WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

About to go for a 2nd A&W viewing. Watching it in IMAX 3D. Not a fan of 3D but I’m curious to see if it enhances the quantum realm scenes. Only movie I’ve ever really enjoyed in the 3D format was Dr. Strange for similar reasons.

Would that ruin the film for you completely?
Nah, wouldnt say ruin completely and I would keep in mind execution of that an idea but as of now I wouldnt like it much at all. In comparison, I'd much rather Captain Marvel showing up and single handedly beating Thanos with the IG on her own :lol:

I know the movies and comics are different and are suppose to be given limitations and creative freedom but in the comics, it use to be infinity gems from other universes wouldn't even work in other universes. Then they changed it to the gems and an infinity gauntlet from another universe would have some power but limited and pale in comparison to the IG of that universe.

So unless they gonna form a new IG from stones from different universes just for them to fail against Thanos cuz he got the real deal Holyfield version I'm not gonna be all that happy with them winning that way.

Plus the other thing is I dont even have a lot invested in how they beat Thanos anyway. Just not a dumb meh way. To me i always felt the tried and true method of Thanos selfsabotaging himself like he usually does work best for these stories. I'd be open to different ways but only ones that make overall sense like not just for the story but the future of the MCU.
I thought Tony creating his own infinity stones would’ve been dope.

But I just want to see Captain Marvel **** **** up and Adam Worlock make his debut.
Tony creating his own infinity stones would be insane and make him way past over powered :lol:

Like there's a small connection and reach since he created a new element to keep himself alive and power the suits but creating infinity stones like he's more powerful than a celestial :rofl: Too far.

I really really hope that they'll explain in A4 why out of million of realities Thanos getting all the stones and snapping half of the universe was the only way

It better not be something stupid like Tony is the key to victory and giving Thanos the stone was the only way to spare Tony's life in all of the realities
That's exactly it.

Deep down you know it to be true. Don't you agree?

Last edited:
Tony creating his own infinity stones would be insane and make him way past over powered :lol:

Like there's a small connection and reach since he created a new element to keep himself alive and power the suits but creating infinity stones like he's more powerful than a celestial :rofl: Too far.

True. I still think it would be an interesting route.

Plus the other thing is I dont even have a lot invested in how they beat Thanos anyway. Just not a dumb meh way. To me i always felt the tried and true method of Thanos selfsabotaging himself like he usually does work best for these stories. I'd be open to different ways but only ones that make overall sense like not just for the story but the future of the MCU.

A coworker of mine said Thanos was going to **** himself over by going back to see Gamora and lose it then.

The weekend is tallying in at a little over 76 mil...not good at all :smh:
Lol you must be a half glass empty person

Opening weekend jumped 20 percent from the previous Ant Man

160 mil budget, which is lower than the average mcu movie

Expectations for this movie was not really that high to begin with

Movie will be fine.

If the movie hits a 600 + WW total marvel studios will be more than satisfied.

The gauntlet is just an apparatus to harness the power. I can’t imagine it not working.

Yeah, infinity stones only work in their native universe and dimensions. The gauntlet itself is just a repository for the stones.

In the comics.

Keep in mind that entire theory and rumor isn't really baded on anything. Same way ppl keep throwing BARF tech in to the mix.

I dont think they'll change it but if they do there you go for how they defeat Thanos.

There haven't been many plans to beat someone with the IG other than swarm them with bodies and attacks. The one for Thanos was distract him and trick him in to giving it up. Worked once.

Lol you must be a half glass empty person

Opening weekend jumped 20 percent from the previous Ant Man

160 mil budget, which is lower than the average mcu movie

Expectations for this movie was not really that high to begin with

Movie will be fine.

If the movie hits a 600 + WW total marvel studios will be more than satisfied.

I hope it gets to 600+ WW just because I don’t want this film to suffer do to people lying to themselves for how great IW was and yet the turnout for this movie is minimal :smh: The advertisement has been there which is why this movie opening under 80 mil is jarring. Next weekend domestic is gonna be ROUGH. This is gonna be odd for A4 being that a big part of its plot coincides with things that happen in this film.

Still not sure why the Russo’s were openly claiming Barf as an answer to things.

I'm pretty sure that the Quantum Realm will be the key to time travel. Ant man and Tony Stark will be among the more important characters to the story

Watched the movie and the mid credit scene garnered a lot of reaction. What I thought about was how we don't know the outcome of Ghost so maybe she can still help Antman get out of the quantum level. Or Fishburne's character for that matter. I'll definitely say that the scene got me wanting more Marvel movies now more than ever!

I hope it gets to 600+ WW just because I don’t want this film to suffer do to people lying to themselves for how great IW was and yet the turnout for this movie is minimal

Lol it sounds like you're blaming IW for Ant Man 2 turnout. I hope that's not what you're doing. Cuz that wouldn't make sense.

i think the BARF tech will be used simply because Marvel doesnt show us something for no reason

i dont think that brief period in Civil War was the extent of it

BARF being used in place of a reality stone sounds like i good theory

Lol it sounds like you're blaming IW for Ant Man 2 turnout. I hope that's not what you're doing. Cuz that wouldn't make sense.

I am blaming IW for Ant Man 2’s turnout. That movie was touted as “the end” and now you turn around and have A&W being a continuation and not really the end with no real stakes and people aren’t invested. Marvel got their money with that marketing trick and now I feel the next few films will suffer from it. Don’t know how Marvel plans on giving a film high stakes in the future with the way they’re handling the consequences and residual effects of IW

I am blaming IW for Ant Man 2’s turnout. That movie was touted as “the end” and now you turn around and have A&W being a continuation and not really the end with no real stakes and people aren’t invested. Marvel got their money with that marketing trick and now I feel the next few films will suffer from it. Don’t know how Marvel plans on giving a film high stakes in the future with the way they’re handling the consequences and residual effects of IW
Yea...none of this post makes sense. If people was really upset about IW not being 'the end' then it wouldn't have made 2 billion dollars.

Yea...none of this post makes sense. If people was really upset about IW not being 'the end' then it wouldn't have made 2 billion dollars.

IW “killed” superheroes and had the “villain” win but there is a continuation to the story no? Ask yourself if A4 is gonna make as much IW. If you say no than you’re leading to my point. If you say yes, than think how plausible that is when people aren’t watching Antman & Wasp which is a big tie in to how events are rectified in A4. I’m sure Marvel didn’t expect A&W to make huge numbers but a Marvel film underperforming opening weekend numbers shouldn’t be happening in a post IW world. Something went wrong...

Ask yourself if A4 is gonna make as much IW. If you say no than you’re leading to my point.
A4 is going to make more.

So much more.

It's only underperforming compared to other character's solo movies

You need to remember that even though it's immediately post IW, it's still an Ant Man movie, and that it's actually doing better than the first Ant Man movie.

The first Ant Man movie did 56 mil opening weekend..

i dont think people took that ‘the end’ stuff serious

comic book people know better
and the casual movie person knows a ‘the end’ in Hollywood hardly ever follows through

still dont understand the signifigance of sweating or arguing over profits

as long as the studio heads are making a profit they are more liberal with creative control

and Marvel is pretty good at stcking to the script

**** man they cant all break records

Back
Top Bottom