WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

So I'm thinking...in a desperate attempt to escape the quantum realm, Scott uses the time vortex. He jumps into the future and that's how he meets old man Tony, at the beginning of Avengers 4?

Posted this about a week ago

Read about the after credits scene for Ant-Man and the Wasp

My A4 theory

My guess is that Avengers 4 will pick up with Scott escaping the Quantum Realm by going through the time vortex described in the film and winding up in the future (yes, Hank, Janet and Hope get dusted). In the film Scott is warned to stay away from an area known as the time vortex (so much for no time travel Russos).

Maybe Scott goes into the vortex, which kicks him out in a place 4-5 years from the events of Ant-Man and the Wasp and Infinity War. This is how we see the older Cassie (as cast for A4) and introduces us to an older Tony (the gray haired Tony in the set photos). The two then go back in time using the Pym Particles and Quantum Realm, kicking off the events of A4.

This would go to explain why Tony is the only character who looks older in the set photos. And it would explain why no one else went back in time yet. Until Scott re-emerged, they didn't know the technology existed.

I could see the future timeline with future Cassie and Tony being a "Through a glass, darkly" kind of deal. In this timeline, Cassie never became Stature (because her father disappeared and her access to Pym Tech did as well with Hank and Janet going away). The Avengers are most likely dead and gone after another failed encounter with Thanos (aside from Tony because he never got over Pepper and Peter getting dusted). So Scott seeks out Tony because it's the only person he knows left that can help him go back to his own timeline (Marty McFly and Doc Brown). Tony then uses this to his advantage to correct mistakes of the past (and also the new Pym Tech provides a road to the Infinity Stones).

Last edited:
Finally watched it. Solid flick. Enjoyed part 1 more. Wish there was more scenes of Wasp kicking ***. Restaurant scene was money :pimp:

My man Goggins basically playing the same character from Justified :lol: not gonna complain. GOAT show :pimp:

6.4/8

Just got finished watching...Like the first one more but this felt like a natural continuation of that...

Wasp fight scenes were all kinds of dope...

The ghosting effects they used with Ghost was low key disturbing in a couple spots...Specifically when it showed her face looking all pissed off...

Anybody see any of these supposed Easter Eggs that were planted in the quantum realm scenes...Saw what looked like maybe a city but nothing else...

Lawrence Fishburne and Michelle Pfeiffer were way underused...Fingers crossed they get more play in the future...

Finally I was most happy with the minor stakes in this film...No world threatening event, just good guys wanting to save someone they love, and the “bad guy” just wanting to survive...Just gave the whole universe a chance to breathe after the heaviness that IW brought...

There's an outside chance that maybe they're performing a quantum realm mission because of the attacks.

Maybe they thought quantum healing particles would be necessary for something.

Maybe Captain Marvel will shed some light on that? Supposedly, her powers are quantum realm related. At least that's a theory I heard some time ago.

Haven’t been keeping up with the thread but Scott specifically says they’re collecting the healing particles to help their new friend Ghost...

So clearly whatever Janet was able to do with her wasn’t permanent or didn’t completely heal her...

Last edited:
I just assumed she stabilized her to buy some more time and she knew they could just harness more Quantum juice later.

It sucks to come out of the quantum realm for 30 years though and then be dusted 5 min later:rolleyes

One last thing to get off my chest after watching the movie...Literally everybody leaving the theater were tripping on how Scott could get out of the quantum realm without anybody on the outside to help...

The guy literally escaped the quantum realm in the first movie by simply rigging his regulator to grow instead of shrink...Tech his suits have had built in since Civil War...

Last edited:
I just assumed she stabilized her to buy some more time and she knew they could just harness more Quantum juice later.

It sucks to come out of the quantum realm for 30 years though and then be dusted 5 min later:rolleyes

That’s the way I got it too...Whatever she did to Ghost was just a temp fix...

VlCn7pa.png

Somebody got a new job

One last thing to get off my chest after watching the movie...Literally everybody leaving the theater were tripping on how Scott could get out of the quantum realm without anybody on the outside to help...

The guy literally escaped the quantum realm in the first movie by simply rigging his regulator to grow instead of shrink...Tech his suits have had built in since Civil War...
The regulator from the civil war suit was used as the tracker for the building so he didn’t have it anymore. The suit he had at the end, the regulator was damaged

I loved the comedy. Paul Rudd kills it.

He got the short side of the stick with the action scenes, though.

He didn’t have any cool antman scenes. Dude was giant man much longer :lol:

I liked how the newspaper gave him the giant man name.

The regulator from the civil war suit was used as the tracker for the building so he didn’t have it anymore. The suit he had at the end, the regulator was damaged

I have faith that the Russo’s will explain it in A4 but at the end of this movie that just felt like a glaring plot hole...

Plus we don’t know if it’s broken on the suit he’s using when he enters the quantum realm...There’s no point or reference for how mich time passed between the events of the film and the mid credits scene...Certainly enough time passed for Hank and Janet to build the mini tunnel in the back of the van...

Again though I’m sure the Russo’s will clear it up but at this point it’s all just speculation anyway...Just saying all these theories floating on the interweb about how he gets out are super contrived since he simply just grew larger in the first movie :lol:...

That was the old suit.

Pym took out the regulators for the new suits.

Lang has been wearing the new suit since. They specifically used the old suit and its regulators as a plot device to find Ghost and the lab.

Scott is stuck and screwed there. I'd like to see the time vortexes take him on a wild ride before popping up in the future.

Posted this about a week ago
You know those scumbag supporters are use to stealing.

Last edited:
That was the old suit.

Pym took out the regulators for the new suits.

Lang has been wearing the new suit since. They specifically used the old suit and its regulators as a plot device to find Ghose and the lab.

Scott is stuck and screwed there. I'd like to see the time vortexes take him on a wild ride before popping up in the future.

You know those scumbag supporters are use to stealing.

He had the regulator on his old suit to keep him from growing...That was a minor plot point in that movie...Hank said it wasn’t safe to grow larger blah blah blah...In this movie the regulator is taken off the suits because, as Hank said early in this movie, Scott showed it wasn’t needed (I.E. it’s not crazy dangerous to go giant)...In fact Hank’s clearly embraced the enlargement science since he has an army of giant damn ants crawling around his lab helping him build his tunnel...Point is Scott’s current suit has the tech built in so the regulator is irrelevant anyway...

Scott’s been going giant since Civil War but now that he’s trapped in the quantum realm again, where he’s already been shown to escape by simply growing larger, he can’t?

Just saying how funny it is to see all these crazy theories everywhere regarding him getting out of the quantum realm when he’s already done it before with tech that’s been used several times over the course of three movies...

Really wish they would’ve included a line about the suit still being broken or something because these theories are going to keep getting bigger and crazier until A4 hits :lol:...

I have faith in the Russo’s for clearing it up though...

He had the regulator on his old suit to keep him from growing...That was a minor plot point in that movie...Hank said it wasn’t safe to grow larger blah blah blah...In this movie the regulator is taken off the suits because, as Hank said early in this movie, Scott showed it wasn’t needed (I.E. it’s not crazy dangerous to go giant)...In fact Hank’s clearly embraced the enlargement science since he has an army of giant damn ants crawling around his lab helping him build his tunnel...Point is Scott’s current suit has the tech built in so the regulator is irrelevant anyway...

Scott’s been going giant since Civil War but now that he’s trapped in the quantum realm again, where he’s already been shown to escape by simply growing larger, he can’t?

Just saying how funny it is to see all these crazy theories everywhere regarding him getting out of the quantum realm when he’s already done it before with tech that’s been used several times over the course of three movies...

Really wish they would’ve included a line about the suit still being broken or something because these theories are going to keep getting bigger and crazier until A4 hits :lol:...

I have faith in the Russo’s for clearing it up though...
The whole thing in the first movie as you mentioned is he rigged the regulator to get out of the quantum realm. Hank had the regulators not just for getting too big but also for going too small. It's why he warned him about the quantum realm and we hear those same warnings when Scott messes with it anyway and goes there.

This new suit without the regulators that embraces going giant doesn't have that and because of w/e upgrades he put it in he's still working out the kinks.

Hence, why Scott almost drowned after going giant, couldn't control his size at times, etc.

The first time he did it some luck was on his side. Untested suit clearly aint reliable and since they used the quantum tunnel to get there the last 2 times it's kinds clear he cant save himself like last time. Which is why he was yelling for them to bring him back

Its not like Scott was some genius who figured out how to do what Pym couldn't and can easily do it again.

The whole thing in the first movie as you mentioned is he rigged the regulator to get out of the quantum realm.

This new suit without the regulators that embraces going giant doesn't have that and because of w/e upgrades he put it in he's still working out the kinks.

Hence, why Scott almost drowned after going giant, couldn't control his size at times, etc.

The first time he did it some luck was on his side. Untested suit clearly aint reliable and since they used the quantum tunnel to get there the last 2 times it's kinds clear he cant save himself like last time. Which is why he was yelling for them to bring him back

Its not like Hank was some genius who figured out how to do what Pym couldn't and can easily do it again.

That’s why I said I wish they put in a line about the suit being broken or something in the mid credits scene...They left everything way to speculative...Just seemed comical actually to have him stuck in a spot he’s been in, and escaped from before...

Maybe if it was Hank or Dawn that went in instead of Scott I would’ve been better with it...

Oh well A4 will clear it out I’m sure because judging by this then ol’ boy’s going to have a big role to play...

BARF tech through the quantum tunnel and into the quantum realm, then used through the time vortex? Tell me when I can buy my damn tickets...

So Janet survived all that time in the quantum realm with no food and water?
As she said, she didn't just adapt but being there made her evolve.

Probably don't even need sustenance anymore with all that quantum energy in her.

Plus she commentee on how time passed differently. I'm betting while her body aged like it was suppose to it probably felt more like 10 years not 30. I figure that explains why shes not insane.

I still would've liked it if she had shrank small enough to go to the Microverse but I can hope thats the basis of the next movie; And-Man & the Wasp: Enter the Microverse.

As she said, she didn't just adapt but being there made her evolve.

Probably don't even need sustenance anymore with all that quantum energy in her.

Plus she commentee on how time passed differently. I'm betting while her body aged like it was suppose to it probably felt more like 10 years not 30. I figure that explains why shes not insane.

I still would've liked it if she had shrank small enough to go to the Microverse but I can hope thats the basis of the next movie; And-Man & the Wasp: Enter the Microverse.

I don’t think Marvel owns the rights to the Micronauts though so calling it the “Microverse” probably won’t happen...IE “Age of Miracles” in place of Mutants :lol:...

Miniverse? Quantumverse?

I loved the comedy. Paul Rudd kills it.

He got the short side of the stick with the action scenes, though.

He didn’t have any cool antman scenes. Dude was giant man much longer :lol:

I liked how the newspaper gave him the giant man name.
I might need to watch it again but I felt like the Wasp had all the cool scenes. It was like he was the bumbling sidekick and she was doing all the legwork.

If there was a superhero draft, right now I'm drafting the Wasp over Antman even though she can't go giant

I might need to watch it again but I felt like the Wasp had all the cool scenes. It was like he was the bumbling sidekick and she was doing all the legwork.

If there was a superhero draft, right now I'm drafting the Wasp over Antman even though she can't go giant

This...

The chase scene with her whooping butt in the SUV was fantastic...

Back
Top Bottom