WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

I know this is the MCU thread, but i'm still confused as to why some of yall refuse to blame the real culprit in this mess: Disney. They've gotten too big for their own good.

I know this is the MCU thread, but i'm still confused as to why some of yall refuse to blame the real culprit in this mess: Disney. They've gotten too big for their own good.

And yet.. they’re 2/2 in Spider-Man movies.. 5/5 if we’re including CW, IW and EG

Meanwhile Sony has butchered couple Spider-Man movies.. and other studios have done the same with other beloved properties from my childhood

Me and Disney Gucci when it comes to marvel properties.. other things, sure we could have a cup of coffee about, but marvel we good

Too big for their own good? What studio has a W rate of 100% since inception?

They literally havent had a badly performing movie since Marvel Studios became a thing...........This is business. There`s no such thing as TOO big, in business.

SONY got a big head and now they believe they can do it without Marvel/Disney. Thats the issue, not M/D.

And yet.. they’re 2/2 in Spider-Man movies.. 5/5 if we’re including CW, IW and EG

Meanwhile Sony has butchered couple Spider-Man movies.. and other studios have done the same with other beloved properties from my childhood

Me and Disney Gucci when it comes to marvel properties.. other things, sure we could have a cup of coffee about, but marvel we good
I don't disagree with you on them making successful MCU movies with spiderman in them. But I gotta side with Sony on this dispute. Disney is asking for wayyyy to much. I can't lie, part of me wants the MCU to have to change course because of this.

They literally havent had a badly performing movie since Marvel Studios became a thing...........This is business. There`s no such thing as TOO big, in business.

SONY got a big head and now they believe they can do it without Marvel/Disney. Thats the issue, not M/D.

So, we gonna conveniently omit how the mouse has butchered the star wars franchise? No studio has a perfect track record, including Disney.

I don't disagree with you on them making successful MCU movies with spiderman in them. But I gotta side with Sony on this dispute. Disney is asking for wayyyy to much. I can't lie, part of me wants the MCU to have to change course because of this.

I have zero clue what Disney is actually asking for, thou

Not sure if you’re a football fan, but it would be like believing what jerry Jones people are putting out publicly about dak and/or zeke just because we don’t hear the other side of the story

So, we gonna conveniently omit how the mouse has butchered the star wars franchise? No studio has a perfect track record, including Disney.
You keep saying DISNEY................While Disney owns Marvel, its MARVEL that makes and produces the movies.

This has 0 to do with Star Wars. Find another example.

And I cant side with Sony. They tried to make spider man movies and ended up stopping because they dont know what they`re doing. Toby Spider man started off good, then went to ****...........Andrew Garfield Spider man wasnt horrible, but again, they couldnt finish, yet again.

I have zero clue what Disney is actually asking for, thou

they want 50/50 while they already have 100% of the spidey merch $$$

still sucks though but who do you guys think is gon be the center of mcu now? back to doc strange again? thor if hemsworth stays for another 10 years?

CM? Blade?

Love Disney and everything MCU is produced, but if we're deprived of more MCU Spidey flicks then Sony should not be the lone blame. Again, Disney is demanding more of the pie, which they should, but the bully tactics of demanding access to half of the hundreds of characters that Sony own also is a huge reason why this is being stalled. Based on some of the reactions I'm seeing online, some fans think this is just Sony pulling out completely and refusing to let Disney use Spidey any longer, when in reality they just want to continue at the same terms.

End of the day, I believe they get it together. Spider-man on the silver screen is so close to being fully realized now that F4 & X-Men are in MCU. If this continues to go south with no possibility of return I'd be just as mad at Disney as I would at Sony.

they want 50/50 while they already have 100% of the spidey merch $$$

still sucks though but who do you guys think is gon be the center of mcu now? back to doc strange again? thor if hemsworth stays for another 10 years?

CM? Blade?

But has that been confirmed or is Sony just pushing that to the media?

Because to my point about jerry Jones, his people pushed that dak was asking for 40 mill per.. when the reality with nfl contracts is it comes down to the guaranteed money in the deal AND we have zero clue what he’s actually asking for, other than we know Jones has a history of going to the media

But has that been confirmed or is Sony just pushing that to the media?

its from the very first report before sony even responded

from deadlines updated article after sony has said their piece so its not really sony pushing anything out there, what they are saying is that feige is gon' be too busy: https://deadline.com/2019/08/kevin-...nter-soldier-tom-rothman-bob-iger-1202672545/

Sony Pictures spent much of yesterday trying to spin Deadline about the prospective loss of Kevin Feige from future Spider-Man films. First the studio downplayed the idea he might be leaving; then insiders pinned his exit on added responsibilities from the Fox acquisition of the X-Men franchise, though they declined to make a statement. All this was reflected as factors in Deadline’s break of an important and widely regurgitated story. But sources maintain that Feige’s exit was about money; it was about Disney seeking the 50/50 co-fi stake as the price for Marvel and Feige’s continued guiding hand that resulted in the delivery of Sony’s biggest grossing film ever. Sony declined to meet those terms. It was an aggressive stance by Disney, which already owns the merchandise on Spider-Man, and a tough nut for Sony to swallow, giving up half of its most valuable franchise. But these talks had been going on for some time. Had Sony agreed to Disney’s ask, Marvel and Feige would not have withdrawn from the Spider-Man films, sources said.

Sony issued a statement late in the evening, not denying anything Deadline revealed yesterday, but reiterating its stance that Feige was too busy, which seems like spin. Deadline stands squarely behind its reporting.

Last edited:
So...the next Spider-Man movie will just ignore all the Tony stark and Nick Fury stuff? What about the suit that Mavel put him in? Lol nanotechnology etc etc.? So they will have to just use the “Spider-Man is Peter Parker” ending and run with that story huh

Won’t affect mcu storylines too much. After Endgame they are starting fresh anyways...

its from the very first report before sony even responded

from deadlines updated article after sony has said their piece so its not really sony pushing anything out there, what they are saying is that feige is gon' be too busy: https://deadline.com/2019/08/kevin-...nter-soldier-tom-rothman-bob-iger-1202672545/

Sony Pictures spent much of yesterday trying to spin Deadline about the prospective loss of Kevin Feige from future Spider-Man films. First the studio downplayed the idea he might be leaving; then insiders pinned his exit on added responsibilities from the Fox acquisition of the X-Men franchise, though they declined to make a statement. All this was reflected as factors in Deadline’s break of an important and widely regurgitated story. But sources maintain that Feige’s exit was about money; it was about Disney seeking the 50/50 co-fi stake as the price for Marvel and Feige’s continued guiding hand that resulted in the delivery of Sony’s biggest grossing film ever. Sony declined to meet those terms. It was an aggressive stance by Disney, which already owns the merchandise on Spider-Man, and a tough nut for Sony to swallow, giving up half of its most valuable franchise. But these talks had been going on for some time. Had Sony agreed to Disney’s ask, Marvel and Feige would not have withdrawn from the Spider-Man films, sources said.

Sony issued a statement late in the evening, not denying anything Deadline revealed yesterday, but reiterating its stance that Feige was too busy, which seems like spin. Deadline stands squarely behind its reporting.

Yea 50/50 split is a tough pill to swallow especially when they’re not getting the toy and I don’t think merchandise revenue.. but what’s the deal with production costs and promotional costs?

Because I could see an argument THEN if all that is on Disney and essentially Sony is getting 500 mill per to lease out the character(s) and then I assume they get the full dvd, blue ray and after theater release revenue

Yea 50/50 split is a tough pill to swallow especially when they’re not getting the toy and I don’t think merchandise revenue.. but what’s the deal with production costs and promotional costs?

Because I could see an argument THEN if all that is on Disney and essentially Sony is getting 500 mill per to lease out the character(s) and then I assume they get the full dvd, blue ray and after theater release revenue
50/50 on that too

ever heard of captain marvel and black panther?

if disney is putting up 50% of the money to finance the film, i assume theyre gon' want 50% of all the profits as well

i love disney but they are pretty damn greedy themselves if not the greediest of all :lol:

Just sit back and watch this play out. Sony didn’t get out of a whole just to go back into it. They’ll give Disney what they want

Back
Top Bottom