We can't blame the kids AKA Hypebeast

I have been in the shoe game for almost 20 years so I have seen it evolve into what it is today. I remember seeing MJ wearing the latest J's andwondering when and where can I get those? I would call Footlocker, Foot Action, and Athletics Foot trying to figure out when they drop, and to no surprise theemployees would have no clue. But in today's game kids have access to the Internet, sneaker boutiques, and shoe company employees. The Internet,boutiques, and sneaker companies are the ones who build up the hype. They have special event releases, they post early on Ebay for outrageous prices, theyhave Super limited numbers. The kids are reacting to what they are fed. So with all that should we really blame the kids?

I would say we all started the same way, we just didn't have access to the information and we had to work a little harder to find out release dates andsuch... I would say back in the day the Eastbay catalog or Footaction Star Magazine was our version of Hypebeast (I could remember dudes fiending for a peekduring 7th grade History class.)

There is no one to blame but the resellers who are in it only for money... We all get hyped when we see a nice pair of kicks but we've always been likethis... Not some lame with dough who doesn't give a damn about the sneakers or what they mean to our culture but manages to snatch up 5 pairs of BlackCement 3's not to rock and put on ice but to list on Ebay the next day for triple the price... I mean I respect the hustle but it has got out of hand.

There will always be posers and d***riders but in time their interest fades when they jump on some other fad. It's just a matter of time

Originally Posted by untouchable jc

I would say we all started the same way, we just didn't have access to the information and we had to work a little harder to find out release dates and such... I would say back in the day the Eastbay catalog or Footaction Star Magazine was our version of Hypebeast (I could remember dudes fiending for a peek during 7th grade History class.)

There is no one to blame but the resellers who are in it only for money... We all get hyped when we see a nice pair of kicks but we've always been like this... Not some lame with dough who doesn't give a damn about the sneakers or what they mean to our culture but manages to snatch up 5 pairs of Black Cement 3's not to rock and put on ice but to list on Ebay the next day for triple the price... I mean I respect the hustle but it has got out of hand.

There will always be posers and d***riders but in time their interest fades when they jump on some other fad. It's just a matter of time
I agree, but this might be in the wrong thread

Originally Posted by royalflush1230

Originally Posted by untouchable jc

I would say we all started the same way, we just didn't have access to the information and we had to work a little harder to find out release dates and such... I would say back in the day the Eastbay catalog or Footaction Star Magazine was our version of Hypebeast (I could remember dudes fiending for a peek during 7th grade History class.)

There is no one to blame but the resellers who are in it only for money... We all get hyped when we see a nice pair of kicks but we've always been like this... Not some lame with dough who doesn't give a damn about the sneakers or what they mean to our culture but manages to snatch up 5 pairs of Black Cement 3's not to rock and put on ice but to list on Ebay the next day for triple the price... I mean I respect the hustle but it has got out of hand.

I agree, but this might be in the wrong thread

You right, I just responded to the guys question
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom