Were the Eggplant Foams worthy of the hype?

I remember when I first saw Wale wearing these and I was so hyped.

Fast forward a few months and I'm like ok, that's it.

I even thought they were better than the royals. Now, not so much.

Unfortunately, yes. That damn shoe ruined the way folks buy foamposites now.

Drove up the prices on all pairs, even though eggplants can be had for cheaper than most others now.

500+pages, nuf said.

Brought out a rack of folks who dissed foamposites before, but run around with team posite and team penny sigs, bamma please.

Vividly recall the moon boot chants from 06'.

From baltimore dopedealers to a reseller sneakers, i never would have saw it coming.

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

Brought out a rack of folks who dissed foamposites before, but run around with team posite and team penny sigs, bamma please.
nerd.gif

roll.gif

is any shoe really worthy of hype anymore? honestly i didn't appreciate the hysteria for them.

i'm thinking the tons of people who wanted a pair, or even wanted a new pair, of the blue foam ones for the ten years prior to the 2007 retro and then tomake them a QS retro when it should have been a GR, then add the blk/blk, blk/red and blk/cactus which weren't "accepted" (dunno why cause theyare dope).....then with the HOH madness just made it more inevitable for the eggplant madness to develop.

Yes. The sneaker is straight extraterrestrially beautiful. I think you guys are right about people hopping on the bandwagon though....I just don't want tosee the foams over done.

Hmmm I think so, instead of enjoying the nice beach, I was too busy taking pictures of this shoe.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by eye see soles

"Hypebeast'++! 101" class in session.

smh.gif

When it comes to Nike b-ball shoes, its extremely rare when a "retro +" colorway beats what the athlete wore on the court to perform.

Folks come back to their senses sooner or later...

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

Originally Posted by eye see soles

"Hypebeast'++! 101" class in session.

smh.gif

When it comes to Nike b-ball shoes, its extremely rare when a "retro +" colorway beats what the athlete wore on the court to perform.

Folks come back to their senses sooner or later...
The pictures made them look soo beautiful.
embarassed.gif

I loved them in 97 when my bro got a pair, i love them today.

but the purples were not as good as the Blues, no matter what hype was created.

Once I had em in my hand I fell in love with em! One of my dopest kicks ! Too bad I copped a half size smaller =[! Now I need to sell my pair n cop a sz 12!Too bad people asking 280-380 for em! That Price is crazy!

I was never really into foams, too bulky to me. The eggs were crack, I copped mines for retail a few days before release day, wore them a few times and thensold them on NT, kind of mad that I did but end of the day I just couldn't find any jeans that looked good with them, they were just a lil too bulky for mytaste but now that its getting a lil cooler outside I wish I still had them. good looking shoe to rock when its cold outside.

I think they were, besides the orlandos I vote these 2nd all time among foam 1s... but the hype was crazy, everyone became a foam head out of no where, andI'm not saying I was down since 96 but I knew what was good come 2002

its a beautifu shoe.. hands down.. did increase the foamposite bandwagon cuz hypebeasts are spreading like swine flu out here...

I'll let you know when i finally track my pair down.....still looking for a 9.5 for a decent price!

For a shoe that may have been hyped, people must like them cos its not like they are getting jettisoned for the next hyped shoe......

I like them just as much today as when i was looking. You have to figure any clear-sole foamposite is going to draw attention and demand...blame that on theroyals

Originally Posted by ThaDoogal23

I'll let you know when i finally track my pair down.....still looking for a 9.5 for a decent price!

For a shoe that may have been hyped, people must like them cos its not like they are getting jettisoned for the next hyped shoe......

These days foams are practically a business sneaker. Even if i wasn't a fan, i'd be in no hurry to give em' up knowing some dumb schmoe will spend$350+ for a pair.

For the record, never have and never will spend more than retail for a foamposite. Been loyal to the local shoe city's and dtlrs and refuse to sacrifice myintegrity now.

Back
Top Bottom