We need a Pre-Order System for Big Releases

People would line up for a pre-order
laugh.gif
. Instead of lining up on release day everyone would line up the day they take pre-orders.
I don't see a difference.

laugh.gif
It's almost scary how much "Shoe collecting" rivals Festivals and concert tickets. It's a come up at the end of the day and you ain't gonna stop nobody (especially in this income from getting an extra $50-100.

Up in Canada only FL does pre-order, Champs use to but stop.

As long as its done right and no shady business I don't see a problem.

Originally Posted by Patent2305

People would line up for a pre-order
laugh.gif
. Instead of lining up on release day everyone would line up the day they take pre-orders.
I don't see a difference.

my thoughts exactly. so now youve doubled the chaos.. lines to pre order, lines for RD. plus the ppl that are salty from missing pre order, will come pre pissed on the RD.. that wont end well!

That would be awesome but prob won't happen. I think they use to do that back in the day on like eastbay though.

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

yea man stop trying to do their jobs. its obvious they want supply and demand... and limited availability is what i want too.

u think i work this hard so i can see every other guy with the shoes i have?

Let it go. buy more jordans
laugh.gif
Are we serious here? Didn't know people really felt like this.
laugh.gif

All OP is asking for is a change in how shoes are sold to people. At the end of the day, the stock will be the same and you still have the hypebeasts walking around in your shoes.

I mentioned doing pre-orders awhile ago in another thread. I hope eventually NIke does this because it's way out of hand now. I didn't even try for certain shoes because it's too much of a hassle now.

yea that mess of a system was horrible they banking millions/billions per release but cant get the servers to handle the traffic...somebody revive Steve Jobs @++ put him to work

As long as people are going to pay $100 to 2x 3x retail, RDs are going to be a mess for a while....

C'mon, NDC has had issues for YEARS when it comes to big releases.  Dates back 7+ years.....Why would Nike spend cash to upgrade their servers?  Shoes will sell out no matter what.  

I don't see the point of pre-orders. With any big release, everybody would just be waiting for the pre-order date instead of the release date and the shoe would be "sold out" before they even become available....

Originally Posted by AttitudeMatters

We got pre orders for big releases in Canada
happy.gif

Yea, and on top of that, they have free healthcare. I picked up my Olympic 7s in Canada back in 04.

first come first served >

i dont care about sites crashing and all that. that is expected.

i just wish there was away to tame the resellers. that is the problem.
go in any buy/sell forum now and the front page has at least 5 cement iv's for sale for 100+ over retail.
everyone wants to be a reseller now, its really comedic.

bottom line is nike sold all the pairs. how it was done and what methods applied are of minimal concern to nike. as a decades old collector and customer I, along with others, may not agree with it, but it is what it is. simple as that.

Wouldn't people just on the first day of pre-order instead of the day of release? Foot Lockers pre-order in Canada, it works okay, although it has its flaws, but generally Americans are more knowledgeable about shoe release dates than people here.

Really don't see any solutions. More supply would do away with some of the reselling, however, Nike would lose the hype and even some collectors may not like it because the shoes wouldn't be as limited and would lose some of its value.

I never bought Jordans in person, but somebody told me there is a limit of one shoe per customer. I'm guessing it could depend on each store? Main reason I bring it up is if that is true, I don't see why when you buy online, they allow you to buy 2 pairs. May be alone, but I would rather it be one shoe per transaction when you buy them online.

they do pre-orders here in canada.(vancouver) it works just fine(gotta be pick up on the same day though, or else it will be sold). All the recent big releases(space jams,cool greys, chicago 10`s, Concords, cement IV's) were an easy pickup. And they do order atleast 2 more pairs/size for others. so those who do line up for em, they get a slight chance of walking out with atleast a pair.

pre-Orders = less headaches, no lineups, and those who really want em get theirs for sure.

THis idea makes too much sense for anyone to ever instill... the funny thing is if Nike slightly increased the amount of shoes they send out to stores or have available online more people would be satisfied and they would make more money, rather than people who dont even want a specific release but simply buy them to sell at ridiculously high prices

Originally Posted by bence23

Originally Posted by sunshineblotters

!$!% Nike. There I said it. Spend millions hyping a sinlge release but won't pay for decent servers to back that hype. However I bet Fabulous got one for free over a month ago.

Nike doesnt hype. We do. And the sneaker blogs. 
That's where you are wrong. They do. One they give these sneakers to every celebrity that are like us sneakerheads (those who rose from nothing and aspire to be somebody, so they can buy everything they ever wanted). They give it to them MONTHS before the official release. Ohhh look Fabulous was wearing a pair at the blah blah blah party. Jay-Z rocked em in the Boston stop of the WTT tour blah blah blah. And I can bet that some are even paid by Nike. If we could prove/disprove this I would bet any amount of money Fabulous gets a phat check from Nike. And we would be fools not to believe that some of these blogs have a few key members who work for Nike. They hype as bad as the hypebeast, they just make it look like they don't.
Even if they don't hype, that is no excuse for what went down on Saturday, or during the Concord release etc what will happen during the Fire Red and BRed IVs releases as well as the Columbia drops (nothing will change, we all know this)

Originally Posted by FutureDHughes

If they were to do this system, the resellers would cease to exist.

Disagree. We have that system where I'm from, and resellers pre-order along with the non-resellers. I think the only way to beat resellers is to produce a lot more than what they're currently producing, but that's not happening.

I dont understand how a pre-ordering system will work. If you tell people its going to go up on a certain date then everyone just floods the servers again. You're not doing anything other than changing the date of when the shoes actually releases.

Back
Top Bottom