody in May/June. I usually pull for the Spurs outwest and, more recently, the Celtics in the east.
Although one of the best players in the draft, i doubt [Harden] could have an immediate impact with the wiz and we need help not now but RIGHT now because we truly suck. Hes not taking anybody's spot at the two guard..stevenson/young got that spot on lock plus crittenton and dixon. (Young and Crittenton are only sophmores in the league, give them time.)
If the competition is Stevenson and Young, how could Harden fail to seize the starting spot? He can come in right away and help at the 2. Problem is, if your lineup is Arenas, Harden, Butler, Jamison, and Haywood, you're fielding the all-jumpshooters team. If you could only squeeze them allinto the Delorean, they'd win a chip for you in 1956. In today's NBA, that's not gonna get it down. I think you have to take Harden if he fallsinto your lap, assess the trade market, and either make a move to bring in frontcourt help or wait until 2010 when Thomas, James, and Haywood's dealsexpire. You also have the option to finally dump Pesh, the worst draft pick in the Grunfeld era. (Hindsight's 20/20 and few foresaw Millsap, but, forcrying out loud, Rajon Rondo was right there.)

If you can't get Harden, I think you have no choice but to deal the #5.

Either way, moving Stevenson is a must. Any package involving the pick and/or Jamison must include him. He has a $4.1 million player option in 2010 and nofuture with the squad. He's not your Bruce Bowen (Dominic comes as close as anyone on this team), nor is he your Eddie "X Button" House (thatwould be Nick Young at the moment.) If you're stuck with the current group, you can still slide Caron down to the 2, play Jamison at the 3, and playMcGee/Thomas up front with Haywood.
After watching him a couple games this year in "out of game shape" (see Cavs game), I am confident he'll be shutting everyone up next year after his break to get healthy, fully.
I don't know that he ever gets back physically to where he was prior to that first knee operation. What's impressed me about Gil is thathe's making the adjustment. Whereas a talent like Steve Francis never quite learned how to produce without holding an athletic advantage over theopposition, Arenas is clearly in the process of remaking himself as a pass-first point guard. It remains to be seen if those games at the bitter end of thisseason turn out to be pyrite, but run through the list of probable starting point guards in the East and, ironically enough, you won't find very manygreater than Zero.

A Wade-like resurgence strikes me as unlikely, but those who've written him off should - barring reinjury - find themselves eating their words this fall.
Butler, Jamison, Haywood, Arenas, McGuire, McGee are the only players that should be considered as our roster going into this summer.
I'm a big Jamison fan, and as much as I'd like to agree with this list, unfortunately it seems the case that moving Jamison is likely aprerequisite for getting veteran frontcourt help. I do NOT want Chris "Dauber Dybinski" Kaman fromthe Clips, and giving up Jamsion now potentially gives you major cap space in 2010 - though it remains to be seen how many of those marquee guys will actuallyopt out that year. (The assumption there was similar to the housing market, i.e. eternal growth. If league revs continue to decline, you're better offNOT exercising your option - unless you're convinced you need the security of long term deal, which is like gambling, say, the $2-3 million first year maxsalary difference that you WILL get hurt that year.)

If I can get Millsap and either Harpring or Korver (whose contracts expire in 2010), and Utah's 1st rounder (#20), in exchange for Jamison, the #5, andStevenson, I'd take that deal in a heartbeat.

I'm a big Jamison fan, and as much as I'd like to agree with this list, unfortunately it seems the case that moving Jamison is likely a prerequisite for getting veteran frontcourt help.

My only thing is, the big 3 deserves a shot at one more run. I argue that Jamison will always be valuable, due to what he did in Dallas. He is the ultimatepro and teammate, and won't mind coming off the bench if asked. Winning teams and vets love him, so I'll give it until the trade deadline next seasonunless a "can't miss" deal falls to us, which is unlikely.

All I'm saying is (as that "fan" you described in your initial post, CLASSIC, and that's me since 1986), this isn't like our summer of1993 -- With Unseld coming back as coach, our #6 draft pick being Calbert Cheaney (no impact), and we go from 22-60 to 24-58 that following 93-94 season. It's not that kind of situation in D.C. this summer -- for a change, lol. There is hope here, for the time being...
I do NOT want Chris "Dauber Dybinski" Kaman from the Clips
We all know as long as Jerry Sloan is alive, there is no hope in Stevenson going back to Utah, and I don't see Millsap leaving the Jazz. So,unfortunately, Kaman may be our best shot for obtaining legit front court help now. I convinced that NO free agent can be lured to D.C. outright, so, a trademust be done. Kaman has no history of long-term injuries either, like Mr. Elton Brand.

Kaman is not Jim McIlvaine, and I think we all can agree that he's been a better pro than we all imaginedhe'd be. I like him potentially in the East, and I like him with this team under flip with Butler and Arenas. Don't know his contract situation, butfor his production, he's gotta be a steal compared to Etan's $8 mil next season.
in the weak EAST.
It's not 2006 anymore, and I argue that the East isn't that "weak" anymore. The West is strong as hell, but I like thedevelopment of the Bobcats, Hawks, 76ers, and Pacers. The Wiz need to catch up or they will be 9th/10th in the East real quick and back in the lottery... withthe 10th pick.http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/mcilvji01.html

Kaman is not Jim McIlvaine, and I think we all can agree that he's been a better pro than we all imagined he'd be. I like him potentially in the East, and I like him with this team under flip with Butler and Arenas. Don't know his contract situation, but for his production, he's gotta be a steal compared to Etan's $8 mil next season.

i wouldn't mind getting kaman

-Meth
Harden is only a sophmore he needs to develop..he needs to get stronger and improve his quickness as well. Wont be a lockdown defender in the league.

I like his game, but not for the Wizards particularly. He likes to pass and does a good job of finding his shot in different defenses. IMO, the wiz need moreof an attacker at the 2 guard like a rubio/ t. williams/ellington type player who come to score and play agressive. I can see what youre saying though, I cansee him complementing Gil in the backcourt but he will probably be another deshawn. Thus, a waste of a draft pick.

-EOH

I agree, East teams are starting to build nice franchises but they still are pretty sorry. [Bucks, Wizards, Nets, Pacers, Heat, Bobcats, Bulls...lol.] All havegood young talent, but the East is WEAK.

I personally think we should go for Tyson Chandler, remember the Hornets were trying to get rid of him just couldnt and he is a solid big man. Scores,rebounds, and plays defense on every play he's in and thats hard to find.

I dont think Tyson is going anywhere after that debacle of a trade that never happened and it ruffled the feathers of CP3...

My only thing is, the big 3 deserves a shot at one more run. I argue that Jamison will always be valuable, due to what he did in Dallas. He is the ultimate pro and teammate, and won't mind coming off the bench if asked. Winning teams and vets love him, so I'll give it until the trade deadline next season unless a "can't miss" deal falls to us, which is unlikely. All I'm saying is (as that "fan" you described in your initial post, CLASSIC, and that's me since 1986), this isn't like our summer of 1993 -- With Unseld coming back as coach, our #6 draft pick being Calbert Cheaney (no impact), and we go from 22-60 to 24-58 that following 93-94 season. It's not that kind of situation in D.C. this summer -- for a change, lol. There is hope here, for the time being...
Jamison is an outstanding player, probably my favorite on the team. He's really the only guy in a Wizards uniform who you can count on tobring it every single night. Problem is, in this league you have to sell high. There are players who you'd let walk away for nothing just to get them offthe books - we can all think of at least a few. Jamison's not in that category. You give him up ONLY if you get an All Star caliber player in returnthat's a better fit for your team, and that's what I think the Wizards need to do.

I don't think you win with a core of three jump shooters. They can beat anybody on any given night in the regular season, but in a 7 game series theycan't be successful trying to outshoot everyone.
Caron's a great value and he gives you physical toughness that Jamison won't, so of the two I'd pick Caron right now. Jamison's rebounding hasbeen exceptional, but that figure's a bit deceptive because a substantial portion of those come off his own misses. The Wizards have been among the leagueleaders in offensive boards with this group, in part because they don't shoot a great percentage.

The Wizards need somebody who can defend the paint, box out, and set great screens. That's not Jamison's forté.

To me, that's why a Millsap trade makes sense - for both teams. If you're gonna be a drive and kick team, you still need somebody down low to flushthe ball if the help comes from underneath. For years, the Wizards "movement" offense has generally deteriorated into isos, whether engineered or asa result of a broken play. You'll get higher percentage looks if your screens actually work.

For Utah, they know they can't keep both Boozer and Millsap. They don't need the redundancy and, obviously, they can't afford it. You knowJamison is a Sloan guy. We also know that Sloan has absolutely no qualms with trading for a guy and keeping him on ice, purely out of spite, for an entireseason. If they have to take back Deshawn to get the #5 and Jamison, I don't see that as a deal breaker. They can move him easily the following year,when he has an expiring contract, or perhaps at midseason if somebody panics. Utah would have a tremendously versatile frontline with Boozer, Jamison, Okur,Collins, and Kirilenko. With so much size out west, I think that's a great move for them - even if it costs them Millsap.

It's a lot to give up for Washington, but you get bigger and younger, (and of course we all know the old NBA adage, "never trade big for small, youngfor old) plus it makes the Wizards players in next year's free agent market.

We can all sit here and grouse about how no big money free agent will ever come to Washington... Arenas came here when the team was in rebuilding mode. In atight economy, with few teams posessing max dollars to spend, you can land a big name talent. It's not like they'd be playing in Siberia. It'seasier to sell someone on DC than Memphis. Will you get Dwyane Wade? No. Will you get Lebron James? No. Will you get Chris Bosh? Unlikely, unless you tryto swing a trade for him, which seems exceedingly difficult with our assets. There are still quality players to add, though, so if you can whittle away nearmax money by moving Jamison and Stevenson while signing an All Star caliber power forward in the process, I think that may be the team's best option in thelong run.

Sentimentally, you want to see what the team that had the best record in the east at all star break a couple of years ago could do at full strength. However,if you give them a chance to make it work this year and fail - and the goal is to win a championship, mind you - Jamison's trade value drops and you'recommitted to him through 2012. You can't move Arenas and Butler's giving you All Star numbers at a lower cost with fewer years remaining.
I personally think we should go for Tyson Chandler, remember the Hornets were trying to get rid of him just couldnt and he is a solid big man. Scores, rebounds, and plays defense on every play he's in and thats hard to find.
I wouldn't gamble on Chandler when you have McGee on board. Both are raw offensively, but McGee is arguably more athletic and probably has abetter touch. He just needs to work on his conditioning, learn the scheme, become more disciplined on both sides of the floor, and improve his coordination. Chandler's production slipped this year and the results of his medical evaluation were grim enough to reverse the OKC trade, which, in terms of talent, wasa bargain. That tells you the Thunder had no confidence that he'd be worth his contract.

If you're rolling the dice on health, you'd get more out of Marcus Camby in the short term than you would out of Chandler. Long term, neither one islikely to fit and you're hoping McGee grows into that role. IF you take Camby, you do so short term and hope he can help bring McGee and Blatche along.

Harden is only a sophmore he needs to develop..he needs to get stronger and improve his quickness as well. Wont be a lockdown defender in the league.

I like his game, but not for the Wizards particularly. He likes to pass and does a good job of finding his shot in different defenses. IMO, the wiz need more of an attacker at the 2 guard like a rubio/ t. williams/ellington type player who come to score and play agressive. I can see what youre saying though, I can see him complementing Gil in the backcourt but he will probably be another deshawn. Thus, a waste of a draft pick.
The fact that he's only a sophomore is pretty meaningless. The ##*+ Vitales of the world try to hammer into us every single draft that onlyfour year players understand the game. Just about every scouting report you'll read on Harden describes him as one of the most NBA-ready players in thisdraft class. Defenses can't key on Harden when he's on the Wizards the way they could in college, which obviously helps. Yeah, he gives up a littlesize, but depending on the matchup you can have Caron guard the opponent's 2 if need be.

If you want someone to receive the ball on a kick out, here's what Harden gives you: clutch shooting, driving ability, and court vision. That's thetrue triple threat you need on a drive and kick, which is what a healthy Arenas is wont to do. Stevenson and Young will just jack it up every time in thatsituation. You can trust Harden to make the right decision. I detest the term "basketball IQ," but this team needs players who know how to make theright play and exude a team-first mentality. Nick Young doesn't have that. Deshawn Stevenson doesn't have that. It makes Harden less of a projectand more capable of coming in right away and contributing.

Naturally you wanted to come away with Blake Griffin, but what were the odds of that? (And don't say 17.8% or I will reach through the monitor like GhostDad and slap you.)

Kaman is not Jim McIlvaine, and I think we all can agree that he's been a better pro than we all imagined he'd be. I like him potentially in the East, and I like him with this team under flip with Butler and Arenas. Don't know his contract situation, but for his production, he's gotta be a steal compared to Etan's $8 mil next season.
I want to say that Kaman isn't McIlvaine - because McIlvaine could block shots - but then it would seem like I'm praising an NBA punchline, one of the FEW players who, like Jared Jeffries, we can look back on with a smile, because we know some other sucker wound up shackled to the ankle witha lead weight otherwise destined for us. McIlvaine's only notable accomplishment was that he, and the NBA Lockout, combined to ruin Shawn Kemp'scareer.

The Clippers, assuming they actually take the un-Clipperlike path and do the only logical thing here, will be desperate to clear their frontcourt logjam. Thatdoesn't mean I want to take on their dead wood.

All debate regarding Kaman's value is actually rather moot when it comes to the Wizards. Why? He's cap poison. Etan's $8 mil comes off the booksat the end of the year, which now makes him a valuable asset and one that, I actually think, they should hold on to. When healthy, he is the type of playerthe Wizards need off the bench and, perhaps more importantly, we need that $8 mil back in 2010. Kaman, on the other hand, will make $9.5 million next year. It gets worse. He's on the books until 2012 and he receives $900,000 annual raises.

[table][tr][td]Name[/td] [td]Years Left[/td] [td]Amount Owed[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]Etan Thomas[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]$8 million[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Chris "Stay Puft" Kaman [/td] [td]4[/td] [td]$43.4 million[/td] [/tr][/table]
Yikes.

Kaman is 27 years old.

The NBA economy for "average" big men is $7 - $13 mil (look at how we "matched" Etan's offer from the Bucks).

So, I don't see the beef.

frown.gif

I think Taj Gibson from USC would be a nice June pick-up. After gaining a few pounds and increasing his dribbling, he will be the antidote for LeBron.

Originally Posted by MyTsharp

TeePeso wrote:
...Ty Lawson, move Gil to the 2 and ur good

smh.gif

I think Taj Gibson from USC would be a nice June pick-up. After gaining a few pounds and increasing his dribbling, he will be the antidote for LeBron.

smh.gif
smh.gif

Fixed. Those are possibly the two worse draft choices the Wizards could make at number five...

Are they, why exactly would Lawson be a bad pick? Please dont say Stephen Curry would be a better pick...

They don't need another guard that takes 20 shots a game.

So Steph Curry is out of it. Not to mention he's the same size as us.

You played ball. You know this aint 2k.

My-T.

Originally Posted by TeePeso

Are they, why exactly would Lawson be a bad pick? Please dont say Stephen Curry would be a better pick...

Well other than the fact I think Crittendon has potential, we're drafting 5th, not 9-20... that's too high a pick for Ty Lawson...

I guess everyone lost more faith after the draft... so I figured I'd ressurect this old thread to ask this:

Now that almost all the good Free Agents are gone... What is your beloved Ernie goin to go after now? This baffles me. How are the C's, Orlando, Clevelandto name a few IN THE EAST still able to get top notch FA's and the Wiz stand Pat?

Shoot.. even Cleveland couldn't get Sheed, Ariza, or Artest to come their way.....and they have Lebron...

If this is the case now... whats going to happen in 2010? Do Wiz fans think Ernie can REALLY do something to improve the team? Its like everyone else keepsgetting HBO New Movie Releases and the Wiz Fans keep getting Cinemax straight to DVD (not even) C - Lister filled movies..

How the heck can you guys hold out hope after this last week and for the future.

Further.. I've noticed.. they try what others try.. but fail.. International.. Small ball... big Ball... Young... Nothin...

Fire Abe.

It's been a frustrating, if not infuriating, off-season for me, as some of you already have guessed from this and other threads - particularly in reactionto the draft trades.

The Wizards' fruitless search for frontcourt help on the cheap only underscores just how bad Ernie's "big" trade was. The cap savingsgenerated by dumping Songaila are meaningless now that we're talking about potentially signing third- and fourth-tier forwards to multi-year deals. Itmakes no sense.

Jordan Hill's yet to pull down a single rebound in the NBA, but you'd be hard pressed to tell me that he'd help us less than Ant-no-knee-o McDyess. Of course, even that's a moot comparison as McDyess is about to spurn the Wizards in favor of Detroit. You know it's bad when veteran free agents arechoosing the rebuilding Pistons over your club.

Obviously the Wizards are no longer in the hunt for an impact power forward at this point. We're looking for someone capable of filling in for 10-15minutes a night at the 4 or occasionally the 5. Who's left out there?

Well, there's the underwhelming Channing Frye, who will probably command more than the pittance the Wizards will be offering. You've got Chris Wilcox- who only makes sense if Abe is intent on signing every member of Maryland's national championship team to at least one go-round. There's DrewGooden, the player Wilcox dominated in their head to head matchup in the final four. We'll say nothing of Michael Ruffin or Juwan Howard. It's anugly list.

I'll tell you what I'd love to see the Wizards do at the 4 spot: sign Leon Powe. Yeah, he's a gamble. He blew his knee out and he'll misstime in rehab. You will not, however, get a harder working player, a higher character player, or a better value player than Leon Powe. This is a guy whoeasily would've taken up some team's full mid-level exception had he been healthy. He was a key part of Boston's championship team and all youneed to do is commit to him NOW and not four months from now when everyone looking for a boost will be at his doorstep, itching to add him mid-season. Showfaith and patience in him and it'll be well rewarded down the line. What he lacks in height, he makes up for in fight. You have lanky players whowon't bang. We need some hard-nosed players willing to get after it, who won't complain and will fit in well with a team that MUST become moredisciplined and focused if they're ever to sniff contention.

There's no answer out there at center. I don't want Magloire, though I fear Grunfeld may go there for reasons unknown. Robert Swift is a punchline. Patrick O'Bryant has some potential, but his foot speed will be an even bigger problem on a team like the Wizards given their style. Right now, Ican't even remember which of the two Collins brothers was supposed to be the good one. It's a sorry state of affairs when Zaza Pachulia and RashoNesterovic are two of your better options - and even then, you know there's a greater fool out there willing to offer more years and more money. Thecapped out Wizards won't be offering more than $2 million annually.

It's sad to think we might be stuck with this lineup on opening night, but aside from a marginal signing it's difficult to see anything changing.

Another year of mediocrity in Washington. Who would've thought?

Back
Top Bottom