WATCHMEN Movie Thread: Directors Cut is out (updated: deleted scene)

critics are killing this movie. still gotta check it out. is it really as bad as everyone is saying ?

Originally Posted by onewearz

critics are killing this movie. still gotta check it out. is it really as bad as everyone is saying ?

If you haven't read the book, there's a 50/50 chance you won't like it.
The few bad reviews i've read, it seems like the critic did not read the book. I could see a lot of people getting lost in this movie.

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Originally Posted by OGbobbyjohnson773

IMO Rorschach looked like Steve Nash
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I kept thinking that to myself the whole night. That *#@% was uncanny.
laugh.gif

he was played by the little dude from bad news bears

one thing I will say is that if you havent read the book, the previews are VERY misleading.
i got a dude that just saw it and he was let down bigtime cause he thought it was gonna be this big sci-fi action flick, and I can def. see wheres he'scomin from.
4 hours and counting.........

Thats true, the previews will give you a sense that it will be action-packed like 300.
So to those expecting this movie to be that, they will be hugely disappointed for sure.
I must say though, that is what my brother was expecting but he ended up loving it and he has never read the book.

I saw this last night during a midnight release. It was pretty cool and this is coming from someone who hasn't read the book.

I saw this last night. Definitely a good movie for someone who got a basic overview of what 'the Watchmen' is from their cousin, without getting toldhow the story goes. If that makes sense. My friend who went with me said he thought it was great and he'd never even looked at the cover of the graphicnovel.

So to those are on the fence, and wondering if they can only enjoy the movie if you've read the book, thats not the case.

Ahhh, I got that text yesterday and then again today.
It's up to you if you want to post it, there really isn't any invitation needed anyways.
First come first serve as usual right?

I loved almost all the songs in the movie so I am considering going but I am exhausted since I worked yesterday til 6pm, followed by 4 hours of basketball,then to the midnight showing and back to work today at 8am. I have a feeling I'll knock out once I get home.
laugh.gif

movie was very good...

it does lose something in translation though. If you don't have background information on the movie I can see being VERY lost throughout almost all of it.

he filmed the unfilmable, but he didn't transcend the original work.

Imagine kubrick trying to do this... I wonder what we would get

Originally Posted by DubA169

movie was very good...

it does lose something in translation though. If you don't have background information on the movie I can see being VERY lost throughout almost all of it.

To be honest, I don't think even he can do this movie in a span of 3 hours. To get the essence of the story and to get it's point across and to get areal sense of feeling for all the characters, the movie will have to be at least 4-4.5 hours long. I do not think there is anything Kubrick could do to squeezein so much information in such a small amount of time. I could imagine him having a much darker version of the book though.

Originally Posted by RFX45

movie was very good...

To be honest, I don't think even he can do this movie in a span of 3 hours. To get the essence of the story and to get it's point across and to get a real sense of feeling for all the characters, the movie will have to be at least 4-4.5 hours long. I do not think there is anything Kubrick could do to squeeze in so much information in such a small amount of time. I could imagine him having a much darker version of the book though.
you're a kubrick fan I see
pimp.gif

Ummm I honestly think he would twist and change everything to fit his own view of what he believed the themes of watchmen to be. Like you know how he basicallymade the shining "his" and not king's. I could see him doing this with watchmen. It would be much different than this for sure

He would probably anger fans of the book though

do you see this movie as "special" in any way? I feel like it didn;t make that jump. But the source material was so amazing that it works anyway

Just got home from watching the movie. Amazing; seeing it in IMAX was the way the movie is meant to be seen. The characterswere perfectly casted, and the visuals were nothing short of awesome.�

anyone know the song when john is on mars??

i've heard it in a documentary before. was like 1 30 minute song if i remember right

no it's not muse

i've heard it in a documentary before. was like 1 30 minute song if i remember right

no it's not muse
Pruit Igoe & Prophecies (Philip Glass)

Originally Posted by horchata kid

no it's not muse
Pruit Igoe & Prophecies (Philip Glass)

thank you SO MUCH

Back
Top Bottom