Washington Wizards 2014-2015 Season Thread - Thanks for a great season!

Will the Wizards win the Southeast Division this season?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Pat Buchanan

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess i am not as optimistic as you guys are. Pierce next year is yet another year older if he even plays and he saved us in the playoffs a few times. The thing that was bothering us during the season last year was we had 1 guy that could get his own shot if necessary. And when we got down to the wire in close games we would run Brad Beal off 10000000 screens to try to get him a look. But Pierce filled that role in the playoffs as our go-to need a big bucket guy.

If he doesn't come back we need help (always thought Glen Rice Jr. could have been that guy...) I thought Drew Gooden played WAY above himself this playoffs. Talk about wanting a stretch 4...Gooden was that for us this playoffs. Dude was shooting something ridiculous from 3 like 45%.

The one great thing about this playoffs for us had to be Otto. Boy showed up big time and really put the team on notice about what potential he has. (I partially thank Pierce for this too since in that interview he straight up said Otto needs to understand how good he really is).

I guess like every team in the league we need scoring help off our bench. And a stretch 4 would be nice. Will be interested to see if we go after Thibs or keep Randy though. Proud of our team though it was a great run

Front court HAS to get younger, while not compromising our chances to make a run at Durant in '16. He should come cheap, but I'd love for the team to take a look at Kyle O'Quinn.

"We know what we have to do, the pieces that I'd like to add moving forward," Wizards coach Randy Wittman said after Game 6. "Brad and John are going to be here a long time. So we got to utilize what their strengths and capabilities are, and find the right people to put around them, which allows us to play the way that I think we were kind of playing in the [playoffs]."

Wizards fall short, but show promise of a two-way team

Said it before, but it's a virtual lock that Wittman will be back next year. I'm glad he said this, and hopefully he's FINALLY embracing how to play in today's NBA.

Also, Pierce, I think, has a player option for next year, and I'd be shocked if he wasn't back. I hope he returns, because his leadership, clutch ability, etc. is invaluable. He's only been here for a year, but he's one of my favorite Bullets/Wizards of all-time.

Going forward, I think we all know that Wall is a great player. However, I think it was Beal that REALLY stepped his game up during this playoff run. THere's no reason for that not to carry over to next year.

This team is going to be good for a long time (health willing), we just have to hope that the front office makes the necessary moves to get them over the hump.

http://www.csnwashington.com/basket...ent-be-kevin-seraphin-eager-blossom-elsewhere

"I definitely want a chance to be a starter," Seraphin, who matched his career high with 79 regular-season appearances but didn't start a game for the 46-win Wizards, told CSNwashington.com. "I definitely want to be somewhere I have a chance to be a starter."

Sounds like Seraphin's heading back to Europe.

Develop a Reliable jumper that he can extend out to the 3 point line and i dont see why they can't start him at the 4

Word has it... The Truth is opting out his contract...  
tired.gif
mean.gif

If he does, and Seraphin leaves that gives a lot of money to play with. I haven't been keeping up (local TV here in Winston doesn't pay attention to the Wizards) but what are our draft goals looking like? If we can pick up Christmas out of Syracuse in the second round, it would be awesome.

http://www.csnwashington.com/basket...ent-be-kevin-seraphin-eager-blossom-elsewhere
"I definitely want a chance to be a starter," Seraphin, who matched his career high with 79 regular-season appearances but didn't start a game for the 46-win Wizards, told CSNwashington.com. "I definitely want to be somewhere I have a chance to be a starter."
Sounds like Seraphin's heading back to Europe.
Develop a Reliable jumper that he can extend out to the 3 point line and i dont see why they can't start him at the 4
Or we could just ask Otto to grow six inches and add forty pounds by October.  

Word has it... The Truth is opting out his contract...  
tired.gif
mean.gif
That doesn't necessarily mean we'll lose him.  Of the contending teams (and we'll be generous and call the Wizards a contender... it is the East), we have the most money to offer.  The Clippers just traded for Lance Stephenson.  Obviously they could use his toughness (who couldn't?), but his odds of reaching the Finals here are arguably better than they are in LA - and he wouldn't have to take a pay cut.

Opting out gives Pierce options.  If he wants to stay, he's earned a raise and we can afford to pay him a bit more next season after Kevin walks.  It'll be a one year contract and, after that, the new TV deal kicks in.  We can afford to offer more than any of the other top 8 teams can, and he's earned it.  What's a better situation for him?  Making the league minimum out West, where he'd play modest minutes on a team that could either win a title or lose in the first round depending on playoff seeding and injuries, or coming back to DC - where we were a broken wrist away from the Eastern Conference Finals? 

Boston has no loyalty.  I don't see them offering him anything substantial and that's not a better situation than DC.  

He'll take a good look at what's out there, but I expect him to return to the Wizards for one last run.  

That doesn't necessarily mean we'll lose him.  Of the contending teams (and we'll be generous and call the Wizards a contender... it is the East), we have the most money to offer.  The Clippers just traded for Lance Stephenson.  Obviously they could use his toughness (who couldn't?), but his odds of reaching the Finals here are arguably better than they are in LA - and he wouldn't have to take a pay cut.

Opting out gives Pierce options.  If he wants to stay, he's earned a raise and we can afford to pay him a bit more next season after Kevin walks.  It'll be a one year contract and, after that, the new TV deal kicks in.  We can afford to offer more than any of the other top 8 teams can, and he's earned it.  What's a better situation for him?  Making the league minimum out West, where he'd play modest minutes on a team that could either win a title or lose in the first round depending on playoff seeding and injuries, or coming back to DC - where we were a broken wrist away from the Eastern Conference Finals? 

Boston has no loyalty.  I don't see them offering him anything substantial and that's not a better situation than DC.  

He'll take a good look at what's out there, but I expect him to return to the Wizards for one last run.  
Very true. What do you think he'll do? Stay here?

I expect him to stay in Washington for his final season.  We offer the best combination of compensation and competitiveness.  He seems to enjoy the city and he gets along with the players.  It would be difficult to leave that for greater uncertainty and lower pay.  

He has the right to explore every option, and I imagine the Clippers by now realize their folly in choosing Spencer Hawes over first ballot HOF'er and former Finals MVP Paul Pierce.  I wouldn't be at all shocked if Doc lobbies hard to convince Pierce to request a sign and trade, allowing them to dump, say, Jamal Crawford on the Wizards and using his outgoing salary to ink Pierce to more competitive terms.  Hopefully, the Wizards won't be stupid enough to go for something like that.  

Ainge and Rivers already had their chances to show true loyalty to Paul Pierce.  They chose not to.  

The Wizards, on the other hand, have shown nothing but loyalty to Pierce thus far and should be willing to do whatever it takes on the contract side to prepare the best offer possible.  It's a one year deal.  The cap implications are minimal.  Maybe Ted will surprise us for once and dip a toe into the luxury tax.  Spend those annual ticket price increases to give us a better product.  The odds of getting whacked with the repeater tax are effectively nil given the expected increase in the 2016-2017 salary cap.  We can afford to offer more than the mid-level exception, especially if Kevin walks and is replaced with a low cost vet or a draft pick.  

If they let Pierce get away, that would be a very negative sign.  He was our first big free agent coup in ages.  To lose him via opt out after one season would look pretty damning.

Who we hoping for in the draft? I really really want Harrell(by far the most) , jerian grant or rj hunter, could live with rhj, looney, lyles, Portis or Vaughn and I will be so disappointed if we pick dekker or delon wright, thats pretty much evrybody who seems realistic. And we better not sell our 2nd again

Any thoughts on Oubre?  They must see him as a backup wing.  

It seemed like we needed frontcourt help, especially with Seraphin on his way out to find the NBA team that's going to offer him big money and a starting role next year *chuckle*.  That said, we don't have much guard depth anymore, since we keep dumping all the young guards we've brought in. 

Two second round picks would appear a high price to pay just to move up four spots, but I suppose the reasoning is that they'll likely be relatively late second rounders - typically "draft and stash" territory, and obviously our international scouting sucks

At least we can say we got something for those second rounders, rather than, say, selling the draft rights to an All Rookie 1st team player.  

Can't say I have ever seen Oubre play, so I'm indifferent on him, kinda wish we woulda traded up for Myles Turner, seeing how he went 10 I highly doubt it, kinda shocked me the low number of moves made tonight

I don't know anything about oubre either but he was supposed to be the goods comin outta high school but I don't really pay attention to college basketball unless it's maryland or Georgetown, so I can't call it. Just know he's a one and done so just hope we develop him correctly , but I've been pleasantly surprised at how well beal and porter play when we use something resembling a 2015 offense, so maybe developing is what randy Whitman does well? Lol it can't be any of the other aspects of coaching

From everything I've read, Oubre is 2-3 years from really making an impact. Consensus seems to be, that if he puts in the work, dude might become a star in the league.

Good wing player with tremendous defensive upside. I honestly thought Portis would be our guy, but I'm not mad at the pick.

What exactly happened with Rasual Butler midway through the season that led us to stop using him?

Yea it woulda been tough for Butler to maintain his level of play all season long

And the Oubre pick isn't bad to me , the squad just needs him to run around for a few mins off the bench, play okay defense, crash the boards with his athleticism and hit an open 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom