WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

I don’t have any trust Sony :smh: and why the $&@% SHOULD ANY OF US!?

Holland was going to be the next RD Jr. and have a 20 year run like no other.​

Say what y’all want about how dc and warner bros are garbage

But atleast we don’t have restrictions on super hero’s being from different companies

This ****ing sucks, so we won’t get a continue of the post credit scene in far from home?

Spider-Man homecoming
Spider-Man far from home
Spider-Man homeless?:frown:
Kinda says a lot that DC has been creatively bankrupt for decades or too chicken **** to ever make use of having the rights to all their characters that they never did anything but make Superman and Batman movies.

They'd never have a situation like this Spider-Man one cuz they don't really promote their characters or world build to have fans clamoring for Martian Manhunter to show up in a movie with Dr. Fate.

They have all their characters and what do they have to show for it?

I don’t have any trust Sony :smh: and why the $&@% SHOULD ANY OF US!?

Holland was going to be the next RD Jr. and have a 20 year run like no other.​
I feel like a lot of yall fooled yourselves here.

Seemed like every year it was being repeated that the Spider-Man deal would be renegotiated.

Can’t be a coincidence that all this is going down days before D23. Next Spider-Man movie won’t be in production for at least another six months-year so I refuse to believe it until then. Denial is a hell of a phase...

welp

'Spider-Man' Studio Sony Goes Public with Marvel Movie Divorce: "We Are Disappointed"

The studio is placing the blame on Disney for cutting short the inter-studio co-operation.
Sony Pictures is vowing to carry on the Spider-Man franchise without Marvel Studios’ involvement, placing the blame on Disney for cutting the successful inter-studio co-operation short.

In a statement obtained exclusively by The Hollywood Reporter, the studio says it is “disappointed” that Marvel president Kevin Feige will no longer act as lead producer on the film franchise, squarely laying the decision at Disney’s feet.

“Much of today’s news about Spider-Man has mischaracterized recent discussions about Kevin Feige’s involvement in the franchise,” says a Sony spokesperson. “We are disappointed, but respect Disney’s decision not to have him continue as a lead producer of our next live action Spider-Man film.”

The studio then says Feige, who shepherds the robust Marvel Cinematic Universe for Disney-owned Marvel, may just have too much on his plate, given that Disney recently acquired additional Marvel characters via its acquisition of 21st Century Fox.

“We hope this might change in the future, but understand that the many new responsibilities that Disney has given him – including all their newly added Marvel properties – do not allow time for him to work on IP they do not own,” says the statement. “Kevin is terrific and we are grateful for his help and guidance and appreciate the path he has helped put us on, which we will continue.”

The statement comes as THR and others reported Tuesday that Sony and Disney have parted ways as co-producers on the revived Spider-Man movie franchise. Reports suggest that studio chiefs Tom Rothman at Sony and Alan Horn at Disney could not agree on a financial arrangement to continue to collaborate.

Disney and Sony entered into a unique partnership for Marvel to produce the Spider-Man movies that starred Tom Holland. The deal saw Feige as lead producer on Spider-Man: Homecoming and Spider-Man: Far From Home in a complex arrangement that allowed the hero, whose movie rights are controlled by Sony, to appear in Marvel’s Captain America: Civil War and two Avengers movies.

The two sides had been talking about ways to extend the deal for future Spider-Man movies to star Holland but talks collapsed recently.

Sony announced Monday that Far From Home had surpassed Skyfall to become the studio’s most successful release, with a worldwide haul of $1.109 billion and counting. The film will be re-released over the Labor Day weekend with 4 minutes of additional footage.

They had to publicly address it cuz their stock was falling. Trying to stop the damage before tomorrow when it might sink even more.

Statements put things on Disney, speak highly of Feige, and are optimistic about the future.

Dont be surprised when Sony has the Spidey cinematic universe show up @ NYCC and announce some new movies coming while propping up Morbius and Venom :lol:

Last edited:
Wouldn’t be surprised if this goes back to the negotiating table only in favor of Disney now.

Last edited:
Damage control tweets in the middle of the night?

bd444e70d979ca76ce1060dca64a0e8a.gif

I like how they're trying to spin it like Feige doesn't have time for Spidey when he was quietly consulting for them back when they were making TASM movies because he cared that much about the character.

Sony gonna Sony.
Well theyre putting it on the ever expanding MCU and the F4 and X-Men that Feige is in charge of. Before during TASM the MCU wasn't as big.

Besides, what they're really trying to say is Disney isnt gonna let Feige produce a Sony movie for them anymore when Disney isnt making any money off it since he could be spending that time producing a Marvel movie.

Feige being too busy to produce more Spider Man movies?!?...He literally just oversaw the complete culmination of a decade long 20+ movie series, including quietly helping Sony get Venom into a position to make it a serviceable release...That’s the excuse they float?

They can’t even come up with a logical excuse for the split...Complete whiff...Yet they expect people to believe that they’ll be able to successfully move the character on post-MCU :lol:...

This is a power play by Disney and Marvel. They know the outrage that will come from this and it'll only harm Sony. A Sony only produced film will flop in respects to how well the MCU has done with the character. The fact that they made this public was dumb on their behalf. They will make money but people for sure will sit out a Sony Spiderman film. They really think their shared universe will thrive and this is really the only reason their doing it. That trash Morbius movie is in development right now
scust.png

Another deal will occur and I wouldn't be surprised that by the time it's over, Sony will be in trouble and will result in Marvel getting back the rights

Last edited:
Well theyre putting it on the ever expanding MCU and the F4 and X-Men that Feige is in charge of. Before during TASM the MCU wasn't as big.

Besides, what they're really trying to say is Disney isnt gonna let Feige produce a Sony movie for them anymore when Disney isnt making any money off it since he could be spending that time producing a Marvel movie.
Yea people reading too much into it. Damage control obviously but things are definitely different now than they were in 2011-2014. MCU was starting to get places after A1 but IM3 and Thor2 didn’t help that cause at all

I see both sides of it. Disney wants a bigger cut from producing the film which is fine and all. 50% is a huge cut even when they’re already getting all merchandising profits. Sony doing 50:50 on that while already having to do everything else with the movie will still make them money but not as much as now

Plus FFH only made a billi imo since it was after EG and people were still on that high, Antman and the Wasp effect. Still a great movie

Of course we all want Spider-Man in the MCU but Disney can’t be out here saying give us half and then some when Sony owns the rights entirely lol

Disney was willing to finance half of though.
And even when doing that, they’d still have 100% of merchandising. They’d be making more than Sony would off a character they don’t even own the rights to

I see why Sony would say no to that, even if they had to save face and say it was Disney fault :lol:

Yea people reading too much into it. Damage control obviously but things are definitely different now than they were in 2011-2014. MCU was starting to get places after A1 but IM3 and Thor2 didn’t help that cause at all

I see both sides of it. Disney wants a bigger cut from producing the film which is fine and all. 50% is a huge cut even when they’re already getting all merchandising profits. Sony doing 50:50 on that while already having to do everything else with the movie will still make them money but not as much as now

Plus FFH only made a billi imo since it was after EG and people were still on that high, Antman and the Wasp effect. Still a great movie

Of course we all want Spider-Man in the MCU but Disney can’t be out here saying give us half and then some when Sony owns the rights entirely lol
Yeah, I see both sides.

I'd feel a certain type of way if I were either one of them at this point and solutions to it just make things messier. The deal worked cuz of how ridculously simple it was money wise but now the stakes are took high.

Venom did 800. Garfield films did 700-750M. Disney gets all of the SM merchandise revenue. Gonna be a long Cold War if they expect Sony to give up anything less than a 70% stake, if not higher

Back
Top Bottom