WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

With so many movies requiring CGI it's possible there aren't enough AAA digital studios with talented artists out there and the work's being outsourced a bit too heavily.
Avengers 4 is way ahead of schedule so it shouldn't be a problem this time.

Therein lies the problem. You know damn near everyone's being resurrected, especially Spidey so that makes his 'final words' coupled with RDJ's nonchalance even worse than it is.

They dropped the ball on the whole everyone dying thing. We know damn well black panther and spiderman are not dying . Plus the whole end of credits scene ruined the whole movie if you ask me. Why did they have to show who's supposed to rescue them ? And to top off the botch they added the thanos will return junk . PERFECT ending would've been thanos watching the wakanda sunset it ends while we all wait for the end credits and nothing happens. Then when the other movies release this year it is before infinity war. At least this way we leave the theater somewhat believing It is true.

I think Tony was very confused. Which for someone like him is rare.

Wheres Pepper?
Happy?
Rhodey?
Whats happening back home?
Did we just lose?
How bad did i mess up? This kid just turned to dust
How do i get home?

Tony probably had a million WILD questions hit him at 1 time.

My only gripe with the IM Spidey scene is RDJ could have acted it out a bit better? Maybe more emotion, idk....it just missed the mark for me in terms of the gravity of the situation.

Same stoneface he made when he got stabbed by Thanos. RDJ hasn't given a damn in a minute.

Why did they have to show who's supposed to rescue them ?
tumblr_pcpx15H8p91r5zq6ao4_540.gif

tumblr_pcpx15H8p91r5zq6ao5_540.gif

They dropped the ball on the whole everyone dying thing. We know damn well black panther and spiderman are not dying . Plus the whole end of credits scene ruined the whole movie if you ask me. Why did they have to show who's supposed to rescue them ? And to top off the botch they added the thanos will return junk . PERFECT ending would've been thanos watching the wakanda sunset it ends while we all wait for the end credits and nothing happens. Then when the other movies release this year it is before infinity war. At least this way we leave the theater somewhat believing It is true.
Uhh, Thanos was not in Wakanda watching the sunset.

Same stoneface he made when he got stabbed by Thanos. RDJ hasn't given a damn in a minute.
I thought his shock of being stabbed was good. But being that he kind of became Peter's "dad", I thought he would've shown more emotion. Simply due to how much Peter looked up to him and has been part of his growth as Spider-Man.

Still a sad a moment. Thought Holland did a good job in that scene.

I dunno feel like Tony was the same way when he thought Pepper was dead in IM3. I was fine with it especially with the BARF sequence in CW and how they kinda revealed his relationship with his dad in IM2. Dudes upbringing never really allowed him to have those type of personal relationships
similar to the complaints of how Starlord overreacted in IW but was shown he was just blastin on Ego in GOTG2

i think tony was stunned (and that's what RDJ was going for)..

tony is a shhh talker and even when he's going down, he's talking shhh.. and he'll usually come up with brilliant plans in a matter of seconds/minutes that end up saving day

and he's in a situation where there is nothing he can do to save spidey

Yeah, I can see that too.

So, if Capt. Marvel is scheduled to release in March and A4 is moved up to April...Wow, Disney is going to make some good money making again lol

problem is CM comes out Mar8 and then Dumbo comes out Mar 29

if A4 comes out late April then that is just cannibalizing on each other again

Shazam comes out Apr 5 too so CMs gon' have to make those big bucks in the first 2 weeks

The piss poor acting in IW is one of my numerous complaints as well. Don’t get me wrong some scenes were very well acted but many scenes that were supposed to make you feel something came off flat. Case in point, Peter dying. How do they not allow RDJ to explode with emotion on that scene? He showed more emotion when he was about to fight Team Cap. Like his nightmare is literally happening in front of him.

But as repeated ad nausea ni hated the fact that Spider-Man died and they used the scared and crying gimmick AGAIN with him. Had the movie ended with proven heroes like Thor and Iron Man dying and the only ones left are less proven heroes like Spider-Man and Mantis and Rocket then you have a much more shocking ending and so much fear for the next installment and how those heroes are gonna deal with Thanos. Like what is there to fear with a full powered Thor and Hulk still breathing?

The piss poor acting in IW is one of my numerous complaints as well. Don’t get me wrong some scenes were very well acted but many scenes that were supposed to make you feel something came off flat. Case in point, Peter dying. How do they not allow RDJ to explode with emotion on that scene? He showed more emotion when he was about to fight Team Cap. Like his nightmare is literally happening in front of him.

But as repeated ad nausea ni hated the fact that Spider-Man died and they used the scared and crying gimmick AGAIN with him. Had the movie ended with proven heroes like Thor and Iron Man dying and the only ones left are less proven heroes like Spider-Man and Mantis and Rocket then you have a much more shocking ending and so much fear for the next installment and how those heroes are gonna deal with Thanos. Like what is there to fear with a full powered Thor and Hulk still breathing?
People were turning into dust out of nowhere. I would expect a stunned/shocked expression more than an explosion of emotions personally.

Edit: Also I see you slipped Rocket in there as an unproven hero. :lol:

Buggin hard. The thread has had this argument before. Tony Stark isn't going to bawl like a baby like Andrew Garfield's spider man

What rdj did when Tom Holland's character vanished wasn't poor acting, that's just you expecting him to do something he shouldn't be doing lol

Barbados Slim Barbados Slim turning into dust should have freaked him out to the point of emotion especially when he just went toe to toe with an alien tyrant and the innocent kid he drug into all of this just begged for his life. Dude reacted like Will Smith in the final episode of Fresh Prince of Bel Air looking around the living room :lol:

And Rocket is unproven. But he sells toys. Who wouldn’t want to see Rocket and Spider-Man banter in a film to save as well as receive the universe :lol:

Buggin hard. The thread has had this argument before. Tony Stark isn't going to bawl like a baby like Andrew Garfield's spider man

What rdj did when Tom Holland's character vanished wasn't poor acting, that's just you expecting him to do something he shouldn't be doing lol

Are you not looking for character growth in these films? Tony breaking down after having PTSD and nightmares about aliens and it finally coming to fruition was what would’ve gave everything gravitas especially everything he’s been through. From yinsen til now. Instead he just meditates like he’s tryna remember if he turned off the stove :lol:

Like look at this movie. Y’all tryna justify Thanos crying but saying Tony Stark shouldn’t :rofl: FOH

Lol because he didn't do something you wanted him to do, doesn't mean that he lacked character growth.

People disappeared before his very eyes when he wasn't expecting that to happen. Excuse him for being stunned to process anything :lol:

I can't believe you have me in here defending rdj and his character. You're despicable

Also thank God there's no call backs to the ptsd storyline from IM3. Everything about that movie was, in the words of nauwghtynare, trash

Last edited:
For me, I think Tony's reaction goes all the way back to Civil War. He's lead the Avengers down this path but it hasn't gone as he planned. He finds out who killed his parents thus leads to fighting Cap and Bucky. He's ready to have a life with Pepper but he is on an alien planet. The Avengers are separated, broken, and beaten. He's been teamed with a few people he doesn't know with a half-baked plan that backfired. He was stabbed and nearly died. He's struggling to cope with what just happened as people are literally fading away. The weight of the world is on his shoulders in his mind. It's much more than feeling sad for a young kid that got involved in something bigger. He is in shock. People in shock don't cry. He struggles with the idea of what happened. For all he knows Pepper and his dreams of having a child have been erased.

Y'all lay off Tony the gawd. Tony's reaction was right on. He was stunned.

What about Scumbag Steve's reaction when his boo got dusted? I didn't see him crying. He was just another booty on the hit list to him.

Back
Top Bottom