WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

Just sit back and watch this play out. Sony didn’t get out of a whole just to go back into it. They’ll give Disney what they want

tumblr_pwft0926D21y08szqo1_400.gif

While I'm optimistic, Sony really can just keep Spidey and keep churning out subpar movies as long as they keep making money. The success of Venom really made things interesting. I'm hoping Morbius tanks. An interesting direction I can see Sony going is the Miles Morales route. As a Spider-man fan, I don't feel his story is hugely dependent on other marquee Marvel characters. While I love everything being connected, Spider-man technically can/will exist without MCU, it's happened before and can again. Sony has more leverage than we all think and it would be naive to think that a couple of die-hards protesting their films would make a dent in their decisions.

This is all a negotiation tactic that should've gone like:
Disney: we want 50/50 profit on future Spiderman films
Sony: No, but we can do 80/20
Disney: Done

From a business perspective, why would Sony concede that much in profits?

Because the good will of the audience is hard to acquire. You wanna make comic book films against Marvel? Ask DC how well that’s working for them. And then with their own marquee character at that? Marvel would make sure to have a major release near any Spider-Man film to spite Sony and diminish box office returns. Sony would be wise to concede to Disney because outside of James Bond and Jumanji their is no other franchise that could really reap them a profit. 50% of something is better than 100% of nothing.

22BACB6C-2101-4130-B1BF-F986FCBBD4C8.gif

While I'm optimistic, Sony really can just keep Spidey and keep churning out subpar movies as long as they keep making money. The success of Venom really made things interesting. I'm hoping Morbius tanks. An interesting direction I can see Sony going is the Miles Morales route. As a Spider-man fan, I don't feel his story is hugely dependent on other marquee Marvel characters. While I love everything being connected, Spider-man technically can/will exist without MCU, it's happened before and can again. Sony has more leverage than we all think and it would be naive to think that a couple of die-hards protesting their films would make a dent in their decisions.

Rebooting Spider-Man right now at this junction when a superhero film is the highest grossing film of all time and Spider-Man was for all intents and purposes heavily involved in the emotional arc would literally be suicide. Sony right now should be giving Disney their purchasing price while it’s still high because Disney will have Spider-Man one way another. Worst thing they could do is dig themselves back into a ditch and put up the for sale sign after they’ve ruined all their IP’s. You dont want to be in Disney’s way, much better to be on their side.

I saw Grace in person recently. She's a little thicker than she lets on. I can't with that voice though. It sounds like a 50 year old Midwestern mom.

You’re right, I read his quote wrong. Movie still wasn’t good either way.

To say your theater had people sleeping I still find hard to buy.
Was it a majority white crowd? I watched it twice in theaters and both crowds were pretty fun/hype throughout.

To say your theater had people sleeping I still find hard to buy.
Was it a majority white crowd? I watched it twice in theaters and both crowds were pretty fun/hype throughout.

I’m from PG. it was mostly black people. Granted I did see it at 11PM so maybe it was late and they were tired

Back
Top Bottom