**WDYWT Feb Edition 2008**

To School: Early Release
pimp.gif

I this thead should get off of Dalitso. You can't fault a man for always bringing fire. Let's get back to this.
Originally Posted by SHAOLINS WARRIOR

Originally Posted by Stoopz

SHAOLINS WARRIOR wrote:
nice bad brains shirt PETEROCK1
sucks that i have to see them on MTV now
eyes.gif

talk about selling out....

....agreed, nice shirt. But, I must say, it doesn't really bother me to see them on MTv and I don't even feel that it's a sell out situation. MTv has separated themselves so much from playing music, that only about a third (or less) of their programming is even related to a band or music. That being said, that small amount of time that they actually show anything from a band, it makes me happy that it is actually a group like Bad Brains. Maybe some kid who thinks that Panic at the Disco or Paramore (just two random bands that I hate) is the end all, will check them out and come to their senses.

I'm not even sure I believe in the concept of selling out.....

anyways, that ended up being much longer than I intended....and it was definitely not a knock to your opinion, just merely stating my own. I actually picked up "Build a Nation" towards the end of last year and it's a pretty good album.

I believe that MTV's commercialization of bad brains and their entire history as a band is deemed selling out. A band that was a staple in the NYHC D.I.Y. scene is not meant to be aired on a television station such as MTV. Maybe I'm a bit of a "hardcore elitist" and I dont like when people who know no history get into a band such as bad brains.

But maybe your right with the point that it might lead to some younger kids to get into hardcore. That's all cool with me..

Dude, am I missing something here? Get the "younger kids" into hardcore? Are you kidding? You weren't even alive during the Bad Brains hayday. According to your myspace page, you are aged 18. Think of what the Bad Brains were putting out in 1990. Those albums are awesome, but are no whereclose to being staples in the NYHC community. I say, let the Bad Brains sell out. Let them blow up. They deserve to be superstars. They deserve to be FallOut Boy. If you saw HR at the GB reunion shows, you would be agreeing with me.
Recycled pic, same fit.

IMG_1418.jpg

Sup NT..
Me and the wifey...

Really comfortable slippers...
To go get the worst thing i ever felt in my life...
frown.gif
Thesestitches suck..
tired.gif

Food4Thgt - stitches are a pain in the %+% but its worth it. i had to get stitches to connect my right big toe right under the nail together. it was literallyhanging off. its all good now.

cris1 what is your job in a hospital? jus wondering cuz im in rad tech school rite now.
..............Lead Distribution/Central Supply, I gotta rock Scrubs cuz I walk through all the Units.

Cris.

Dalitso, you got a lot of heat man do your thing son, but just with the JB clothing, I mean it looks good but just dont O.D on it. But overall keep it up!

rotation of wearing the top row for almost 2 weeks now.

was feeling very jordanesque. maybe next week some af1s/am's.

^^ Tru, i had the left corner of my eye stitched once after getting accidently slapped with a hockey stick during a game in gym when i was in middleschool,bqck in like 97

Originally Posted by swoosh23man

Food4Thgt - stitches are a pain in the %+% but its worth it. i had to get stitches to connect my right big toe right under the nail together. it was literally hanging off. its all good now.

Glad to hear that..when i cut my hand on the mirror i felt like i was dying..
frown.gif
laugh.gif

Too hot out there huh?...I do miss the warm weather ...WAY too cold in NYC but I wouldnt trade my city for the world... yesterday was even colder though...Snowout here, but only about 2 inches supposedly...

Right before headin to class...Thompson Air Ones

^ Word up, i hate people who complain about too hot.lol ..... I would never leave NYC, but its freakin cold today.

Originally Posted by hows your edge

I this thead should get off of Dalitso. You can't fault a man for always bringing fire. Let's get back to this.
Originally Posted by SHAOLINS WARRIOR

Originally Posted by Stoopz

SHAOLINS WARRIOR wrote:
nice bad brains shirt PETEROCK1
sucks that i have to see them on MTV now
eyes.gif

talk about selling out....

....agreed, nice shirt. But, I must say, it doesn't really bother me to see them on MTv and I don't even feel that it's a sell out situation. MTv has separated themselves so much from playing music, that only about a third (or less) of their programming is even related to a band or music. That being said, that small amount of time that they actually show anything from a band, it makes me happy that it is actually a group like Bad Brains. Maybe some kid who thinks that Panic at the Disco or Paramore (just two random bands that I hate) is the end all, will check them out and come to their senses.

I'm not even sure I believe in the concept of selling out.....

anyways, that ended up being much longer than I intended....and it was definitely not a knock to your opinion, just merely stating my own. I actually picked up "Build a Nation" towards the end of last year and it's a pretty good album.

I believe that MTV's commercialization of bad brains and their entire history as a band is deemed selling out. A band that was a staple in the NYHC D.I.Y. scene is not meant to be aired on a television station such as MTV. Maybe I'm a bit of a "hardcore elitist" and I dont like when people who know no history get into a band such as bad brains.

But maybe your right with the point that it might lead to some younger kids to get into hardcore. That's all cool with me..

Dude, am I missing something here? Get the "younger kids" into hardcore? Are you kidding? You weren't even alive during the Bad Brains hay day. According to your myspace page, you are aged 18. Think of what the Bad Brains were putting out in 1990. Those albums are awesome, but are no where close to being staples in the NYHC community. I say, let the Bad Brains sell out. Let them blow up. They deserve to be superstars. They deserve to be Fall Out Boy. If you saw HR at the GB reunion shows, you would be agreeing with me.
Recycled pic, same fit.

IMG_1418.jpg

So you're saying bad brains aren't nyhc legends? Of course there not on the lines of warzone, icepick, kingdom of sorrow, bulldoze, madball, sickof it all, etc. but to say they're not "legends" in the respect that they've been around for a minute is silly. They've been around andkept it DIY for the longest time. And of course I'm only 18 and didn't get to experience early 90s sunday matinees and cb's but that's allgood. It all opinions..

You going to UNITED BLOOD by any chance?

dalitso stays with kicks...and he likes jb gear...the thing is I don't necessarily think its his fault...jb from time to time makes nice stuff....its justthat the cut of it is horrible...they mold the clothes for MJ....little do they know everyone on earth isn't 6'6, and 215 pounds...LOL! I myself am6'2 and I have to get a medium in Jordan brand jackets that I like it...that right there should tell u something.... I mean the criticism is gonna comeregardless because everybody here has their own taste.... so if that man wants to be jordan'd out, so be it.... that's all...I'll post in a bit....NT is hilarious.

peace.

Back
Top Bottom