WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

WHAT KIND OF THEATER WERE YOU AT? People leaving early, some asking for a refund and some sleep?

The movie has been out for over a week. Plenty of reviews online to see what the movie is about and what to expect so I'm calling b.s on ppl leaving early/asking for refunds. A bunch of usual suspects just waste their time and money so they can whine on YouTube

Your man is trolling, man.:lol:

There were little white kids screaming out 'Wakanda!' at my second viewing.:lol:

I have yet to hear a critic criticize the story. If anything, the prevailing opinion is that it's a very well told story. Character motivations and actions make sense. Perfect setup and foreshadowing in the right spots. Subtly introducing and explaining world bending concepts and not having it come off as blatant exposition.

Someone check if son's IP links to Russia.:lol:

Last edited:
The movie has been out for over a week. Plenty of reviews online to see what the movie is about and what to expect so I'm calling b.s on ppl leaving early/asking for refunds. A bunch of usual suspects just waste their time and money so they can whine on YouTube

Yeah I aint believing that walking out of the theater part. Maybe a bathroom break, and falling asleep? How do you even see that. :lol:

MBJ aint hitting no god levels with that terrible performance.

Only time I remember experiencing something like that was Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. BP was lit, people laughing, applauding at the end. Where was this theater? Mississippi or some ****?

Magic theatre in largo was where I watched it. no reason for me to lie. and I didnt see someone sleeping, I heard it.

regarding seeing the reviews, this isnt the first time something like this happened. I saw plenty of ppl walk out on blade runner + sleep during that movie.. and the film holds great reviews.

I even wrote about it in the blade runner thread :lol:

https://niketalk.com/threads/blade-...ista-leto-etc-scifi-masterpiece.657336/page-6

Black Panther is about 1000x more nuanced and complex thematically than any other Marvel movie, so just judging it purely on artistic terms, it's the best Marvel film.

If you want to talk about technical execution of blockbuster filmaking, you make the argument for some of the other films.

MBJ performance was absolutely tonally inconsistent with the rest of the film, seems to me that was a deliberate choice, hate it or love it.

IMO he was trying to do too much in each scene, but unlike 99% of CBM movie villains MBJ actually had real genuine truthful moments, his death scene, his scene with his father..

On 2nd viewing, I didn't realize how little screen time MBJ actually had in the movie. Or it at least felt like it...

And the fact that Coogler was able to develop the character and have layers to him is impressive.

Still my favorite MCU movie to date. Shoutout Oakland, CA.

That Killmonger ancestral plane scene went a really long way. Every scene he was in was specifically used to pull back another layer of the onion and give us more of an understanding of his true motivation until he flat out says it.

This movie is perfect in the sense that it doesn’t necessarily hold your hand, and it allows you to get to an understanding naturally enough to make you feel like part of the story and not like it’s being told to you. Seeing the setups for later payoffs...it’s pretty damn beautiful how well this story is told.

So where the movie was mostly shot?

I see nothing but Atlanta landmarks in the movie - Musem, “Oakland, Ca” U.N. Chambers...

The beginning and the end. Idk if Coogler actually shot those in Oakland or just added the back drop but you can definitely see downtown Oakland when they're hooping at night. But I did hear they did actually shoot some scenes in Oakland.

But those scenes from back in the day, some of the current buildings in downtown Oakland ain't there like they are now...so who knows...

But Killmonger definitely was Oakland. Even the references to the Black Panther party was pffftt :pimp:

The beginning and the end. Idk if Coogler actually shot those in Oakland or just added the back drop but you can definitely see downtown Oakland when they're hooping at night. But I did hear they did actually shoot some scenes in Oakland.

But those scenes from back in the day, some of the current buildings in downtown Oakland ain't there like they are now...so who knows...

But Killmonger definitely was Oakland. Even the references to the Black Panther party was pffftt :pimp:

I know for sure that basketball parking lot and building scene is across the street of the ebrnezer church/wheat street towers in atlanta.

Did they shoot anything in Africa? :lol:

MBJ performance was absolutely tonally inconsistent with the rest of the film, seems to me that was a deliberate choice, hate it or love it.

IMO he was trying to do too much in each scene, but unlike 99% of CBM movie villains MBJ actually had real genuine truthful moments, his death scene, his scene with his father..
Agree on the scene with his father. That was good. Squeezed out that tear. But he wasn't speaking as much there so...
But death scene was just another death scene, spit a line and croak.

Concert art but the closest to it

andy-park-blackpanther-tchaka02-andypark.jpg
I'd love to see how this suit fares in combat. It doesn't look like it relies on stealth like T'Challa's BP suit, rather it look like it's more confrontational.

On 2nd viewing, I didn't realize how little screen time MBJ actually had in the movie. Or it at least felt like it...

And the fact that Coogler was able to develop the character and have layers to him is impressive.

Still my favorite MCU movie to date. Shoutout Oakland, CA.

Yeah I noticed that too. It had us thinking it was gonna be a typical vibranium story with Klaw.

Lol, BP could literally not make one more dollar from now on and the WW total would still be pretty decent for an mcu movie

Mark Hamill Wants Guardians Of The Galaxy 3 Role; James Gunn Is Interested

Don’t understand how this dude didn’t own cinema after SWs...he was one of the better parts of TLJ

He would be a great villain...but who?

Back
Top Bottom