We gettin money #&??@$ Vol. Settlement

just got my mail today and got a nice surprise  from bank of america from the overdraft settlement 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

w2kkdi.jpg

e84rrt.jpg

Bank of America should have sent a note along with it that said "Don't spend it all in one place." 

yooooo

I hope I got one in the mail when I get home.

It's automatic to all customers.... right

WAIT... i remember receiving letters about this but did i have to do anything to be a part of this case?? 
That $98 is lookin soo good to me right now
grin.gif

I hope i get one...%&$# BOA if i dont
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I had an old account that I closed, that had a few overdrafts. But I still have another BOA account. Am I going to get anything? 

pimp.gif
I need to check my mail.

I just went over that link that was posted.

The lawsuit claims that Bank of America processed debit card transactions in order of highest to lowest dollar amount to maximize the number of overdraft fees assessed to its customers. Specifically, the lawsuit claims that, instead of declining transactions when an account had insufficient funds to cover a purchase, Bank of America authorized the transactions and then processed them in highest to lowest dollar amount order, which had the effect of increasing the number of overdraft fees the bank charged its customers. The complaints in this action are posted on this website, and contain all of the allegations and claims asserted against Bank of America. Bank of America maintains there was nothing wrong about the posting process used.

So wait, when was this lawsuit settled? Because BofA STILL does this. I've had them turn off Overdraft protection on at least 3 different occasions because of this. But eventually they make some "change" and it gets turned back on.

Originally Posted by FlipnKraut

pimp.gif
I need to check my mail.

I just went over that link that was posted.

The lawsuit claims that Bank of America processed debit card transactions in order of highest to lowest dollar amount to maximize the number of overdraft fees assessed to its customers. Specifically, the lawsuit claims that, instead of declining transactions when an account had insufficient funds to cover a purchase, Bank of America authorized the transactions and then processed them in highest to lowest dollar amount order, which had the effect of increasing the number of overdraft fees the bank charged its customers. The complaints in this action are posted on this website, and contain all of the allegations and claims asserted against Bank of America. Bank of America maintains there was nothing wrong about the posting process used.

So wait, when was this lawsuit settled? Because BofA STILL does this. I've had them turn off Overdraft protection on at least 3 different occasions because of this. But eventually they make some "change" and it gets turned back on.

but don't all banks do their transactions that way? i know for a fact that wachovia did.

I just realized I overdrafed my BOA account after the effective date. I called and complained and wouldn;t get it taken off. Guess no extra money for me.

btw nothing in my mailbox. feelsbadman

I got a notice in the mail about the settlement but still no money and they said by november.

Back
Top Bottom