Were the Eggplant Foams worthy of the hype?

Kinda off topic but ^Chewvenile were you the one that traded with my boy for the 1/2 cents?

Originally Posted by Darkwing Duck

are foams even worthy of any hype? IMO its an ugly shoe, i never understood the hype

foams last forever. take forever to beat down a pair of foams

are foams even worthy of any hype? IMO its an ugly shoe, i never understood the hype

Plus they were one of the greatest creations of the 90s.

northeast classic niketalk could cease to exist and they would sell just da same.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

northeast classic niketalk could cease to exist and they would sell just da same.
Naa...

northeast_sat_440x297.jpg

Without this region of America being present, the Foams would've only gotten as far as Penny's career..

Finally! Just when I thought I was the only one.

I dont see the style behind a big bulky moonboot that looks like its melting.

Originally Posted by Buster Carmichael

Foams>Majority of Air Jordans.
The shoe was just built so well. People liked the shoe because it was innovative and ahead of it's time technologically and Penny Hardaway wore em.

If you didn't appreciate or was a fan of Penny the shoe wasn't meant as much to you.
Along the lines of Jordan Sigs, If you didn't watch them play, you certainly got the appeal from people who wore them, and what the shoes meant/value held.

The hype started to grow because sneaker collecting itself started to grow, and with a $190 price tag it became a status symbol just like all the other JordanSigs.
Different strokes for different folks, it may not be appealing to the eye, but its certainly an acquired taste or just a well crafted shoe from the get godepending on your views.

Originally Posted by Buster Carmichael

more pairs for us

I like the Eggplants, but they're not as good as the Royals. They were worthy of hype, but the amount of hype behind them was overkill

there the best colorway ever! even better then the royal blue joint! just my opinion

dont think the hype was that bad in my area cause they were sitting in my local DTLR for bout a week
i think the coppers will be difficult due to hypebeasts.....

the best foams to date.. these are classics, i wouldnt mind having like 5 pairs just to always have a fresh pair. i dont think no sneaker is worth the hype,but thats the game for you. thats how folks make money, if it wasent for hype they wouldnt really be a big market, people wouldnt waste there time.. i love thekicks though

Worst casse scenario for me.... had my brother steal my only pair
mad.gif
Got a 9/9.5/10 on deck and reading this... Holla @ Me!! Otherwise, enjoy your pairs,those eggplants are nice.... def #1 to me... royals got everyone on its nuts
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom